Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bare Your Fangs! Vampire Pictures, Stories and Gameplay Advice Please

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Beardedgeek aww Scrappy was so cute. That picture of him dying makes me so sad :( are you sure your household doesn’t have room for a little ghost dog? Ghost pets never get sick! I can attest to that having had Mayor Whiskers’ ghost around for three (about to be four) generations already.
    Agatha looks so shocked in that first picture lol.
    Is she taking her pulse before she died?!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    @Beardedgeek aww Scrappy was so cute. That picture of him dying makes me so sad :( are you sure your household doesn’t have room for a little ghost dog? Ghost pets never get sick! I can attest to that having had Mayor Whiskers’ ghost around for three (about to be four) generations already.

I deliberately released him to the underword. It was Agathe's decision to do so.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

I deliberately released him to the underword. It was Agathe's decision to do so.
    Ah may little Scrappy’s pixels rest in peace
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    @kirivian Hey there! :smiley: My game is pretty much nothing but vampires (and aliens), so I'm pretty knowledgeable about them! In fact, one of the two main characters in my simlit is a vampire, which is based on the events of my game:

dcaZNih.png?1
    Onyx Nightshade. This is his current age in my simlit, but he does grow up eventually! Just give me a few more chapters. :joy:

I have my main game file and a seperate file for my simlit. I can't show you much from my game because I don't want to spread spoilers, but I'll show off some vampires that won't be relevant or have more minor roles in my simlit, or basically ones I don't care about spoiling the names and appearance of:

uPwNWpC.png
    Korey - No surname because that's a spoiler. ;)

vL5GFEi.png
    Delaney

21NOPHP.png
    Nox

jS3T1Y8.png
    Delia Douglas

f5egqV6.png
    Dante Vamp

ldhCoav.png
    Vane Straud (yes, this is Vlad's son)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Some of them look like women, and it's not because they have long hair. Caleb's face in particular is very feminine...
    mika wrote: »
    Some of them look like women, and it's not because they have long hair. Caleb's face in particular is very feminine...
    Some men do have softer features than others in RL too. I don’t think it’s particularly a vampire thing in the Sims.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Some men do have softer features than others in RL too. I don’t think it’s particularly a vampire thing in the Sims.

They make for some great male models ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited August 2018
    So I’ve been playing a bit today. Aurelia had been “studying” with Vald to try to become a Grand Master, while poor Caleb is at home teaching skills to little Anastasia.
    Aurelia was given a new dark form and Vlad got a minor makeover as well.
    uUUufU2.jpg
    KAsIsXb.jpg
    9auz22G.jpg
    we6l6Ud.jpg

Post edited by Kita5399 on
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member

Yeah. What's wrong with that? Honestly, I prefer softer features to extremely sharp, angular overly-"masculine" features. :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!

They make for some great male models ;)
    I agree.

Yeah. What's wrong with that? Honestly, I prefer softer features to extremely sharp, angular overly-"masculine" features. :)
    Me too :)

edited August 2018
    In Agathe's newfound quest to become the best fishing ghost there is... Things are getting interesting. And slippery.
    FK9dKhd.png
    BcMNXA8.png
    t0M710b.png
    NDAw04w.png

Meet Alva (picked by Agathe), Champ (picked by Ulrike V) and Lucious the Grey Fox (picked by Ulrike F):
    gNEw82E.png
    HjJDjZj.png
    DQRR3Cx.png

The Fox and the Hound are getting along splendidly:
    WkOHpp8.png

When you're bored doing workout routines, you can always possess someone's stuff:
    GVO8DsN.png

Protip: If you have a low relationship score and have the ability to Mentor that person? Do it. Ulrike F and Agathe are now good friends after just one evening in the gym after Agathe made her reach Fitness 10.

Edit: about the pets: I wanted to play "fair" but only Lucious (named something else) was worth adopting. So what I did was to pick him and two other random dogs, saved, went into Edit Household and removed and recreated the other two pets. That way I paid 600 total for them, and yet got to pick pets I wanted.
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kirivian wrote: »
    @paradiseplanet You're always so mysterious. I know it's to get @MaggieMarley and I all fired up ('cause neither of us seem to have any patience at all :blush: ), but when she's old enough, I'd love to see her. And I know you'll eventually tell us who her parent is, but in the meantime, you must know the gears are spinning (antici...............pation).

Alright alright, I'm due to tell you about him anyway:

Meet Daniel Lawrence (and his mom Loretta), one of my most favorite sims and my first sim ever made in the game. He started out as a toddler so he was the first to grow up in my game:

1p69K0O.png

Now what makes him special you ask? Well he is the biggest momma's boy in the world, and is willing to insure him and his family live forever by any means necessary! He's the Evil Genius type, but has Good Manners so creates a very interesting sort of character. He chose to be a Secret Agent over a Villain merely for the better rewards for his family. He's also superficial and married his wife, June Kay for her looks. She's legally insane and does not have a good relationship with Loretta, who is a famous artist, and her husband; they have an unhappy marriage. But, their son Calvin is their shining hope borne out of their union.

UabHIo6.png

Now how does he tie into the vampires? Well, he's also Caleb's third boyfriend! If you hadn't figured it out already, Caleb is a player and has his own relationship troubles at home (his second boyfriend who is not Dillan but another vamp which I'll leave out until later) and they met when Daniel was with his Intellectuals club gathering, though he already had some vampire connections with Count Vlad being a part of his E.V.I.L. club (Every Villain Is Lemons). They became good friends through Caleb wanting to finish his aspiration and respectfully ask him for a drink of plasma. Daniel initially refused but it didn't sour their relationship. They met again one fateful night at the nightclub (the one where the Partihaus gathers at) and one thing lead to another and they ended up making woohoo in the closet (that was also when Daniel discovered he was bi). Caleb's vampiric charms may or may not have been involved.

They sealed the deal at Chez Llama, and that's when they made their affair official! Caleb knows about Daniel's wife, but Caleb must keep the fact he has multiple lovers a secret from even Daniel, though I would think Daniel knows because he's a pretty smart guy. He still has feelings for his wife though and does not want to disturb his family life at home, so keeps this entire other life as far away from them as possible. So long as June doesn't upset his mother too much, he won't have to confront June about their failure of a marriage yet...for now.

All his life, he'd been searching for a means to keep him and his mother alive longer than the others. Although he is friends with Death himself, he knows it is inevitable and do whatever means to slow its progress or even halt it. Before Andre DaSilva moved in with the Behr sisters and became a vamp hunter on the side, he was bunking the Lawrence house and they're partners in crime together. Daniel essentially persuaded (manipulated) him to write Books of Life for him, his mom, and for Calvin (I think I made Andre write one for June too but Daniel didn't commission him for that one; oh how he treats his trophy wife). Daniel senses that time is ticking and even had to acquire a Potion of Youth to give to his mother to drink before she became an Elder.

Now that he's romantically involved with Caleb, the option of vampirism is up on the table (something I maybe actually considering as the storyteller) Daniel may want Caleb to turn him so that he can then pass the vampirism to his mother, and eventually to Calvin, so that they may live forever, but he must know that Caleb can be fully trusted. That's why after he was abducted when coming home from work late at night, Zynthia was born soon after and handed over to Caleb, so that it doesn't further disturb his albeit "normal" family life at home, essentially giving up his alien daughter to the Vatore coven to raise as a "tribute". Only him and his mother know about the transaction. How will the raising of Zynthia go, being under the care of vampires? And will Daniel accept the conversion to vampirism for his selfish desires?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    @MaggieMarley thank you, I’m still trying to find a path for Caleb, the poor guy is just miserable.
    @Beardedgeek the new pets are adorable, I like the idea of having a pet fox.
    @paradiseplanet I love your story, very creative. Please keep us posted on what happens next!

The story has just gotten worse for poor Caleb, he came outside to find his wife and Vlad in a romantic embrace and flew into a rage. This caused him to attack Vlad, and promptly have his rear end handed to him.
    trzbog0.jpg
    He immediately stormed off and attack fed off a passerby, which made him super tense (guilty drinker).
    cx9bjzf.jpg
    While angrily stomping around not knowing what to do, he came across Cassandra Goth. In a moment of poor judgement he turned her, then panicked and ran home. He returned to a huge argument with his wife, in which she informed him she was leaving him for Vlad.

So as it stands now, Aurelia moved in and immediately eloped with Vlad. They now have a newborn son named Ehren. They want to create a large family of vampires and train them all, mostly just to keep control of Forgotten Hollow. They have convinced Lilith to join them (club system), as well as Wolfgang Munch whom Lilith has her eyes set on (not sure if she’ll turn him or not). Caleb is going to move to the city with his daughter, not sure where his story will go yet.
    Now that Cassandra is a vampire I have to decide what to do with her. I’m considering having her join Vlad and the others, or I could have Caleb take her in out of guilt (I don’t see a romance for them, they really don’t get along).
    Anyway here are some pics of Lilith and Cassandra in their newly made over dark forms.
    Cassandra
    mAyAYYe.jpg
    Lilith
    1wkhQCI.jpg

@Beardedgeek awww Alva is ADORABLE! Champ and Grey Fox are very cute, too. I also see what you did there with that Fox and the Hound reference lol.

@paradiseplanet Daniel is certainly an interesting (and complex!) sim. I really like the dynamic between him and Caleb. I kinda want them to end up together (on a more monogamous basis), despite Daniel’s faults - they sound like they’d make a good couple in a weird way.

@Kita5399 things got very exciting in your game! Poor Caleb. But, I’m routing for Vlad here haha. Do you see baby Strauds in the future? I think Cassandra will make a great vampire! Loving her and Lilith’s dark forms, by the way.
    Note to self: When switching to play the other vampires (I will do that when Ulrike F has become a Master Vampire): Turn off Aging, so pets don't die or age up while powering up the other vamps...
    edited August 2018
    Oh, a small more personal introduction to my main Sims:

As anyone knows that followed Agathe from the start, she was an adventurous DJ-wannabe from Windenburg that dreamed of moving back there. She met Benny (one of Lilsimsie's premades, AFAIR) in a yoga class and well... Sparkles flew, adventures were had and money was earned.
    Eventually they had Ulrik and Ulrike. And Scrappy the Boston terrier.

Then things... happened. I realized that having eight Sims in a HUGE house was simply not fun to play, plus with Seasons added San Mushino just was too cold and annoying (I am not a Snow person).
    So... Due to some time-wime-wobbly multi-dimensional random happenings (read: me) the core of the family was moved to Oasis Springs as the timeline restarted. In the process Ulrik stopped from ever existing in the first place.

Then Ulrike was visited by a master vampire (Vlad) and well... here we are.

Now, the choice of pets tie into their personalities.

Agathe is adventurous and independent. So is Alva.

Ulrike V is... complicated. As I have said before she is more Coachella than Forgotten Hollow, but she is, to the core, accepting of what she has become. And what she has become is a Master Vampire that rivals Vlad in power after just one year of study and practice. In fact, a vast majority of the vampires are actually sired by her, not him, and obey her as their queen. She is kind, charming, cute, free-spirited but also ruthless and sees non-vampires as either woohoo partners or food. Or both. Not really as people (with the exception of her parents). And now when her mother is a ghost she is becoming even more disconnected from the mortal world. Her only real interaction with mortals is as a master pianist and violinist. Hence she is the one with a stereotypical "vampire" dog. Basically it was between a Rottweiler or a Doberman, both usually breeds vampires like. She picked a Rottweiler.

Ulrike F more of a stereotypical vampire, look wise, but she is a kind and happy artiste, rather quirky and in much a counter point to her wife. Hence picking a stray fox as a pet rather than an expensive breed of a cat or even a stray dog.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Aurelia Looks great @Kita5399 :)
    Cassandra also makes a good shape as a Vamp! Interesting story you have for the premade Vampires :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    @Busufu thank you so much, I’ve really enjoyed playing with them so far. Funny thing is, it was only supposed to be a test save when I started it. :D
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Oh My Gosh! I’ve missed so much. It will take me a bit to catch up here guys, sorry. :/ Anyhows, I have been busy with the Dakota/Ezra (thanks 1 billion times to @Shinzen, their creator ) photoshoot and After about 500 shots and hours of sorting and converting for upload, I actually have some pics I'm happy with. I hope you like them.

I thought I’d begin with a few sparring matches – this is image intensive so, sorry in advance. I decided to get the action in a selection of combined photos and then I’ll include spoilers with more detailed shots under the combo shots for anyone interested in them. Also I am still uploading and preparing the individual and couple shoots so this will be over a number of posts. Hope y’all like them.

Ezra Battles Holland in The Apartment in San Myshuno
    UDkT805.jpg
    Baj3mRG.jpg
    As you can see the rest of the gang (except Dakota and Hideaki) came running in to watch the action towards the end.
    Ezra Preparing for Battle
    F9fqIO5.jpg

Hard hit from Holland
    0l2MxHH.jpg

Holland takes the Win
    cvNhiBu.jpg

For some reason Holland didn’t transform after the battle
    PJ3uaYi.jpg

Round Two Took Place Outside the Apartment
    Ezra started strong
    6pk88eV.jpg
    But finished about the same as the first time
    1HOCkfJ.jpg
    It’s rare to catch Holland in a friendly mood, but he apparently likes Ezra – go figure. So, he agreed to a rematch.

Third Time’s the Charm?
    Ezra Prepares for Battle
    ex656lP.jpg

Holland’s Ready to Go
    iK8HokF.jpg

Ezra With a Big Hit
    0SthrfW.jpg

Things Don’t Look so Good for Holland
    eiW094G.jpg

Victory in His Grasp!
    evdK6SB.jpg

Not Sure Ezra Knows How to Take His Win Judging From the Look on His Face :joy:
    8WtP6gG.jpg

All’s Well That Ends Well
    H0zc3L7.jpg
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    edited September 2018
    Maybe Ezra was feeling a little full of himself after he defeated Holland. So,
    Ezra Went After Dakota
    9i5nkKU.jpg

Dakota was ready for him
    A7gwI4B.jpg

Haven’t We Been Here Before?
    60o5Qcv.jpg
    Dakota Gets Ezra By the Neck
    dNQIATp.jpg
    6SYSIuh.jpg
    Dakota Tosses Ezra Like a Rag Doll Before His Final Clasp of Victory
    wufMmI1.jpg
    Dakota Catches Ezra With a Sneak Attack From Behind
    OBBhMwV.jpg

Thrown Like a Rag Doll
    wajfpZi.jpg

Going For the Throat -Dakota Waits For Ezra to Fall Back Down
    lAX6xdi.jpg
    XlcmNRC.jpg

The Victory Grasp
    wUGgZym.jpg
    An07KIr.jpg
    Dakota doesn’t look happy
    ewcA3CX.jpg

But Ezra needed to be reminded that even if Ezra surpasses Dakota in his studies,
    Dakota is Still His Master
    aOfIN69.jpg
    AND
    To the Victor Go the Spoils
    S3JpTeT.jpg
    1yCMdp0.jpg
    tPGSKAx.jpg

Thanks Once Again to @Shinzen for creating and sharing Ezra and Dakota.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    Awesome pictures @kirivian did you use CC poses? I’ve never been able to catch good action shots when my vampires spar. Love that Ezra and Dakota literally kissed and made up afterwards. They’re looking good by the way ;)
    @kirivian I absolutely love your vampires, makes me really want to go CC shopping.

So in my game, Vlad is trying really hard to be a good dad, but he just doesn’t seem to know what to do with his toddler.
    yRUFd4b.jpg
    Caleb found himself a willing snack in Morgan Fyres, although I think she has other plans for him.
    hWrSAOx.jpg
    P3avtNn.jpg
    After playing Caleb’s lot for a bit, I switched back over to see what Vlad and Aurelia were up to. And I find this.. um well it fits her character, so I’m going to go with it.
    lLuplm3.jpg
    Lilith had already turned Wolfgang but he won’t give her the time of day, so I decided to move her in with Vlad and Aurelia to see how the drama unfolds now.
    Switching again back to Caleb, he was hanging out near his apartment when he spotted Vlad in an Alley. Needless to say they were not happy to see each other, and this time Caleb walked away with the victory.
    T7jTV3F.jpg
    JMht8uV.jpg
    At this point I have Caleb joining up with Cassandra, Emilie (a game generated Vampire), and Wolfgang Munch to try and stop the others from turning anyone else.
    Oh and here’s Wolfgang as a vampire :o<3
    0GmpYtU.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Hey all! I feel really bad about falling behind in the discussion here on the thread – it’s a haven from the stresses of RL for me, thanks to all of you. So, I am reading it over again while responding to try to make sure I didn’t miss anything important or (even worse) anything fun!

@MaggieMarley thanks so much for uploading the three new vampires, Damien, Cleo and Ernest. I have kidnapped them all :p.
    I am at the photo shoot stage with Edward, but I have been unhappy with my ability to get the aliens (Alek specifically, but also, I was looking at Mathilde) the way I envision them. The biggest problem I have had so far is that the skin tones available for them are disappointing. I have finally found a set of skintones that I think I’ll be happy with, but they were not Alien enabled, so I have to get them into SFS to see if I can enable these tones for aliens before I can effectively use them. In the interim, I put aside Alek and I am working with Ernest instead – so Edward and Ernest (I will probably age him up for the shoot when I am ready). A little later, maybe today or tomorrow, I will try to get the Edward prelims up. While working with Ezra and Dakota, I came across some poses that I love for Edward, and I shot some of those already. I think you’re going to like them too.

Thanks for the kind words about Heath, he certainly agrees with you, but what can you expect from a guy whose only parent is named “Fox”. :) I was reading your discussion about the wedding dress and the veils in particular (all this time and I never actually looked for bridal veils – thanks to you and @paradiseplanet for the inspiration – it’s now on my list). And I agree with you, @paradiseplanet and @squirrelwithacup about guys who aren’t necessarily hyper macho – pretty bois spin my wheels!!. :dizzy:

Thanks for the compliments on the sparring shoot and Dakota and Ezra. To answer the question about the sparring shots. They are all in-game footage. I didn’t use any poses for those shots. I was hoping when I was cropping them that I cut out the majority of little bats flying around and smoke and all that, but there was a lot of it that’s still left in the cuts. While attempting a shoot between my Hideaki and Dakota, I found Hideaki’s vamp form to be a complete disaster and I couldn’t get the little bats out of most of the shots by cropping them or get any really good shots through the smoke generated by the battle which is why the shoot didn’t make the cut. I did download some fighting poses thinking that I might try using them if I couldn’t get any good in-game shots, but none of them were vampire fighting poses and most of them were dependent on weaponry which the vamps don’t need to fight – so I didn’t end up using any poses for these shots. I have used upward of two dozen pose packs for the other shots that I haven’t put up yet (the individual and couple shots), but I am not sure what will make it onto the boards and what will hit the cutting room floor so to speak, and a liberal spattering of in-game candids are also on the table for those posts.

Also, fun trivia, the kiss at the end of the Dakota vs Ezra battle is an in-game “passionate kiss” broken down into close to a dozen shots actually – only three of which made the cut, but I think they work. ;) These two were so flirty while sparring I didn’t think they would ever start the spar sequence, especially where I wanted them to for the shoot, but right after the battle was over Dakota just grabbed Ezra for the passionate kiss, and I was in shot-catching mode – so what the heck. They took care of business when the fighting was done without any prompting from me. :naughty:
    Post edited by kirivian on
    @beardedgeek Such mixed news. I don’t know whether to celebrate or start sending lanterns downstream. Rest in Peace little Scrappy, I know you will be remembered and kept in the warm little pixels of your bereaved sim-family’s hearts. :bawling:

Agathe’s death seems fitting considering how she lived her life, and she just hasn’t changed in the afterlife, has she? Always a busy little thing – fishing is it now?. I agree she does look really good now that she’s a ghost (does that sound as bad as I think it does?).

Congrats on the new additions!! I think those pets really reflect the women who picked them awesomely, and could that rottie get any cuter? I don’t think so. Nice job on Lucious BTW – he’s a cutie too. Great job at getting that foxy feel. And I don’t’ consider using CAS to cheat a puppy or kitten into the game is cheating at all even if you don’t pay an adoption fee (which you took the trouble to do). How else can you get some of the breeds you want when they are not available for adoption? It’s not like you can go to a breeder. The Fox and the Hound is an all-time fave of mine and Like @Maggiemarley I think the reference to that classic Disney film is fitting.

Thanks for the insight on the personalities of your ladies. I knew Ulrike V was a fiery one so I shouldn’t be surprised that she has embraced her inner vampire with such zeal. This is awesome!
    She is kind, charming, cute, free-spirited but also ruthless and sees non-vampires as either woohoo partners or food. Or both.
    Yes, I can see that in her – she’s wonderful! They all are.

I can’t wait to see how this family continues to develop and to find out how those new pets work out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top