Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Career Paths would you like to see in the game?

Personally. I would love to see some jobs that put like skills to use. Professional ice skater. Professional DJ. Singer. I wish “signing autographs” was a way to earn money still, as a famous sim job. I think we need more job options. And these be actual rabbit hole jobs. Not, own a vet, own a restaurant, job. Bartender. Some of these could even just be part time jobs. Uber driver. Jobs for elderly people. Librarian. More jobs please. Olympics maybe?

Also just added bonus cause it’s considered a “career path” I love the scout ability for kids and teens. We need more things like that too. Joining the football team, or cheerleading team. Joining the science club. Joining swim team.

What would you like to see?

Comments

• KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I haven’t finished all the rabbit hole jobs we do have because they just don’t interest me :p
    I’d prefer hands on jobs- or maybe if they bring out more like the few that have the option to work from home or go in so every kind of simmer can enjoy :)

I do love your idea about more after school activities though <3
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    KatieSim wrote: »
    I haven’t finished all the rabbit hole jobs we do have because they just don’t interest me :p
    I’d prefer hands on jobs- or maybe if they bring out more like the few that have the option to work from home or go in so every kind of simmer can enjoy :)

I do love your idea about more after school activities though <3

Really? i actually hate going to work with my sims because it takes up so much story telling time to me. But my stories tend to revolve around their home life, and the job is part of their back story more than the actual story.

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd like to see the return of a few careers from earlier versions. Like the Education career, I have a few Sims that would be great teachers or professors. It would nice to have the Architect career & Military career back too.
    You have a point :) it does take up a huge chunk out of the day but when I give them a playable career that usually is the story

But when I said hands on I had at home jobs in mind- like writing, painting, gardening, bee keeping, city living careers :)
    KatieSim wrote: »
    You have a point :) it does take up a huge chunk out of the day but when I give them a playable career that usually is the story

But when I said hands on I had at home jobs in mind- like writing, painting, gardening, bee keeping, city living careers :)

Oh yes! See I have a sim doing the social media career, but I never have her work from home really.. but!! She is also a comedy writer, because she has a playful trait, which goes well with social media, she writes comedy books and does stand up comedy, so she’s like a “famous comedian”. And that’s her back story. And her career plays well into her story. Cause she can “announce appearances” and then she does her stand up in a lounge or whatever, and it all just meshes well. But I would love more career paths to be able to mesh like that.

That's brilliant!! I love that there's so many tiny things that can completely change a sims story!
    So if you could have any career that would mesh into your story what would it be?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Education and Daycare.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Self Employed.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I would also like to see careers that utilizes skills better, especially self employed with painting, writing, fishing and so on. I absolutely loved the active careers in TS3: Architectural designer. Would be awesome to play as a sim being hired to work on townie houses. Maybe even include some fixer upper houses? And of course fire fighter, if they are ever included or needed. Didn't really try the others that came with Ambitions.

Military has been a part of sims since the beginning. Also: Education, Fashion, Law...there are so many I feel are missing now.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Military, firefighters, law, education.

And this one's dark but I think gravekeeper/funeral would fit perfectly with Forgotten Hollow so my vampires can have a spooky career (I can't find a good job for my vamps; it feels silly to me to have my super scary master vampire be something like a businessman LOL)
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
    Fashion designer would be fun. Make it where each promotion you unlock a clothing option.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I would like to see a tourism career, which sims are able to work as tour guides, and can be seen in Outdoor Retreats or any further vacation packs.

Also, a nurse career would be a nice element to be added in Get To Work and work in the hospital. They may take care of the patients' needs, as well as take care of the babies.

An interior designer/architecture career is a nice touch where each of the promotions unlock a new feature in build mode or a new object.
  • simslanitsimslanit Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see careers like teacher, nurse, dancer, ice skater, architect and just more like "normal" careers.

It would be cool to me that when your skill (singing, dancing etc) is high enough you would have the option to make a career up on that skill.
  • ViotoliViotoli Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm hoping for a construction job that branches off into an architect or a job in utilities. Would be cool to have lower utility bills as a career reward or the ability to sell off blueprints with the painting skill. Painting at the moment is kinda a one-trick pony with only being able to sell canvased paintings and creating murals. I was thinking using handiness for the initial construction grunt levels and then have the career branch off after construction foreman. Now some of this might not work, but I'm just throwing ideas out there and maybe someone can piece them together better than I can. Haha
    I would love a money type career. One that maybe starts out with bank teller, and goes up the bank branch, where you can do loans and stuff.

Or maybe a wall street style career, with stocks. And maybe that one is a GTW style with you choose to buy or sell, and depending on your style, your sim makes bank or goes bankrupt.

• Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Hmm that's a hard one because there's so many cool one's already in the game uh teacher,hotel worker(i forgot what their called), bus driver, daycare worker(like a teacher but with toddlers)
    , oh! summer camp consular
    Corgis4life
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Shinzen wrote: »
    Military, firefighters, law, education.

And this one's dark but I think gravekeeper/funeral would fit perfectly with Forgotten Hollow so my vampires can have a spooky career (I can't find a good job for my vamps; it feels silly to me to have my super scary master vampire be something like a businessman LOL)

Mortician or medical examiner (person who does the autopsy)
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    I miss the Daycare and Education careers badly and still holding hope for one or both of them come back soon!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)