Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does that mean a new tropical vacation game pack is coming?

2...Next

Comments

• BleepbloopBleepbloop Posts: 11 New Member
    I wonder if Jungle Adventures and some kind of tropical vacation pack were going to be one pack at one point, but they needed to split it up into different packs because of issues or something? I’ve been thinking some kind of Island Paradise type pack is coming after beaches were mentioned in recent objects, updates, and in-game text, and the stuff the most recent patch provided just adds to it.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Jungle Adventures was obviously based on the jungles of South America, not an island beach. Hopefully, a beach would be based on some island, like Hawaii or the Caribbean.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Jungle Adventures was obviously based on the jungles of South America, not an island beach. Hopefully, a beach would be based on some island, like Hawaii or the Caribbean.

Why not Penzance?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    How about some music?

Reggae
    A radio station that has been returned after Bon Voyage, it'll have Rocky Dawuni or whoever the reggae musician will sing in simlish.
    Beach Life
    A radio station that has been returned after House Party, it'll have new tracks and beach songs from The Sims House Party.

Dont forget steele drum music.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Jungle Adventure is the "tropical vacation" pack.

If you mean a beach pack, that still might be coming eventually, but I don't think this update is intended as a hint. It's just... some extra stuff.

We re referring to a tropical beach vacation world.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    How about some music?

Reggae
    A radio station that has been returned after Bon Voyage, it'll have Rocky Dawuni or whoever the reggae musician will sing in simlish.
    Beach Life
    A radio station that has been returned after House Party, it'll have new tracks and beach songs from The Sims House Party.

Dont forget steele drum music.
    Same thing as Beach Life
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not really as they talked about the festivals that go on in the Caribbeans now - and the new stuff looks very correct for those. I have family that go to the Caribbeans every year for these festivals - so to me it makes sense, as this is when they start happening. LOL.

I grew up in Jamaica and pretty sure carnival happens around Easter time but I'm not sure and idk if it happens at different times in different countries. But Caribana in Toronto, Canada happens in the summer so idk.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Jungle Adventure is a tropical world. As for the beach world, what does it really have to offer that we don't have. Everyone complains about having nothing to do in Granite Falls but there isn't anything to do on the beach either.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not really as they talked about the festivals that go on in the Caribbeans now - and the new stuff looks very correct for those. I have family that go to the Caribbeans every year for these festivals - so to me it makes sense, as this is when they start happening. LOL.

I grew up in Jamaica and pretty sure carnival happens around Easter time but I'm not sure and idk if it happens at different times in different countries. But Caribana in Toronto, Canada happens in the summer so idk.

They have them for all kinds of occasions from Feb through October. The one my family members has attended in the Caribbeans is between late July through August, it's on of their Summerfests.. Many of the Island cultures celebrate these event as well as many countries also celebrate them. Like Mardi Gra in Louisiana is around Easter as well.

The one you mentioned starts at Lent and actually began in Italy - but yes most of the Islands Celebrate the Meatless Festival, along with all the others ones through out the year.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Jungle Adventure is a tropical world. As for the beach world, what does it really have to offer that we don't have. Everyone complains about having nothing to do in Granite Falls but there isn't anything to do on the beach either.

Beach activities,swimming in the ocean,scuba diving and resorts. I could go on and on. Also a Beach World would give us the opportunity to place some Seafood Restuarents there.
  • LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    I would love a carribean EP, it would defenatly add more to the game! It would be som awsome if it would add scuba diving, and there could be a lot under water with ruins or a ship wreck that we could build ourselves and the sims could explore it and find tresures!