Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improvements To Ghosts

I like the ghosts in the Sims 4, however, they're only really useful if you want to play as them and wouldn't be considered very scary at all.
As far as I know, ghosts don't generally give your sims many negative effects besides the occasional tense emotion which I'm not entirely sure exists with ghosts, it may just be for the haunted lot trait.

My suggestion is to change ghosts up by making them scarier. In the Sims 2 ghosts would scare your sims, with the possibility of even killing them. This could be implemented by adding a new emotion, scared. Ghosts being nearby could cause sims to get this emotion until they leave and if they interact with ghosts too much or if the ghost uses interactions like the 'scare' interaction too much on the sim they might die from fright.

To prevent sims from dying due to ghosts all of the time, certain traits such as Evil and Self Assured would prevent them from getting scared by ghosts. Ghosts with the Good trait or Cheerful trait (or any similar traits) possibly could be unable to cause sims to get scared. They could also appear less often or ghosts that were a part of your family can't make the sims scared unless they have certain traits like Evil, Mean or Erratic.

Ghosts could be made more spooky by giving them interactions such as re-enacting their deaths which ghosts did in the Sims 2. If a sim is in the room while a ghost does this they would get scared by it. Other interactions could include making objects such as sinks dirty, crying about their death unless they died from emotions.
Sims that died from anger could autonomously argue or be mean to sims and cause them to be scared, Sims that died from embarrassment could hide from living sims and sims that died from being too playful could laugh about their death and joke with other sims.

Sims who are electrocuted could cause lights, televisions and stereos to turn off when they enter the room which might scare sims.

I remember seeing a post similar to this by someone but it's a few years old and I didn't want to bump such an old post.

Anyway, what do you guys think? If any of you have ideas that could improve this you should post them below.

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I would love that! They deserve the same attention that Vampires had.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Karon wrote: »

ALL the Supernatural creatures should get an equal amount of attention otherwise whats the point of having them playable in game?

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

redrogue60 wrote: »

ALL the Supernatural creatures should get an equal amount of attention otherwise whats the point of having them playable in game?

I completely agree
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    Great idea!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    I 100% support this thread! Ghosts in TS2 were so much cooler and scarier. I wish ghosts in TS2 would reenact their death, as an autonomous interaction. I also wish ghosts could make objects work by themselves instead of just making them float or shake like on TS2. And I wish the ghost scare was a negative towards relationships instead of positive.

It would also be cool if ghosts got angry when their spouse remarries, or their personal objects are sold, etc like on TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    redrogue60 wrote: »

I completely agree

Me to!

Ghost needs a massive improvement. Ghost acts as human not as a ghost. It makes me feel that ghost are just colored sim with one special ability. other than that, they are just normal sims. They don't act as ghost and they don't feel as ghost. Ghost is a lifestate not a copy of existing ones. They should have improved on what they did on The Sims 2.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ghosts are essentially tied to the death trait they were given with, and I totally support these ideas; as for playable ghosts, they need to not be able to have to take care of most needs as well. I honestly don't see why ghosts need to go potty when they no longer have functioning bladders bc they're dead? The scare factor needs more BOO too, but we honestly need a Fear emotion instilled into the game first before we'll ever get these things.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I fully support this idea! It’s high time for an upgrade for our translucent sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    I wish we had a graveyard lot type where ghosts spawn :(

The haunted lot trait is a lie.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    I would love it, if we had random ghosts coming to the Sims house probably like... Once a week at night and haunt them (either going in the cupboards and wreck everything (making the house a mess), any sims that are up they scare.
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    They need to bring back the Ghost hunter career as well so I can restart my Ghostbusters series on Sims 4. Even if it would take off a lot of charm without Ecto-1. :blush:
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-