Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the styled looks in CAS?

Comments

• Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    If I'm rushing
    I love to use them for my townies - saves so much time! I prefer to use CC for my playables though.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    Occasionally I do.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    If I'm rushing
    Rarely... usually I forget it's a feature. I honestly only remembered it was a thing recently.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No
    Styled looks is such a missed opportunity IMO. I would use them if we could save our own looks to use again, but I am not a fan of what was provided by Maxis. This feature could have been REALLY cool, and would have integrated perfectly into the gallery.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    No
    No but only because I forget it’s an option.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    I like most of them, and I'm not always up to creating a new outfit, so yeah, I use them from time to time.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes
    For townies and descendants.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yes
    I'll use it to dress most townies if I'm uncreative.

And sometimes with my own sims. I'll also use the styled look and change maybe a few things (top or a bottom or perhaps, shoes etc) for a slightly different look so everyone isn't walking around wearing the same thing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    I find them handy for fixing random townies who have questionable fashion sense at best without spending all of my play time in CAS.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes
    I use them a lot when filling up my neighborhoods. I also wish we could save our own outfits.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes
    Yeah. Wish there was an option to create original saved looks though.

Same. I've made outfits several times that I loved & wished I could have saved, but by now I've forgotten what they were. :#
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yes
    I use them ALL the time. I wish there was a feature where we can upload our own to the gallery or something.

The only thing that annoys me are the random accessories added to the outfits. Some of them look so out of character for my Sims lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes
    I use them as a base a lot and then change various bits, like shoes etc. It saves a lot of time when making a large family.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Never..I like to create my own looks
    I've never used any of them, but they have started to look appealing when I'm giving premades/townies makeovers or are too lazy to do makeup properly.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes
    I love the Styled Looks feature... I really wish we had to option to create/save our own styled looks too! :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    I'll use them as a base then go in and change out some of the individual pieces, like the top color or a different bottom. And I add accessories like glasses and jewelry where needed. I've been using the Randomizer tool more, but sometimes I just can't get a good combo without the outfit looking ridiculous so that's when I go with the styled looks. And I have a few that I do like to use quite a bit -- there's one called the Snazzy Suit that's in the Formal category for men but I use it in the Everyday for dudes in the Business or Political careers (they don't tend to get dressed down as much).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    I use them for Townies who have fallen victim to the randomizer's horrid fashion sense. I wish the random outfits for Townies was chosen from the styled looks, or looks we create and save too.

For my own Sims, I like to create their outfits myself. But sometimes I'll use the styled looks as a starting point and tweak it. I don't do that very often though because I dislike how the styled looks change my Sims make-up and add glasses when my Sims don't wear any. I'd like the styled looks much better if the outfits were just outfits, no change in make-up.

Or perhaps it would be better if we had a styled make-up looks button we could use to choose separate from the outfits. I'd love that! :)
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    No
    Nah. I hate that if I just want the clothes but not the makeup, it goes right over what I just put on my sims.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    If I'm rushing
    I use them if I'm rushing for sims I just create to be townies or sometimes for babies ageing up to toddlers or toddlers ageing up to kids.
    It is very useful for large families, specially the minor/less used categories. Kids and toddlers grow quickly and do not really get to use the party outfits, or the fancy one, or the atheltic wear. So I just use one of the Styled looks and maybe change an item or two.

I would love to be able to save my own styled looks somehow.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    No
    After reading the comments on this thread, I went into Household Management and gave a whole lot of my townies makeovers using the Styled Looks feature. It was great - a definite timesaver and, although I don't necessarily like all the looks, they often combine clothes and accessories in a way that I would not think of doing myself, so they add something fresh to the game. Now that I have discovered the value of this feature, I will definitely be using it more often. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited August 2018
    No
    I forget they exist most of the time. I like dressing up Sims though, so I wouldn't use them regardless.

I wish we could save our own styled looks, because I'd use that feature.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    Nope, tried them and didn't like what Maxis picked out. Usually giving them hats and sunglasses for party wear to clubs. Nope. Horrible shoes with a nice outfit etc. Sorry, the game's taste just didn't fit mine. Even the kids had to wear those sunglasses at night.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Yes
    I do!

They usually help me find my sims "look" and sometimes I let them keep the whole outfit but usually I change bits and pieces or even do different colors.