Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got some spare Sims? Send them my way!

GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
You guys probably know by now that I'm doing a series. It's certainly been a challenge so far, to say the least, and one of the bigger challenges I've been faced with recently is related to how everything's scaled. TS3 is a small game that likes small amounts of Sims in small sorts of places. It doesn't like lots bigger than 64x64 meters and households larger than 8 members. And hey, we're doing a real world sort of thing here so that's an issue. Last time I checked there's 2 million Sims in Bridgeport, so you're going to need quite a few people to get that kind of scale across.

What would really help me out is if I had a library of background characters to refer to. My requirements are different for each scene and location; having a group of Sims for each age category, ethnicity and overall archetype available is going to make it a lot easier. Right now I have just over 60 Sims (up from 46 last episode), of which about 60% have been created by other Simmers, and I'm hoping to make it to 80 for the next episode.

So I'm just putting it out here, should you have a few Sims you like but don't know what to do with, send them my way. They'll be fed and clothed and I promise I won't kill any of them. Plus, some of them may stick around to become best friends with my regular everyday bunch. It's happened before.

I have a Tumblr (ThePisStuff), and an MTS profile (GrijzePilion). Feel free to message me on either, or just on here.
Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
(oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
Post edited by GrijzePilion on

Comments

• GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    CC is fine, but please don't expect me to leave all of it on. The Sims get a makeover in which they're 80s-ified to a certain degree and I usually try to stick to their original looks and style, but I have a very finite amount of CC I'll be able to use beyond what I already have.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I've been messing around lately in CAS and have made a handful of sims for practice. I have never shared a sim I've made ever, so I am not sure how to do it. If you tell me how, I will share them with you to use. They do have CC though, if that is a huge issue, I will go back in and change things to EA.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Assuming you've saved these Sims before placing them into the world, their .SIM files will be in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims. These SIM files are usually quite small and can be shared easily. Thanks!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I have a bunch of saves sims as I recently had a "randomize" session in CAS. :D Most I haven't even used.
    Don't worry, I tweaked most of the pudding out of them and most don't have any CC (trying to see if I could make them look decent without).
    I haven't uploaded them to my gallery yet, I probably won't get a chance to until this weekend. None of them have a "background" story. I'm too lazy. :s
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2018
    That can be interesting. Two questions : do you have a blog? And where can we upload to?
    I'm currently from phone so if it's in you sig I cant see it
    Post edited by Avatarit on
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I've got boatloads of Sims in my Studio . Sims, households, lots with sims living on them, etc. A lot of them are base game only, but many of them have a gazillion EPs & SPs included as well.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Have you looked at this thread? There are households and Sims available for download there:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897770/sims-3-household-exchange/p1
    edited August 2018
    That can be interesting. Two questions : do you have a blog? And where can we upload to?
    I'm currently from phone so if it's in you sig I cant see it
    Good point, yeah. I have a Tumblr (ThePisStuff), and an MTS profile (GrijzePilion). Feel free to message me on either, or just on here.
    I'll also take a look at the Sims 3 Exchange and see if I can figure it out. I've never really used it before.
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Have you looked at this thread? There are households and Sims available for download there: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897770/sims-3-household-exchange/p1
    I don't plan to use any Sims without getting explicit, personal approval from their creators. I make it a rule to credit everyone, after all, and I can't credit someone who had no involvement in an episode.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @GrijzePilion , if you think you can use any of these sims from my studio in your game, it would be fun for me to see them dressed in eighties style!

Molly Bluejay, YA female
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8856629

Nophret Kingsley, YA female
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8910557

The Eligible Bachelors, 2 YA and one adult male
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8991431

Lovely bunch you have there PalmArrow, you're definitely going to see them pop up in eighties style somewhere. Unfortunately I'm still well short on Sims, in fact I'm having to use everyone twice for now which means there's lots of clones to be found all over. If anyone can shoot me a few more Sims that would be lovely. I'm well out of ideas, mine are all starting to look terribly repetitive.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Got a real hot number for you if you are interested..

Feast your eyes on her.

6QMQQLJ.png

So you want her aye? :p

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    Hell yeah.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2018
    @GrijzePilion Here you go,be good to her.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9261637

This is not a joke she is actually a pretty sim.That is a disguise.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Just click on my siggy, it will take you to my blog. In the downloads section is a link to my world blog where you can download families. They are mostly EA households - renamed and relooked. It might help you though! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I've finally uploaded some sims to my studio. They're mostly just random sims I made during a CAS session. No CC, no background stories and you can do with them what you will. I have more but I have to fix them because they had cc skin at one point.
    https://thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Odonata68
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, looks like I completely forgot to check in on this topic. I'll grab some of your Sims, guys, and I'll make sure to update my credit graphic for next episode.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    Currently I have 89 Sims uploaded to my studio. Most are either young adults or toddlers, both genders.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    If you hadn't, you should definitely check out the Household Exchange thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897770/sims-3-household-exchange

I've got some sims in my studio, just follow the link on my signature.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    BTW - All of my Sims have skintones different from the normal 'human', most come from MTS which is in the description. Also they have maxis clothing and accessories which I have recolored using my original, seamless patterns.