Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Glitch

https://youtu.be/2MbgztyJB-U

I had uploaded this video up to YouTube today. I've had this glitch happen to be everytime a sim found out she was pregnant. I mentioned in the comments what the cause of it was, well my thoughts on what this is caused by. My question is, is there patch for this to correct this. this is a major glitch that actually effects the gameplay to a great level as it literally freezes the sim in one spot. The resetsim cheat does not work in this situation as it is waiting for an action to happen that is cruel to the sim's storyline. Not sure why EA, Maxis, and The Sims Studios missed this glitch. Also the timing is very different from gameplay to gameplay. I remember waiting almost 10 minutes real world time for clothes to generate for the pregnant sim. So, is there a patch for this?
unknown.png?width=841&height=473
Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    EA never released single patches for individual issues, they were always cumulative. If you are on Patch 1.67 or 1.69, then you have all of the patches that there have ever been. For a 1.67 disc install, the Super Patcher can be used to apply or reapply 1.67 if that is needed.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-super-patcher

I've never seen maternity outfit lag like that in my game. I have to wonder, do you have a high amount of CC possibly including maternity clothes? It also looks like, from a screen shot on your wall, that you are playing with the TS3 store in-game shopping experience on. Does it help if you switch that off within Game Options? And perhaps play offline, not logged in at the Launcher or in-game levels?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    unknown.png
    This is my current set up, and I've had this issue long before using the the online store. It just seems like it takes forever for clothes to regenerate period. I'll check the link you game me. Thanks.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Shop Mode is on the third tab over, the one called General Options. Not Graphics.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I installed the patch, seems to be okay. Most of the stuff seems to perform better than they did.
    @igazor I just wanted to say something, I contacted EA official about my game, they suggested that I uninstall all of my packs and reinstall them to fix it. So that part is fixed. I also had another thing that needed to be fixed with my game and that was to help it run on Windows 10 better. If someone should ask about why or how to fix the break between the opening video an the loading screen, here's what you can share with others to help with the situation as it helped me.

If you're running Windows 10, follow these steps to clean boot:

Open the Start menu and search for msconfig.
    Click on System Configuration.
    Click the Services tab.
    Check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
    Click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
    It can take a few seconds for the Task Manager list to load.
    Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button.
    Close the Task Manager window.
    Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes, then restart your computer.
    Once you restart your computer, try launching your game again.
    help.ea.com
    How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
    Sometimes a corrupted or out-of-date file on your PC is causing your issue and you may need to use the third-party software CCleaner to quickly