Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Believe me when I tell you that just because someone is your biological parent, doesn't mean they are mum or dad. The person that takes care of you and raises you is. I will say that I have several adopted cousins. My cousins their parents, couldn't have children. They saw no difference, felt no difference, and loved them like their own. Love is not always in blood, it's comes from the heart. It's sad that Elaine treats Amelia this way. She should be ashamed of herself. Amelia didn't ask to be adopted by Elaine. Elaine decided to adopt Amelia and bring her into her life and family. I sure would like to give her some motherly advice for sure. Better yet, Amelia could live with me until Elaine gets her act together. If she ever does......

So true. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up for Elaine...

Probably not and I'm not going to hold my breath either on that one. You would totally love Amelia as a sister. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @mamasquirrel well Cousin Erin is only my half/adopted cousin because she doesn't share (Mom's blood) with Mom's family since she's my Aunt D's child from a previous marriage but my Uncle J adopted her on marriage to Aunt D. So that as far as I know Uncle J is more a Dad to her then her actual Dad (who initials apparently are same) and my Paternal grandma was the only Mom my Dad's half-brother and half-sister knew because their real Mom didn't want anything to do with them-not even as adults (not to mention my Aunt and Uncle were really, really young when Grandpa married her)

@MadameLee Interesting! I'm no genealogy expert so this is a little confusing to me... but cool.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    Believe me when I tell you that just because someone is your biological parent, doesn't mean they are mum or dad. The person that takes care of you and raises you is. I will say that I have several adopted cousins. My cousins their parents, couldn't have children. They saw no difference, felt no difference, and loved them like their own. Love is not always in blood, it's comes from the heart. It's sad that Elaine treats Amelia this way. She should be ashamed of herself. Amelia didn't ask to be adopted by Elaine. Elaine decided to adopt Amelia and bring her into her life and family. I sure would like to give her some motherly advice for sure. Better yet, Amelia could live with me until Elaine gets her act together. If she ever does......

Probably not and I'm not going to hold my breath either on that one. You would totally love Amelia as a sister. :)

I would but I also wouldn't... I'd hate to have to fight my own sister for Onyx. ;)
    37oYgl3.png

I would but I also wouldn't... I'd hate to have to fight my own sister for Onyx. ;)
    37oYgl3.png
    @mamasquirrel well Cousin Erin is only my half/adopted cousin because she doesn't share (Mom's blood) with Mom's family since she's my Aunt D's child from a previous marriage but my Uncle J adopted her on marriage to Aunt D. So that as far as I know Uncle J is more a Dad to her then her actual Dad (who initials apparently are same) and my Paternal grandma was the only Mom my Dad's half-brother and half-sister knew because their real Mom didn't want anything to do with them-not even as adults (not to mention my Aunt and Uncle were really, really young when Grandpa married her)

It's wonderful if you can have 2 parents that love each other and their children. We all want that I believe and would be ideal. However, that is not what we always get. There are different kinds of love and it can come in many forms. I have a feeling though that Amelia regardless of Elaine's stupidity, will turn out just fine.
    yXW40Hz.png?1

How do I even respond to this with just a couple of hours of sleep.......Yeah, see I don't think that's going to workout well for one of you......Do I need to call the Dr. for you in advance. Have them on standby? :D
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

@MadameLee Interesting! I'm no genealogy expert so this is a little confusing to me... but cool.

Aunt D-has an ex husband. With that Ex- she had my Cousin Erin. Aunt D met Uncle J when Cousin Erin was around 6 years old. A couple of years later (don't know when) Uncle J married Aunt D and adopted Cousin Erin.

My Paternal Grandpa (died when I was almost 9) had an ex-wife. With that ex-wife he had My Aunt C and my Uncle (?) but after he divorced her he met my Paternal grandma (who died when I was close to 18) and when Grandpa married her my Aunt C and Uncle (?) was either toddlers or at least 4/5 years old and then the grandparents had my Dad and much later my Aunt L.
    6adMCGP.gif

How do I even respond to this with just a couple of hours of sleep.......Yeah, see I don't think that's going to workout well for one of you......Do I need to call the Dr. for you in advance. Have them on standby? :D

Oh don't worry about me... out of the pure power of determination I'd easily beat her. Onyx will be mine... all mine!!! *evil laughter*
    37oYgl3.png

Aunt D-has an ex husband. With that Ex- she had my Cousin Erin. Aunt D met Uncle J when Cousin Erin was around 6 years old. A couple of years later (don't know when) Uncle J married Aunt D and adopted Cousin Erin.

My Paternal Grandpa (died when I was almost 9) had an ex-wife. With that ex-wife he had My Aunt C and my Uncle (?) but after he divorced her he met my Paternal grandma (who died when I was close to 18) and when Grandpa married her my Aunt C and Uncle (?) was either toddlers or at least 4/5 years old and then the grandparents had my Dad and much later my Aunt L.

Okay, I think I get it now! My brain doesn't want to process complex information today. :lol:
    37oYgl3.png

Okay, I think I get it now! My brain doesn't want to process complex information today. :lol:
    37oYgl3.png

Oh don't worry about me... out of the pure power of determination I'd easily beat her. Onyx will be mine... all mine!!! *evil laughter*

Nope....you so can't do the evil laughter thing...don't even try. That is wonderful to be determined and not give up on things, but you are going to get no where with that one. We both know this already.
    yXW40Hz.png?1

Nope....you so can't do the evil laughter thing...don't even try. That is wonderful to be determined and not give up on things, but you are going to get no where with that one. We both know this already.

Yeah I know :neutral: But a girl can dream...
    37oYgl3.png

Yeah I know :neutral: But a girl can dream...

Nothing wrong with having dreams. Looks to me, that you are about to have a few now....have a nice cat nap. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Time for the next Nightshade update! This one is fashionably late... but here it is! Chapter 22!
    37oYgl3.png
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Time for the next Nightshade update! This one is fashionably late... but here it is! Chapter 22!

I liked it! I loved the school backgrounds. <3
    edited October 2018
    15aewar wrote: »

I liked it! I loved the school backgrounds. <3

@15aewar Thank you! <3 I worked really hard on improving my school this time around... it was so empty for their childhood days, so I spruced it up.
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup Awesome job! :o Alexander! Can't wait to see what happens next. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @squirrelwithacup Awesome job! :o Alexander! Can't wait to see what happens next. :)

@mamasquirrel Alexander is being just slightly naughty... :p
    37oYgl3.png

@squirrelwithacup I see that. :D
    yXW40Hz.png?1

He has no regrets. Yet. :p
    37oYgl3.png

@squirrelwithacup Has he ever? Alexander is a stinker and we both know it. :D
    yXW40Hz.png?1

Yes he is. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png

37oYgl3.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Woo...that Alexander...I second the comment on the screenshots of the high school background.

:D
    yXW40Hz.png?1