Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does that mean a new tropical vacation game pack is coming?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I really hope so. Making island inspired clothing without coming out with an island inspired pack would be kind of weird and out of place, IMO
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Not really as they talked about the festivals that go on in the Caribbeans now - and the new stuff looks very correct for those. I have family that go to the Caribbeans every year for these festivals - so to me it makes sense, as this is when they start happening. LOL.

Not saying I wouldn't love a Caribbean vacation either - at least in game seeing I couldn't go for one in real life. I get to just enjoy pictures and videos of the ones my family takes - sigh & sob.... If we ever get them I can live vicariously through my Sims - as I do most things these days.

So hopeful it could be a future pack for sure.

ETA -Keep in mind you do not have to go to the Islands to enjoy the Caribbean festivals and Carnivals nowadays - as many states and Countries also hold their own - especially in the USA...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Either that, or it’s a nod to the Afro Caribbean community. I’ve seen quite a lot of complainants that the game has lacked ethnic CAS content.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Insterestenly enough this Caribbean set could work with the coastal items we got in Cats and Dogs. Eg the lighthouse tablelamp and pictures.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    If they do most likely be in the game pack like the outdoor retreats or Jungle adventures.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited August 2018
    It could be, but it also may be that the Gurus wanted to add some more curly hairstyles since many of us have asked for it and we don't have many in the base game.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not really as they talked about the festivals that go on in the Caribbeans now - and the new stuff looks very correct for those. I have family that go to the Caribbeans every year for these festivals - so to me it makes sense, as this is when they start happening. LOL.

So there actually is something called carnival that happens this time of year? I was only aware of the usual one that occurs right before lent..
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm never one to take everything as a hint to something in a game, but even if it was true, it's way too early for yet another vacation destination. We're due for another occult honestly.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    It would sure be nice if it was a vacation hint!
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    I hope not. I would like to see the Caribbean get represented as so much more than just another tourist attraction.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They added a surfing santa, sandman and thong lights, but no rusty holden ute, nor six white boomers.
    Just because they throw in a few themed items, doesn't mean they're going to build a whole pack around them.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    They added a surfing santa, sandman and thong lights, but no rusty holden ute, nor six white boomers.
    Just because they throw in a few themed items, doesn't mean they're going to build a whole pack around them.

Has there ever been a time when they did?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    That thought crossed my mind too. And I hope so!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The new hairstyles, clothing, sliding doors, ceiling fan, and furniture are all quite cute, but the only bug fix in this update was to get rid of the blurry screenshots. Disappointing, I must say. I am not slamming the addition of more ethnic assets. Those are always welcome. But most of us are waiting on fixes for the bugs and glitches. I have seven mods in my game right now that are there for the express purpose of fixing some glitches I have been experiencing since Seasons was released. I love the Seasons EP and I would like to clear these seven mods out to make room for one or two others that would add actual gameplay to my game. I'd like to be able to have my Sims live on the same lot as their business for instance. I am very interested in trying that one. But I made a promise to keep my in-game mods at twenty and the fix I found for the leaf piles is actually two mods that work together.

As far as the Caribbean style being a nod to a future destination/vacation pack coming out, who knows? I think that would be fabulous. But it could also mean there is a new festival type in San Myshuno coming in a future update or game pack. I would love to have Caribbean music in the game to go along with some beachy-style gameplay. Jungle Adventures is considered a vacation destination but it is rather limited to finding treasure, leveling up in the new careers and avoiding killing your Sims while exploring. The snakes, spiders and other assorted creepy crawlies in the jungle kinda give me the heebie-jeebies so I spend very little time there with my Sims. I don't believe I have taken more than one Sim on a treasure hunting expedition. Give the game sand and surf, sandcastles and swimming in the ocean and I'd be a happy lady.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe it's instead of a beach pack.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Maybe they do have something coming upit could be more Caribbean stuff or another pack I can't wait.
  • Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    I've been doing my best to read between the lines of new content descriptions along with guru tweets. I think that we can almost certainly bet that there is an expansion coming with a winter resort world (hopefully including things such as skiing, snowboarding, *hot chocolate*) etc. Whether or not this would be a game pack or proper expansion I am not sure. But I do believe I have found hints that it could also sport a beach themed resort world as well. Therefore, differentiating from outdoor retreat and jungle adventure in the sense that they are "adventure type" worlds, and this ep would be more about relaxing aka perhaps "Sims 4 Resort Life" or something of the sort. This would make the most sense, and therefore I would heavily expect it to include two worlds, an alpine resort, and a tropical resort." Just my thoughts on it, from info I have gathered.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've been doing my best to read between the lines of new content descriptions along with guru tweets. I think that we can almost certainly bet that there is an expansion coming with a winter resort world (hopefully including things such as skiing, snowboarding, *hot chocolate*) etc. Whether or not this would be a game pack or proper expansion I am not sure. But I do believe I have found hints that it could also sport a beach themed resort world as well. Therefore, differentiating from outdoor retreat and jungle adventure in the sense that they are "adventure type" worlds, and this ep would be more about relaxing aka perhaps "Sims 4 Resort Life" or something of the sort. This would make the most sense, and therefore I would heavily expect it to include two worlds, an alpine resort, and a tropical resort." Just my thoughts on it, from info I have gathered.

On what random words do you base a WINTER RESORT pack?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Has there ever been a time when they did?
    Toddlers? They got a stuff pack.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    I'm never one to take everything as a hint to something in a game, but even if it was true, it's way too early for yet another vacation destination. We're due for another occult honestly.

I don't think it is too early to release another vacation pack. A Beach Vacation could add things to the game that are missing from Seasons like lounge chairs,sun tan/burn,beach activities and more.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

On what random words do you base a WINTER RESORT pack?

Well that's possible since we have Seasons and it would let people who don't have Seasons enjoy snow activities. An alp world could use the snow terrain on the ground for people who don't have Seasons. If you do it could snow there. I'd personally love a pack like this. Sims 1 had a winter vacation.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    And what's to prevent them from making the tropic/mountain vacations (if they actually do them) dependent on already having the Seasons pack installed?
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    How about some music?

Reggae
    A radio station that has been returned after Bon Voyage, it'll have Rocky Dawuni or whoever the reggae musician will sing in simlish.
    Beach Life
    A radio station that has been returned after House Party, it'll have new tracks and beach songs from The Sims House Party.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    And what's to prevent them from making the tropic/mountain vacations (if they actually do them) dependent on already having the Seasons pack installed?

I think the MFP backlash showed them what happens when they do this. Although knowing EA....

If they ever make a winter destination pack, I hope it has some rudimentary winter features so that it stands on its own, but Seasons enhances it. As a bonus, it gives non-Seasons owners a taste and it might convince them to get the pack ;)

Just imagine though: Winter* Fun Game Pack

*Winter sold separately

:joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Jungle Adventure is the "tropical vacation" pack.

If you mean a beach pack, that still might be coming eventually, but I don't think this update is intended as a hint. It's just... some extra stuff.
    wJbomAo.png