Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

South Pacific next vacation ? .

It maybe spending to much time with my Sims I finally lost my marbles. But after the latest patch and my Sim just painted a volcano I'm thinking a Hawaii type vacation spot.

Comments

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would very much like a Hawaii-type vacation destination for my sims.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    It maybe spending to much time with my Sims I finally lost my marbles. But after the latest patch and my Sim just painted a volcano I'm thinking a Hawaii type vacation spot.

That would be fine as long as it's a beach vacation spot but I think it will be more Caribbean Themed since we got a Caribbean Set.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member

That would be fine as long as it's a beach vacation spot but I think it will be more Caribbean Themed since we got a Caribbean Set.

I hope it comes with a vacation world
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    How cool would surfing be in a Hawaiian vacation pack? Man, I'd pay $60 for that.
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I hope it comes with a vacation world

Yes that's what I mean. A Caribbean Themed Vacation World.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Caribbean themed clothing and "Hawaii" doesn't exactly go together. It will either be a Caribbean themed vacation, or at most something with a "Tropical" theme.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I would love something a bit different this time around, and have the beach- themed expansion be mediterranean inspired. Like Greece, for example would be gorgeous!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

I would really want it to be Hawaii islands with black sand beaches on one island, pink sand beach on the another island and the traditional golden beach on the last island with beautiful turquoise water surrounding the islands. Jet skis, ocean swimming, suntanning, luaus, pig roasts, add papaya, pineapple, mangoes, and coconuts, pina coladas as a new drink, learn hula dancing, etc

If they could make a cruise ship that island hopped would be awesome too. I mean we could load screen to each island and do the activities at each island or we could stay at a hotel at one of the islands.
  • JackieJilg2011JackieJilg2011 Posts: 2 New Member
    It has to be a game pack of some sort of Island theme. I'm a new member, long time lurker, and I see hints every where! I can't leave a link (new member policy), but you have to check out the sims 4 official merch store. Seasons was released and we got a bunch of new shirts and bags with plumbobs illustrating the seasons, but that's no longer the newest item up for sale on those pages. New merch has a cute luau sim in a straw skirt between two Llama totems having a hula dance! Easiest way to see the art on the page up close is to go to the accessories menu and select bag! Please someone put up the link, so everyone can get a peek. It's gotta be a major hint. Also its titled Sims-Hula, and I know our sims currently don't have that skill yet!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    that would be so nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Seymour92Seymour92 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > Bluebeard45 wrote: »
    >
    > It maybe spending to much time with my Sims I finally lost my marbles. But after the latest patch and my Sim just painted a volcano I'm thinking a Hawaii type vacation spot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would really want it to be Hawaii islands with black sand beaches on one island, pink sand beach on the another island and the traditional golden beach on the last island with beautiful turquoise water surrounding the islands. Jet skis, ocean swimming, suntanning, luaus, pig roasts, add papaya, pineapple, mangoes, and coconuts, pina coladas as a new drink, learn hula dancing, etc
    >
    > If they could make a cruise ship that island hopped would be awesome too. I mean we could load screen to each island and do the activities at each island or we could stay at a hotel at one of the islands.

YES. SO MUCH YES.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    That would be cool! A tropical vacation..

But, it would be great if they could also consider the Far East vacation (like in TS2 & TS3) because it can add more items for build mode, decorations, & other stuffs..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It has to be a game pack of some sort of Island theme. I'm a new member, long time lurker, and I see hints every where! I can't leave a link (new member policy), but you have to check out the sims 4 official merch store. Seasons was released and we got a bunch of new shirts and bags with plumbobs illustrating the seasons, but that's no longer the newest item up for sale on those pages. New merch has a cute luau sim in a straw skirt between two Llama totems having a hula dance! Easiest way to see the art on the page up close is to go to the accessories menu and select bag! Please someone put up the link, so everyone can get a peek. It's gotta be a major hint. Also its titled Sims-Hula, and I know our sims currently don't have that skill yet!

R5Xzxt6.png
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I can see them releasing merch after the fact, but to release it before a pack is even announced? I don't think so. If this is a tie-in with anything, it would be the Caribbean free stuff we already have.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I can see them releasing merch after the fact, but to release it before a pack is even announced? I don't think so. If this is a tie-in with anything, it would be the Caribbean free stuff we already have.

But the Hula dance has nothing to do with the Caribbean.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

But if they give us free Caribbean stuff in preparation for a Tropical pack, it doesn't mean it's Hawaiian based either. I think they are drifting away from too many American type places.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2018

R5Xzxt6.png

I believe that you're correct. I've been peeping those shirts for a while and waiting for the announcement. Because there's some type of island pack in the works. :)

This time, I believe (I hope) that they will provide enough content to decorate a neighborhood in different kinds of themes, besides the typical Hawaiian/Polynesian that we've seen over and over in the series.

More Caribbean items would be fab. Or, more items with a down under flair, or Mediterranean, Central and South American... There are so many possibilities.

Especially, since TS4 has loading screens, plenty of build/buy items from around the world would make it possible to create resort or vacation home lots that the player can pretend are anywhere in the world.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »

R5Xzxt6.png

I believe that you're correct. I've been peeping those shirts for a while and waiting for the announcement. Because there's some type of island pack in the works. :)

This time, I believe (I hope) that they will provide enough content to decorate a neighborhood in different kinds of themes, besides the typical Hawaiian/Polynesian that we've seen over and over in the series.

More Caribbean items would be fab. Or, more items with a down under flair, or Mediterranean, Central and South American... There are so many possibilities.

Especially, since TS4 has loading screens, plenty of build/buy items from around the world would make it possible to create resort or vacation home lots that the player can pretend are anywhere in the world.

I hope it's coming sooner then later.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    zamira82 wrote: »
    Nothing cool about the tropics. :/
    Mediterranean
    That would be lovely.
    In the sims franchise, death has had hula dancers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTCOK4B_kg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    zamira82 wrote: »
    Nothing cool about the tropics. :/
    Mediterranean
    That would be lovely.
    In the sims franchise, death has had hula dancers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTCOK4B_kg

Death pack confirmed. :D
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I miss the hula dancers. :D All my platinum old sims must be living it up in paradise
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    While I would love a tropical vacation pack I don't know if it's next considering San Salvador GP. With the fall and winter coming up I wouldn't t mind a snowy mountain vacation or like here at home around the fall time we have ab annual fair with crafting booths, carnival rides, haunted house, haunted rides, etc... much like the fall festival in sims 3 with bobbing for apples, eating contest, face painting, live music, and so on.
    I realize those things may not happen in the game but here's to hoping and speculating it might.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    Please give us a forest world, I don't need more exotic worlds that my sims will never visit, my sims only take a vacation once every 4-5 sim years. But I think us players desperately need new worlds to live in, more empty lots and more diverse environments, we already have so many suburban american neighborhoods, how about swamp neighborhoods like Twinbrook (or Australia), or a neighborhood deep in the forest like the Sherwood Forest in England, it'd really showcase the seasonal changes of the Seasons Expansion Pack. I didn't really care for Sunlit Tides in the Sims 3, I don't think a tropical world is what the game needs at the moment.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I would also prefer more normal worlds. Vacation worlds are flawed by design because it's not something you can use every day unless you use money cheats.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited September 2018
    Why are you all so focused on the vacation pack needing to be from a correct real life destination? Would it not be as much fun if sims could visit Llama Island (with golden sand, azur ocean), Bunny Cliffs (with darker sand and green ocean) and Long Forgotten Grotty Resort (with no access to ocean but more a pool based holiday park resort). I personally wouldn't want my sims to go to Hawaii or Greece - those are lovely RL destinations but I don't see them as part of SimNation (or the universe outside) :smile:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg