Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug or Normal?

Is it normal that when the weather is rainy, heavy rain or thundershowers that sims prefer to go eat outside??? They do this, then get the uncomfortable moodlet from getting wet or almost getting struck by lightning... Just wondering if this is a bug or if it's normal..

If it's possible, would there be any way to make them prefer to eat indoors during certain types of weather (ex: rain/heavyrain, thundershowers, snow/snowstorms)???

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i think it's normal...in a way. sims usually go to the nearest place to them where they can sit to eat (or nearest place with a place setting, if there are place settings). 'nearest place' is 'as the crow flies'. they don't care if there's a huge maze to get to it, but it's right on the other side of that wall (and outside), so it's where they want to sit
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I'm thinking of just putting the outside tables in the inventory to discourage them using it in bad weather. And the waterslide. Got one family that keeps running to the waterslide even if it's a cold, rainy day.
    image.png
  • Duke_DarkwoodDuke_Darkwood Posts: 59 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    sims usually go to the nearest place to them where they can sit to eat (or nearest place with a place setting, if there are place settings). 'nearest place' is 'as the crow flies'. they don't care if there's a huge maze to get to it, but it's right on the other side of that wall (and outside), so it's where they want to sit

This explains so much why sims in one of my households will take the long way around to the back porch instead of going to the dining room adjacent to the kitchen (the picnic table for relaxing is spacially closer than the dining table).
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Hmph! Mine ignore the 'nearest place' (the kitchen table, two squares from the fridge). When I queue them up to 'eat leftovers', I always designate one of the kitchen chairs, but they immediately try to sit somewhere else in the house before getting up and sitting where I've told them to sit.

Most Sims seem to want to eat where there are other Sims, but I think 'Loner' Sims will purposely avoid the table where a Sim is already sitting to eat alone. Chair quality also might come into play - I think they sometimes choose a more comfortable chair (say, a reading chair) if the dining chairs don't have a high comfort rating. I've even had Sims crouch in front of the refrigerator to eat, rather than sit at the table. (No idea about that - they weren't starving, and the chairs at the table weren't that bad.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    They are not so smart, are they? :neutral:

Once this happened and I really thought my sim was silly, I found out that there was a balcony on 2nd floor, giving shelter to where the outdoor dining table was located. So my sim was actually stayed dry when it was raining. A shelter like this should not affect any temperature effects, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd take those outside tables in too.. especially if the chairs are comfy. They will start eating then want to run in to get out of the weather. Better to plan ahead..
    egTcBMc.png
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but another question on seasons rain. I have changed my Season for fall, and spring for rain only, no thunderstorms or lightning. I am still getting them...is that the way it's supposed to go? If it is why change it?
  • valexxtinavalexxtina Posts: 66 Member
    My sims do this too, so I locked the door for the garden where there's a dining table.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but another question on seasons rain. I have changed my Season for fall, and spring for rain only, no thunderstorms or lightning. I am still getting them...is that the way it's supposed to go? If it is why change it?

1) Those Seasons settings are universal for your entire save, so it will also remove thunder/lightning storms from all the other seasons.

2) Did you make sure to click 'Apply Changes' to make sure you actually saved those settings?

3) Have you tried just patiently waiting for the weather to switch out after the end of the day, or even week? Perhaps the change doesn't work retroactively and will only generate weather with no thunder/lightning on new forecasts.

Just some things to help you out :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    @paradiseplanet Thanks for the tips, I'll try some of them!