The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Time for the next Nightshade update! Read it here! :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    ahhh so cute! "That was nice." sounds like something I'd say tbh :D
    afai1261 wrote: »
    ahhh so cute! "That was nice." sounds like something I'd say tbh :D

@afai1261 Thank you! <3 And same here. I think we can all relate to slightly awkward Amelia. :lol:
    37oYgl3.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Awh.... Mush... wonderful, lovely mush...! :heart:
    Awh.... Mush... wonderful, lovely mush...! :heart:

@TheAemaSimming Amelyx is the best kind of mush. <3 And I promise you... there will be more mush to come! :lol:
    37oYgl3.png
    And here it is... the next update for Nightshade, chapter 21! Read it here!
    37oYgl3.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited October 2018
    omg what the actual ---- Elaine

kill her with fire
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    really good
    6adMCGP.gif
    A wonderful update. Most definitely never a disappointment to see am update. I love the insight into the parental relationship.
    afai1261 wrote: »
    omg what the actual ---- Elaine

kill her with fire

@afai1261 no one's going to be sad when Elaine is a little old lady and dies
    37oYgl3.png
    MadameLee wrote: »
    really good

Thank you @MadameLee! :)
    37oYgl3.png
    A wonderful update. Most definitely never a disappointment to see am update. I love the insight into the parental relationship.

@TheAemaSimming I felt like we needed some of that parental insight... but also other things. There were three things I wanted to convey in this chapter

Actually this is a statement to everyone here even though I'm quoting Aema, read it anyway if you're interested in my rambling about my own writing :lol:

1. Elaine (as the title says) obviously plays favorites and favors Alexander, holding him to the highest regard and expectation... but just like anyone else, Alexander is a human being and sometimes he DOESN'T succeed, sometimes he DOES fail, but he can't allow himself to because he knows that if he does... well, we've all seen what Elaine's like when she's angry.

2. As Elaine plays favorites she encourages Alexander and reprimands Amelia, but the truth is, as stated in the chapter, Elaine is jealous of Amelia's artistic talent and won't let someone like Amelia, who is in her brain apparently the most awful human being on the planet, be better and more successful than her... so she figures by constantly discouraging her she'll get her to give up.

3. Amelia and Alexander's relationship. I felt like they don't get enough screentime together. They're very close and I wanted to convey that more in this chapter. Alexander loves his little sister more than anything in the whole world except maybe hot girls and himself and he's going to encourage and support her no matter what -- and Amelia knows she can always confide in him. Plus, with some upcoming chapters I can't spoil... I needed to let you guys know that Alexander does love his sister and deep down... he's a great person even though he's the third wheel. :lol:
    37oYgl3.png

@TheAemaSimming I felt like we needed some of that parental insight... but also other things. There were three things I wanted to convey in this chapter

Actually this is a statement to everyone here even though I'm quoting Aema, read it anyway if you're interested in my rambling about my own writing :lol:

1. Elaine (as the title says) obviously plays favorites and favors Alexander, holding him to the highest regard and expectation... but just like anyone else, Alexander is a human being and sometimes he DOESN'T succeed, sometimes he DOES fail, but he can't allow himself to because he knows that if he does... well, we've all seen what Elaine's like when she's angry.

2. As Elaine plays favorites she encourages Alexander and reprimands Amelia, but the truth is, as stated in the chapter, Elaine is jealous of Amelia's artistic talent and won't let someone like Amelia, who is in her brain apparently the most awful human being on the planet, be better and more successful than her... so she figures by constantly discouraging her she'll get her to give up.

3. Amelia and Alexander's relationship. I felt like they don't get enough screentime together. They're very close and I wanted to convey that more in this chapter. Alexander loves his little sister more than anything in the whole world except maybe hot girls and himself and he's going to encourage and support her no matter what -- and Amelia knows she can always confide in him. Plus, with some upcoming chapters I can't spoil... I needed to let you guys know that Alexander does love his sister and deep down... he's a great person even though he's the third wheel. :lol:

I think you did a great job conveying that. Looking forward to getting to know Alexander better going through their teen years.

I think you did a great job conveying that. Looking forward to getting to know Alexander better going through their teen years.

He will be starring in several chapters before I end the teen years. And so will Amelia and Onyx as always, but I do feel like Alexander needs the spotlight in at least a few. I'm sure he'll appreciate that. :lol:
    37oYgl3.png
    edited October 2018
    well to be fair-Ameila is the "lesser" child because she's adopted unlike Alex who is biological.. and this is quite common sometimes. At least "Mom" only yells at Amelia and doesn't treat her like a a Cinderella which happens in other households
    6adMCGP.gif
    well to be fair-Ameila is the "lesser" child because she's adopted unlike Alex who is biological..

@MadameLee Yes, Elaine views Amelia as the "lesser" child. But Garrett doesn't, and to Alexander, Amelia is just as much his sister as a biological sibling would be... there's no difference to him, as there shouldn't be. They grew up together, they ARE family. Even if genetics don't think so. <3
    37oYgl3.png
    well to be fair-Ameila is the "lesser" child because she's adopted unlike Alex who is biological.. and this is quite common sometimes. At least "Mom" only yells at Amelia and doesn't treat her like a a Cinderella which happens in other households

Whoops you edited after I saw this.

To the additional comment that's very true, but verbal and emotional abuse isn't any better than physical abuse, or the "Cinderella" treatment... it's all mistreatment and not a way that any mother should treat her daughter. :(
    37oYgl3.png
    well to be fair-Ameila is the "lesser" child because she's adopted unlike Alex who is biological..

@MadameLee Yes, Elaine views Amelia as the "lesser" child. But Garrett doesn't, and to Alexander, Amelia is just as much his sister as a biological sibling would be... there's no difference to him, as there shouldn't be. They grew up together, they ARE family. Even if genetics don't think so. <3

a teacher (that I didn't have) at my high school before I went there foster kids pr teens but she gave up after having kids with "issues"
    6adMCGP.gif

a teacher (that I didn't have) at my high school before I went there foster kids pr teens but she gave up after having kids with "issues"

It's unfortunate but many children in foster care have been through a lot and have issues. :( Luckily not the case with Amelia as she was adopted as an infant.
    37oYgl3.png

It's unfortunate but many children in foster care have been through a lot and have issues. :( Luckily not the case with Amelia as she was adopted as an infant.
    37oYgl3.png

well if you remember Emma had "issues" because she was adopted as a toddler but was sent back and the only other time she got close to adoption it was through that weird woman who was an "Aunt" to Elsa and Anna.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Believe me when I tell you that just because someone is your biological parent, doesn't mean they are mum or dad. The person that takes care of you and raises you is. I will say that I have several adopted cousins. My cousins their parents, couldn't have children. They saw no difference, felt no difference, and loved them like their own. Love is not always in blood, it's comes from the heart. It's sad that Elaine treats Amelia this way. She should be ashamed of herself. Amelia didn't ask to be adopted by Elaine. Elaine decided to adopt Amelia and bring her into her life and family. I sure would like to give her some motherly advice for sure. Better yet, Amelia could live with me until Elaine gets her act together. If she ever does......
    yXW40Hz.png?1

well if you remember Emma had "issues" because she was adopted as a toddler but was sent back and the only other time she got close to adoption it was through that weird woman who was an "Aunt" to Elsa and Anna.

Yeah that's true. I came in watching around the Elsa and Anna introduction.
    37oYgl3.png
    Believe me when I tell you that just because someone is your biological parent, doesn't mean they are mum or dad. The person that takes care of you and raises you is. I will say that I have several adopted cousins. My cousins their parents, couldn't have children. They saw no difference, felt no difference, and loved them like their own. Love is not always in blood, it's comes from the heart. It's sad that Elaine treats Amelia this way. She should be ashamed of herself. Amelia didn't ask to be adopted by Elaine. Elaine decided to adopt Amelia and bring her into her life and family. I sure would like to give her some motherly advice for sure. Better yet, Amelia could live with me until Elaine gets her act together. If she ever does......

So true. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up for Elaine...
    37oYgl3.png
    @mamasquirrel well Cousin Erin is only my half/adopted cousin because she doesn't share (Mom's blood) with Mom's family since she's my Aunt D's child from a previous marriage but my Uncle J adopted her on marriage to Aunt D. So that as far as I know Uncle J is more a Dad to her then her actual Dad (who initials apparently are same) and my Paternal grandma was the only Mom my Dad's half-brother and half-sister knew because their real Mom didn't want anything to do with them-not even as adults (not to mention my Aunt and Uncle were really, really young when Grandpa married her)
    6adMCGP.gif