Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninvited neighbors entering without permission!

lwGE3jT.jpg

since i moved my sim to new apartment her neighbors keep going without permission inside my apartment as if they live there

is this happened because i moved her to new apartment? this shouldnt happen?! it's really annoying..

can someone tell me please how to fix this

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Unfortunately this seems to be part of apartment living. Only solution seems to be locking doors.
    You can click any door, including the main one to your apartment and choose from a variety of locking options. I suggest household only, but remember that you’ll have to unlock/lock again for any invited guests.
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Sims with certain traits have a habit of coming over uninvited - IIRC, the traits are Goofball, Erratic, and/or isWeirdo (I don’t remember exactly which). You can use cheats or mods to take away these traits, or just find them in household management and change their traits in CAS (except for isWeirdo, since that’s a hidden NPC trait that can only be seen or removed using cheats/mods).
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Welcome to San Myshuno.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Kill them.
    Although imprisoned sims seem to be unable to starve to death now, so last time it happened I resorted to the "kill sim" function in MCCC.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    ugh, I was thinking of starting a new family in San Myshuno and was reminded of this annoyance. I think I'll stick with Oasis Springs. It's the most annoying feature ever. My sim will introduce themselves to a neighbor and then will walk in at 3:00 IN THE MORNING to use their computer.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There are a million annoying features in san myshuno, like people coming to knock on your door every time you cook something, or because they are bored. I had people at my door night and day.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You really have no privacy in the city!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    This is something I think the developers need to address. I mean, seriously, where in the world to people just go barging into total strangers apartments? Even family & friends entering without permission is unacceptable to many. Where I live, that's called breaking & entering, and it seldom ends well for the person doing it.

Meanwhile, I've long since learned to lock doors in the game.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    This is something I think the developers need to address. I mean, seriously, where in the world to people just go barging into total strangers apartments? Even family & friends entering without permission is unacceptable to many. Where I live, that's called breaking & entering, and it seldom ends well for the person doing it.

Meanwhile, I've long since learned to lock doors in the game.

It wouldn't be so bad if the lock system wasn't so bizarre. There's the whole emphasis in CL on giving keys, but if you lock the doors.. it keeps out the sims who have a key. Because apparently it never occurred to the developers that keys and locks are actually related. :/ So sims can't lock out uninvited neighbors without also locking out their best friend who legitimately has a key and permission to be there.