Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody know how to delete a stuck open door the game thinks is 'in use'?

OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
The house is large and heavily furnished, so would prefer to not have to move my sims out and back in again. Should have noticed it early, but didn't.

Thanx in advance

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Is it a overhead light holding it open? I used to do that in small bathrooms- put the light too close to the door/or anything else.

Moveobjects on will delete it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No lights that I can see. A sim walked through the exit and the door didn't close afterwards. Thanks for the suggestion! Will try it the next time I fire the game up.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    1. BoolProp testingcheatsenabled true
    2. Force Error
    3. Reset or Delete it.
    Thank you both! While the MOO worked, am noting both methods for future reference.
  • SynthWarriorSynthWarrior Posts: 12 New Member
    Sorry to get into a thread and ask something that has nothing to do xD
    @Rflong7 and @DreamCytcher , could you tell me currently which is the best OS to play TS2? I currently have W10 Pro on my PC, and the game...is unplayable(UC from Origin), I did everything that is said, but the game keeps crashing, or if I get it to work, the pink flash start, which I do everything and remains the same...therefore, I was thinking of formatting an older PC and installing an OS only to play TS2 xD
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sorry to get into a thread and ask something that has nothing to do xD
    @Rflong7 and @DreamCytcher , could you tell me currently which is the best OS to play TS2? I currently have W10 Pro on my PC, and the game...is unplayable(UC from Origin), I did everything that is said, but the game keeps crashing, or if I get it to work, the pink flash start, which I do everything and remains the same...therefore, I was thinking of formatting an older PC and installing an OS only to play TS2 xD

Sorry you are having issues playing on 10. I know some people are having a hard time getting it to work. A couple people have done just that, installing a older OS on another drive (or using a older pc) Windows 7 and anything before (XP, Vista) seem to have a better time with the game, and fewer issues. :)

Mind you Windows stopped support for XP and Vista, and will soon stop support for 7. So you won't want to be browsing online with that OS, it makes it more open to virus attacks.
    @JULES1111 , Thanks for the reply!
    Actually, knowing that in W7 works, I think I'm fine.
    There is only one thing that I find curious, my PC (that is, the one I use) has W10 Pro, and the game is a disaster in such, but on my girlfriend's PC, I install it, start, and the game works perfect, not a problem, her PC has W10 Home, and i don't even need to use Graphics Rules Maker, just edit the Graphics Rules.sgr (for the higher resolution theme) with Notepad.
    Therefore, may the Windows version influence? the same question with the graphics card.
    edited September 2018
    @JULES1111 , Thanks for the reply!
    Actually, knowing that in W7 works, I think I'm fine.
    There is only one thing that I find curious, my PC (that is, the one I use) has W10 Pro, and the game is a disaster in such, but on my girlfriend's PC, I install it, start, and the game works perfect, not a problem, her PC has W10 Home, and i don't even need to use Graphics Rules Maker, just edit the Graphics Rules.sgr (for the higher resolution theme) with Notepad.
    Therefore, may the Windows version influence? the same question with the graphics card.

I think the Windows version can matter. I know someone else who uses pro, and has had a real hard time getting the game to work, same issues as you, a lot of crashing and pink flashing. I know they got it to stop crashing, and for the most part the pink has stopped, but sometimes it comes back depending on how long they were playing. The graphics card also makes a difference, from what brand it is ( a lot of people are having issues with Radeon cards, and switching to Nvidia) along with the age of the card.

Some people have had no issues at all. I play on Windows 10 home, and have had no issues at all. Others have a ton of issues. I imagine it has to do with the PC, and maybe if they have Origin installed and running. I don't, I got the UC and installed it and uninstalled Origin before they patched the game to run with it. Some people only started to get issues after they patched it.
    @JULES1111 , I understand.
    Here is something like this, my PC (GTX 1080 + I7 6700k | Windows 10 Pro) can not run the game because it lives on crashes, I try using the 4GB patch...and it's the funny thing, if I install it, I can enter the neighborhoods and play, but with the pink flash, which is basically as if the models and textures were missing, which causes the T pose in the Sims, without the patch, the game can crash anywhere, BUT, if I achieve to enter in the neighborhoods, most things are fine, except for the Sims, who still are roses and in T pose.
    My Girlfriend's PC (GTX 970 + FX 8350 | Windows 10 Home) can run the game without problems, there is no need for the 4GB Patch, GRM, or anything, and it is considerably a PC with already a few years.
    I saw some with the 1060's and 1070's, and well, the game works perfectly.
    I guess I'll have to try or make a "downgrade" to the Home version.
    @SynthWarrior Did you run the graphics Rules on your pc? If so it most likely did not work all the way with a 1080. There are a couple things you can do. Change the amount of texture memory the game can have, and make sure your graphics card is added to the list in the data base.

Some instructions for editing the files by hand can be found here. http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212 You might want to check all this out, before downgrading anything.

From personal experience on several machines over the years, ATI in general is lousy with games. Any PC I intend to do gaming on gets an Nvidia card if it doesn't already have one.