Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bare Your Fangs! Vampire Pictures, Stories and Gameplay Advice Please

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited January 2019
    ewww I just found out that two different people stole and re-uploaded two of my vampires :angry:
    Absolutely disgusting.

Original Jules

Stolen, renamed and re-traited

I wouldn't have even noticed had they changed the household name or description... but no, they always forget about that, don't they?

Original Percival

:rage::rage::rage:
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 2019
    Happy new year, folks!! :D

@afai1261 Okay wow, that stinks!! D:
    Really. How dare they? Why would they reupload modified sims to the gallery in the first place? Not every sim on the gallery is supposed to be a base sim. :angry:

@kirivian I love Kvik's antennae too! Actually, I've kinda been thinking of modding them a little - maybe I can figure out how to make the tips of them glow pink, to match her eyes. That would look really good.

Thank you! I find conversations to be really enjoyable to write. I'm glad you're liking Morten!! He's the one who reminds me the most of myself, so I'm happy other people like him too <3

Yeah, I kind of have my personal vampire lore in mind as I play this as well. With the bat forms being different species and affecting how the ears of the vampire form looks; the eye colors probably mean something (maybe their cause of death? or it's based on their natural eye color.. i haven't decided yet); inability to eat regular food, how certain powers, weaknesses, and aspects in general may vary between individuals, and of course, how born vampires would have pink eyes and gain vampire attributes gradually, unlike the ones who got turned later in life. Among other things! It's all pretty fun to dabble with.

Oh yes, Mort's absolutely a nerd. Or geek. Whichever term works, those words are kind of interchangeable at this point. It's what I find relatable personally, ha.

Siini and the others from his household will definitely be showing up later on, I think! They're all from this other set of characters I have, and they're all of this specific race of aliens that I made up.

Ahh, thank you!! Don't worry about sounding like a broken record, I appreciate any feedback I get <3

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @afai1261 I feel saddened by the liberties taken by would be fans in a case like this where clearly YOUR work is something they should be expressing their love of and thanking you for. How can they hope to be part of it's "magic" by attempting to steal the spell? It's tragically part of human nature to want to "own a piece" of someone and something one admires, but this is clearly a most inappropriate way to express that admiration. Frustratingly this is always a risk we take when we open a piece of ourselves to the world at large. Those of us who know you and who are familiar with your creations (like me) remain I am sure fully supportive of your talent and creativity. I can only hope that this "worst of us" scenario doesn't embitter you to the whole idea of sharing your work with those of us who so admire it, although I can certainly understand if it did. Know that you have the love and support of your friends here and specifically me. So very sorry this happened to you. <3<3<3

@Magdaleena I am humbled AYK by the incredible amount of skill and work that goes into the creation of these "characters" (once again I thank you for sharing a glimpse into that process with me). The insight you have shared about the nature of each of these characters including the different species of bat they each take characteristics from really brings out so much of the inner workings of their personalities. As if I needed to love them any more than I already do. :) I love the idea of customizing the color scheme of the antennae. It sounds like it will look really cute and amazing. Also very much looking forward to seeing where you take this new alien family. Hope to "talk" with you soon. <3<3<3
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Happy new year, folks!! :D

@afai1261 Okay wow, that stinks!! D:
    Really. How dare they? Why would they reupload modified sims to the gallery in the first place? Not every sim on the gallery is supposed to be a base sim. :angry:

the eye colors probably mean something (maybe their cause of death? or it's based on their natural eye color

I know right? It just makes me so angry. I should start using #stopstealing when I put my things up now. I guess it means I'm getting more popular on the gallery, but still

Re: eye colours - I usually choose the eye colour for the dark form as a brighter version of the natural eye colour, similar to how it worked in Sims 3. Since most of my sims have blue eyes, I find myself using the bright white-blue vampire eyes a lot, with one exception being my vampire Conrad. He has grey eyes in his regular form, but yellow eyes in his dark form. This was a conscious decision to have him match his cat that has one blue eye and one yellow/orange eye.

So going by this, a sim with brown eyes would have yellow eyes as a vampire, but I didn't do that this time around when I turned a certain premade into a vampire yesterday
    ___

And here's an update.

I popped in to Raphael and Inna's household to have them make a baby. Aging in this save is currently on long, but I'm debating changing it to normal soon. While I was there, I gave Inna a bit of a makeover
    WhRz6so.png
    vxy25xx.png
    l0jOeju.png
    YZ2rqmv.png
    h9RV6mT.png

I then switched to Jules and Venessa. I wish there was actual couple dancing in this game
    4nNVrEy.png
    Xy3ofry.png
    oMDRva2.png
    V7RSpEj.png

And Venessa rolled this whim...
    sWi7zws.png

And it was fulfilled
    08ObtDY.png
    rFkFxcb.png
    CNWBMuV.png
    plg00ax.png

OI8n3na.png
    5DnxExg.png

Dark form after makeover (here, I was originally going to give her the yellow vampire eyes, but I thought the purple in her hair was a good starting point for the new outfit theme and she looks good with the purple eyes. In addition to brighter eyes in dark form, I give them darker hair and paler skin, e.g. Jules has light brown hair in his normal form and black hair in his dark form, both versions of Morgan have the ginger hair in their normal form and dark red in their dark form)
    iDx4Mqi.png
    tXjrj45.png

And a little photoshoot where I really should have changed the colour of her dress
    bOWHH5P.png
    pw05ql4.png
    sMteveE.png
    kirivian wrote: »
    @afai1261 I feel saddened by the liberties taken by would be fans in a case like this where clearly YOUR work is something they should be expressing their love of and thanking you for. How can they hope to be part of it's "magic" by attempting to steal the spell? It's tragically part of human nature to want to "own a piece" of someone and something one admires, but this is clearly a most inappropriate way to express that admiration. Frustratingly this is always a risk we take when we open a piece of ourselves to the world at large. Those of us who know you and who are familiar with your creations (like me) remain I am sure fully supportive of your talent and creativity. I can only hope that this "worst of us" scenario doesn't embitter you to the whole idea of sharing your work with those of us who so admire it, although I can certainly understand if it did. Know that you have the love and support of your friends here and specifically me. So very sorry this happened to you. <3<3<3

Sorry, saw this after I posted
    Thank you, this was exactly the sort of thing I needed to hear. I worked hard on those boys and just to see someone take credit for them and not even cover up their tracks by leaving the description and household name the same (which contain the original names of both sims in question...) really annoys me. Also, how do the people who downloaded the copies not even notice that there is discontinuity between the name and description? It's just ridiculous. I can't believe the 'original by' filter isn't working anymore. I was working on doing an ugly to beauty on a sim I didn't make, and when I saved my WIP version to my library the 'original by:' was there.

Don't worry, I won't stop sharing sims to the gallery, just might take a break from it for a bit <3<3<3

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Got a treat for everyone.
    Played around with CAS a little bit tonight, and consulted some old notes for my story, here's a Sim of Alessandra's original form. As can be seen, she looks different here than the final version in the published story. In the CAS shot and one of the original ideas, she's a vampire. In the story, Alessandra is the human servant of a vampire.

Alessandra deFontaine
    39676684713_169910e1dc.jpg01-06-19_11-33-11 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    This is a celebration of this thread reaching 100 pages - some more eye candy

FipD3xM.png
    rmFQQyd.png
    flpRhk6.png
    jW7MxEV.png
    YH4zwXB.png
    kO1pE4D.png
    5T6IRHj.png
    FnqiVOr.png
    bb2pBRj.png
    yunnp4k.png
    @afai1261 omg.... Venessa's vampire form looks so good. I love the color scheme!!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    So I grabbed the Get Famous pack while it was still on sale, and I figured that Rune, with his maxed out instrument skills, would probably have what it takes to at least get a little known out there in the world.

mgIg5WM.png
    So I sent him to Orchid-A Go Go or whatever the correct spelling is. Partially because I wanted to see this new neighborhood for myself, not gonna lie.

yLfBhCe.png
    But clearly, this was not the best spot for new celebrities to get attention, as the existing celebrities will do everything to gain all the attention.

2JI3XWw.png
    Seriously.

6GIKV4w.png
    Nobody wants to pay attention to this poor musician when Octavia Moon and Thorne Bailey are both is showing up in a place that's not even supposed to be for established celebrities. Wasn't this venue supposed to be meant for sims trying to become famous?

uJybv6W.png
    ...yeah, this clearly is not working.

4rL6li5.png
    He might as well go try his luck elsewhere. Like the Screaming Llama. You know, that small, local bar in Windenburg.
    But of course there's a problem.

kEaTYQe.png
    What the heck is Judith Ward doing there?? Seriously. She lives in Del Sol Valley. Basically, LA. And Windenburg is like, Europe-based. An entirely different continent.

Go away Judith, you don't belong here. This is not a tourist bar; it is far out on the countryside. Seriously, are you lost?

P3NjHKN.png
    I'm not sure if Rune's realizing that they're not crowding around him.

That is, until the crowd starts going JUDITH WARD. Last time he checked, his name was not Judith.

Come on, he literally travelled all the way back home, only to lose the spotlight to even more celebrities who shouldn't even be here? Wow.

9tCLpRm.png
    Then he remembered he's actually still a vampire, and actually does have the power to command people to leave. All the while the mortal would think it was their idea all along.

0rGhVd9.png
    The perfect crime.

SJG7RKn.png
    Finally it's his turn. Look, people kinda love him already.

09b5l3b.png
    🐸🐸🐸🐸.

T8wjEwT.png
    So he gave up for the night, since Judith is clearly lost and also won't leave this poor bar alone. (really, is there any custom lot trait that keeps NPC celebrities away? would be nice)

And.. a small romance somehow sprung up here. I forgot the dude's name, but I'm pretty sure he likes him?

KloFzIg.png
    Oh, they absolutely like each other. It seems they both enjoy video games.

KJHewk1.png
    RUNE: Hah, and that's how I managed to do that thing! It took me SO MANY tries. Totally worth it.
    THAT DUDE: Awesome!! Also... you're a vampire, right?

hbLDm2X.png
    RUNE: Well. Yes! Why?
    DUDE: I'd like to offer you my wrist. Here, have my blood. It's free.
    RUNE: Oh.. uh, sure! Be warned though, I'm kind of a sloppy drinker. Hope you're not afraid of spilled blood.
    DUDE: I'm okay with that!

ZcqPgU4.png
    After that, they both went home. It was getting very late.

(also i probably cannot write romance for plum, i'm sorry lmao.. the point is that rune probably found a boyfriend here. yep.)

anyway, i'd put in more here, but it's literally 2 am here now, and i honestly write better in the evening than late at night.

so uh. here's one final message from rune before i end this post:
    zzkZiNK.png
    this old doodle seemed very relevant now

good night haha

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    @Magdaleena @afai1261 I want to thank you both for pointing out this landmark for our thread!! Very excited that we hit page 100, and I have to believe we have a lot more ahead as well. :)

@NyteRose Is it weird that I can see Jas' features in her?? But my how things have changed. :) Thanks for the update on Stars BTW and also for this glimpse at the past. <3

@afa1261 All my favorites!! And I see you've been playing with some new types of CC - looks awesome! That little smirk on Inna BTW - killin' me! She looks so ready for brattiness! And I have to agree with @Magdaleena , Vanessa is looking really good too - especially with the "vampire colors" (you're right about the dress in the last two shots - it's strange seeing her with the vamp hair and makeup and the "before" dress, but she's still cute enough to make it work.) I was beginning to worry it was gonna be all about the ladies, (who I do love), but THEN...… heheh - you hit me with the page 100 celebration shots and I was DONE IN! :dizzy: Awesome way to celebrate this milestone!! Thanks so much. <3

@Magdaleena Awesome update. First off - grats on GF! I am enjoying this EP, I think it's one of the better ones. Having said that , I feel for Rune - how is it that every celebrity in the game seems to be your character's stalker?? It's not just poor Rune though unfortunately it seems endemic in the world of GF - Seriously folks - Enough is Enough!!. Rune's "would be" boyfriend looks cute and totally loving that they bond over the "geeky" stuff. Thanks for the update as always - really looking for to what comes next (wanna see Rune's name in big letters!! :smiley: ) <3<3
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Sigh...making me love Rune even more than I already did. Killin' me @Magdaleena. Lol
    Also, happy 100 folks. I know I've only been here for about a quarter of it, but it's been so amazing getting to know you all and sharing my Sims love with you. Here's to the next 100! Xoxoxo
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited January 2019
    ooh 100 pages...I have nothing more to contribute lol

No wait Love seeing your boys Mag :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Hey all, quick somewhat personal update. I'm not even sure if its wrong to share it, and It's no excuse for not keeping up better with y'all - but RL has dealt us a blow and we now only love and live with one dog. My "Ace" was 16 years old and died of complications associated with her age. :heartbreak: One of those times when being a vampire would have meant the world to me. Sorry if I've seemed off recently, but should be back to myself in short order.
    @kirivian oh hon, I know how that feels. In 2015, my family lost a cat due to his being hit by a car, and the following year our other cat, 21 years old and been with my mother since she was a kitten, also died of old age. So sorry for your loss :heartbreak::cry:
    ((hugs))
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @kirivian So sorry for your loss. I lost a beloved cat, Apollo, back in May. We had no choice but to put him to sleep due to IFV, and would've had him for a year July 14. He was alight in my life after losing a cat a mere 10 days before he came to us from a friend. Peace and healing to you, and may your canine friend rest in the hereafter.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    @kirivian You know this already, but we love you so much and we are all here for you in your time of need. Don't ever hesitate to reach out. <3
    Thanks y'all it really shouldn't ('cause I wouldn't wish these feelings on my worst enemy), but somehow it does help to know that what I'm feeling is something y'all can sympathize with. It helps me feel connected when I'm feeling so alone. Your comments and well wishes really help. <3<3<3
    here's a big update that involves most of my vampires

Morgan and Elle's disastrous date
    9rhgr4P.png
    So I bought Dine Out recently and thought it would be nice to send Morgan and Elle out on a date to a nice vampire restaurant. It was Love Day, after all! One problem. Both of them have the Withered Stomach weakness. And plasma fruit salads set it off, which they shouldn't. I mean, it's plasma fruit, come on!

So um, there was a lot of this... I mean I do like torturing my sims sometimes...
    L3gn6lc.png
    HDQWA6X.png

Morgan managed to make it to the toilet. Elle did not.
    bHjDAk2.png
    KwAFz8r.png

And then she got food poisoning! Good grief!
    RK6iIqy.jpg

And she threw up on the floor again
    6nhUmz1.png
    ISAUPqY.png
    FG5GxHa.png
    oh darling I am so sorry

But snuggling with Morgan makes it all better...
    Lapr2nm.png
    8ktn9HC.png
    XdwNrj6.png

...or not
    dWHhtF0.png
    bSPYbJk.png

Raphael and Inna have a baby
    XNtg5s6.png
    Raphael and Inna had their baby, a daughter which the game named Simone Velez. I don't mind the name, so I'll let her keep it.
    KW4pLUq.png
    yyNb7gn.png

Here she is as a toddler. I aged her up in CAS and :o
    n86mg7F.png
    uvnD80f.png
    7vkFkKz.png

I didn't know Raphael and Inna had it in them to produce such a beautiful girl!

Cormac gets an autograph
    KH2zdoN.png
    Yes, Cormac managed to get an autograph from Jules
    IwDi6QC.png
    TLC9yMV.png
    AxeNynx.png

And here's Cormac and Morgan with their twins, Macaulay and Saoirse (pronounced sare-shih or sur-sha to rhyme with inertia)
    0dWsgLk.png
    MyjYqmM.png
    Rk2pYGu.png

And now lastly for Cormac's household

I decided to play around with an aged up Saoirse in CAS
    ktBDyZb.png
    to12xrJ.png
    dMppHQk.png

I've already decided who i want to be her partner - introducing Finnegan, created by @MaggieMarley
    2vO27oN.png
    I think he's super cute. Also both he and Saoirse are hotheaded so they're a perfect match! Both fiery redheads :D

Morgan and Morgana
    Morgana will be aging up to child in 12 sim days, so I decided to get in all this cute father-daughter stuff
    1ry8otR.png
    4CQgCIE.png
    L1JfHNh.png

Photoshoots

Morgan
    20lgDhX.png
    I gave Morgan a makeover. She looks so good with this hair
    D8kDDQf.png
    w8Gjdsc.png
    k5S5qBn.png

Morgan and Elle - 1
    ttvIhqe.jpg
    XDhauvU.png
    KEsrSVJ.png
    1YKBYCL.png
    ojXWXrr.png

Morgan and Elle - 2
    nUgBdZZ.png
    REE6qt6.png
    Zj3Awu4.png
    gfSnI7L.png
    q41gFKD.png

Extras

Morgan completed the Master Vampire aspiration
    Kwj7KC8.jpg

Siobhan tastes good
    brb9xz4.png

Elle plays the violin! I've turned on fame for her as well, so we shall see if she can become famous
    ngHsNqU.png

Hope y'all are doing okay! <3
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have a small update on Caitlyn. She's been working on leveling up more of her skills and is progressing through her career. She has also finished teaching Wilson to master his vampire abilities, so he is now a Grand Master Vampire just like her. I only played them long enough for Noelle to come over once, but the three of them spent the day together. They went out to lunch and then to the spa, and then they dropped Noelle back home where Wilson got to meet the rest of Apollo's kids (technically his nieces and nephew).

I also made Caitlyn and Wilson's family tree: https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html?p=5c38f7d5c6f67f000fdc9557#5c38f6abc6f67f000fdc954e

As well as the Young family tree: https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html?p= 5c38bbfdc6f67f000fdc93cf#5a7fe61667386e6721b52000

Every sim (from both trees) has a bio that explores a little of their backstory and personality. Both trees are linked to each other through various sims.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    Considering that Elle is a clone of Morgan, I find this rather amusing
    aNQ3sqP.png

And this may be the best screenshot I have ever taken
    5oLfJ0b.png
    I love it so much :D:D:D
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    @kirivian So sorry and will be keeping you in my thoughts. <3
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    afai1261 wrote: »
    ewww I just found out that two different people stole and re-uploaded two of my vampires :angry:
    Absolutely disgusting.

Original Jules

I wouldn't have even noticed had they changed the household name or description... but no, they always forget about that, don't they?

Original Percival

:rage::rage::rage:

@afail1261 Seems like this happens a lot to be honest. I wish they would at least give acknowledgement when doing so. I know people will download and change something in your home or sim to fit their needs and that's fine, but if you're going to upload them again at least give the courtesy to the original creator or builder.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @afai1261 How did you find the stolen versions of your sims?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    kirivian wrote: »
    SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    It's awesome to see we all made it here safely, yeah??
    Hey All, been WAAAAYY too long. So sorry! I have been busy though, but more about that later. For now jumping into the action!! :)

@NyteRose I am relieved to hear you are doing better, and very much looking forward to more story!! << greedy and beggy AYK!! <3<3

@Magdaleena She is Sooooo flippin' cute. I <3<3<3 the antennae and I think you are right - she looks a lot like her Dad in many ways. :) I think the conversation between Mort and Kvikindi is heartachingly spot-on. It's tender and awkward and full of the confusion and curiosity that these two are clearly both still dealing with being as young as they are. Always loved Mort, but this update has me all open to him. Didn't miss the reference to the eyes in this update either. Awesome concept that those vampires born with the curse.... gift(?) are born with the pink eyes. But it's also kind of sweet this connection between Rune and Kvikindi owing to the fact that both were born to vampirism - so many ways this family is "related". :) I'm also glad to see Mort keeping up with the art I hope it takes him far because it's a wonderful outlet and he seems to enjoy it. And finally one last note on Mort here......He's a geek!!! Woot!! (or at least geeky at heart). AYK - kinda my thing. :) The new alien character, Siini is it? is also shaping up to be an interesting add (or guest). Maybe we'll see more of that one too? Either way! Thanks so much for the update-- so much fun! <3<3<3

Now about the art. :no_mouth: absolutely speechless!! I know I sound like a broken record, but I love your style and continue to be a huge fan!
    and in a twisted and very very egomaniacal way having them here on our thread makes me feel a little like a part of whatever it is that inspires and infuses you with such talent and imagination. Thanks for letting me share the experience!! <3<3<3

@Beardedgeek Woot!! Welcome Back!! Certainly have missed you around here (and not just because we are all looky-loos and miss seeing Ulrike's "interesting" (?) fashion choices)! Looking forward to hearing what the fam has been up to and of course to your awesome sense of humor (which I have personally missed a lot). <3<3

Okay so here is a hint of what I've been up to - it's kind of a joint project and involves some "familiar faces"? well maybe not, but definitely some familiar folk! Sorry but I need to remain a little cryptic on this one, but I do hope you like.....
    Some Family-ar Faces
    pEMVrP0.jpg
    c8IgEOa.jpg
    @kirivian They are awesome! So adorable! One kinda reminds me of someone....hmmmm.
    yXW40Hz.png?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top