Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lotto?

So I was told in seasons your sim can do the lotto but I haven't seen any notice to my sim to buy a ticket or anything. I heard its a random chance to show up for a holiday. But is it random or offered every season? I'm just very confused on how the lotto shows up so I can use my sims phone to order a ticket. Help?

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You must wait for Lottery Day to appear in the calendar. It's not very regular (it spawned twice in a sim year for me). Only then, on that day, can you buy a ticket.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Funnily enough, it just came up in my game. Good luck, Jon Arryn. I'll need to watch the notifications careful to see who wins.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited August 2018
    Is there a way to find out who won? My current household definitely did not win but I'm curious whether someone else did.

Edit - never mind, it came up in the notifications as one of the homeless NPCs.
  • mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    Is there a way to find out who won? My current household definitely did not win but I'm curious whether someone else did.

Edit - never mind, it came up in the notifications as one of the homeless NPCs.

I'm sorry your sims didn't win but I'm laughing cause homeless Sim XD
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I am so glad my sim won a million simoleons!. He is working in the culinary career and had only 4000 in household funds.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    I wish the lottery could have been a steady event, more like annual (or seasonal, if playing long seasons). I've played about 4 full years (7 says per season), and never saw any lottery. Would be more fun if my sims could look forwad to it in the sense of knowing for sure it would appear...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I wish that my Sims could win it. In one of my saved games, Bob won 1 million... :# And wonder if he's going to quit his job? It will be nice if there's a story progression.. Would like to see the reaction of the other premades household and townies..
    OID:- x4m1r4
    I checked the homeless sim's details and he still has the money in his household "account." He's obviously living it up somewhere offscreen. :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wish the lottery could have been a steady event, more like annual (or seasonal, if playing long seasons). I've played about 4 full years (7 says per season), and never saw any lottery. Would be more fun if my sims could look forwad to it in the sense of knowing for sure it would appear...

@Simmerville I play 28-day seasons and have had the lottery twice in 2 years.