Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newest patch hinting at beach world?

124...Next

Comments

• EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    vikixc wrote: »

There isn't much to mock imo :)

I have travelled abroad alot and whilst it was nice, New Quay will always be my favourite place to go on holiday. I think The Sims team would do well to make some UK styled beaches, everyone thinks we're a dreary rainy place with nothing to offer and they couldn't be further from the truth.

They could even make a seaside town full of amusement arcades and a pier. It'd be so cool and different to what we usually get.

The idea of someone mocking a beach made me chuckle :lol:

I agree it would be really nice to have both: a small residential town with a beach with lush landscapes, and a touristic beach strip with hotel/apartments towers and restaurants (Rio style).

Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2018
    How about a Los Angeles based world? We have San Myshuno but that's more like San Francisco. Los Angeles type would be good for a superstar EP. You could sell maps for a living!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Actually it does not matter what is in a patch seeing free content devs never has anything to do with the making of the packs. They are their own team.

It would in fact be the same issue people make of an sp being made for an ep and seems rather unwelcomed in many areas of the Simmers that play the game. I find it odd when My First Pet was put down for being made and including some content in that pack for the Cats and Dog pack - yet the Caribbean Free content is considered a go with hint for a beach world? That is conflicting logic in my view. Either people want dlc for other dlc - or they don't.

Never mind the fact it was stated the Caribbean was akin to the cultural free content like the Diwali free content was. Which to me has nothing to do with a beach - but the people of the Caribbean. So if one should expect a beach world - then we should have also expected a world from India perhaps as well. Shouldn't we?

Don't get me wrong I would love a Beach world - tropical Island or non-tropical island anywhere known for it's wonderful beaches and water activities for a Sims vacation as much as anyone. Hawaii or Riviera and so many others spins to mind. Lord know our Earth has some amazing and beautiful beaches all over this planet and I for one would be thrilled with any one - I just can't see every bit of free cultural content being a hint of a pack - but perhaps it should be viewed simply as a wonderful stand alone bonus to help us know a little more about each other - after all Simmers - we all come from everywhere on this planet and it should be embraced for that - and enjoyed for what it is as offered.

I would love to get more cultural free mini packs like that - as I would love to know more about the places and people who also love these Sims games just like I do. Also not unusual those of us here that are from the States - the majority of us are not American Indian - so therefore we all have our ancestry in many, many other countries - perhaps we will learn a little about our own histories and cultures as well that our own ancesters live.

Just a thought - or in my case a bunch of thoughts I wanted to share.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Why not have a set of greek islands? They have nice beaches

andros.jpg
    crete-elafonisi-new.gif
    rewrite_greek-isles-3.jpg
    oceanview.jpg?resize=591%2C331&ssl=1

A world with 3 islands, nice beaches, sailing boats, a cruise ship... and not tropical at all. :)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif