Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    edited September 2018
    @squirrelwithacup ......Ok.... but that doesn't mean I won't mope a little bit.... Onyx.... T_T.....

Ignore this, it double posted. :D
    Post edited by squirrelwithacup on
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    edited September 2018
    @squirrelwithacup ......Ok.... but that doesn't mean I won't mope a little bit.... Onyx.... T_T.....

@TheAemaSimming Aww, don't worry. I'll find a scientist with a cloning machine and make 100 limited edition Onyx copies to distribute? :joy:
    Post edited by squirrelwithacup on
    37oYgl3.png
    @TheAemaSimming Going to make one more comment. If you think you're in love with Onyx now, wait until you see what he looks like when he grows up! Hehe. Okay, I'll stop teasing you now!
    37oYgl3.png
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    I'm all caught up now... and awh. Elaine needs to wise up but it's not likely. When you objectify someone it's very hard to see how there are like you. I was never a big fan of vampires but Onyx... he's changing my heart. I think I am beginning to understand why so many people see them as romantic. I mean if you went through your entire childhood either afraid to share who you were because of persecution or judged... well, you would be rather brooding...

Still the last line of Onyx is the one that just did me in. I am now in love with Onyx and if Amelia doesn't take him I will. :)

"How do we seem to you? Do you find us beautiful, magical? Our white skin, our fierce eyes? "Drink," you ask me. Do you have any idea of the thing you will become?" - Louis du Point du Lac, Interview With The Vampire (movie).
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    I'm all caught up now... and awh. Elaine needs to wise up but it's not likely. When you objectify someone it's very hard to see how there are like you. I was never a big fan of vampires but Onyx... he's changing my heart. I think I am beginning to understand why so many people see them as romantic. I mean if you went through your entire childhood either afraid to share who you were because of persecution or judged... well, you would be rather brooding...

Still the last line of Onyx is the one that just did me in. I am now in love with Onyx and if Amelia doesn't take him I will. :)

"How do we seem to you? Do you find us beautiful, magical? Our white skin, our fierce eyes? "Drink," you ask me. Do you have any idea of the thing you will become?" - Louis du Point du Lac, Interview With The Vampire (movie).

Ooh, poetic.
    37oYgl3.png

Ooh, poetic.

The movie tried for that dark side of vampirism along with those who were less thrilled with their lot in life (unlife?). Twilight took dark and brooding vampires to a whole new level and paired them against dark and brooding werewolves. That's why I like Onyx. At this point, he's not dark and brooding. He's a child full of energy and feelings and emotions; every bit as human as Amelia apart from one very sharp, contrasting detail.
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    @Chrinnie My friend loaned me that movie... It's kind of just been sitting around. Now that the wonderful, childlike Onyx has made me start to appreciate vampires maybe I should finally watch it. I need to actually have a brooding character for my new SimLit. I don't brood so... maybe brooding vampire research would help me find his voice....???

@squirrelwithacup I will take a small copy of Onyx to carry around in my pocket and protect from the big bullies of the world. And I... I have to admit I spoilered myself... I read your other thread. So I know he goes from cute to... very good looking... Amelia turns out nice as well. But I am still looking forward to your story retelling of their lives. :D

Ooh, poetic.

The movie tried for that dark side of vampirism along with those who were less thrilled with their lot in life (unlife?). Twilight took dark and brooding vampires to a whole new level and paired them against dark and brooding werewolves. That's why I like Onyx. At this point, he's not dark and brooding. He's a child full of energy and feelings and emotions; every bit as human as Amelia apart from one very sharp, contrasting detail.

@Chrinnie Yeah, I'll agree with you there. There are plenty of dark and brooding cliche vampires, but no one ever thought to portray them as no different than any other person. Onyx has emotions and feelings just like anyone else, he's no different except... well, he has some unusually sharp teeth.
    @Chrinnie My friend loaned me that movie... It's kind of just been sitting around. Now that the wonderful, childlike Onyx has made me start to appreciate vampires maybe I should finally watch it. I need to actually have a brooding character for my new SimLit. I don't brood so... maybe brooding vampire research would help me find his voice....???

@squirrelwithacup I will take a small copy of Onyx to carry around in my pocket and protect from the big bullies of the world. And I... I have to admit I spoilered myself... I read your other thread. So I know he goes from cute to... very good looking... Amelia turns out nice as well. But I am still looking forward to your story retelling of their lives. :D

@TheAemaSimming Oh no! I never planned on making a simlit when I posted that thread. Man, I should have taken that down when I had the chance before all my readers spoiled themselves! :joy: But my simlit will veer off the course of my story towards the end, as I have to end it somehow and I doubt the game file I'm playing is going to end anytime soon. I'd have endless content! So don't worry, there will be things you haven't gotten spoiled for.

Although a few major plot points are unfortunately spoiled by that thread. ...Well, more than a few. I hope you're happy that you got spoilers! :joy:

But yes, Onyx is very good looking. ;)
    37oYgl3.png
    The next chapter of Nightshade is up! Read chapter 10 here! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    Alright, here's not one. but TWO new chapters for Nightshade! Chapter Eleven and Chapter Twelve!
    37oYgl3.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    good story
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    good story

Thanks @MadameLee!
    37oYgl3.png
    Two... two chapters *laughs like the Count from Sesame Street* I love it! And, pizza by candlelight sounds like a great Than... I mean Harvestfest to me!
    mW8spBr.png
    Two... two chapters *laughs like the Count from Sesame Street* I love it! And, pizza by candlelight sounds like a great Than... I mean Harvestfest to me!

Haha, yes, two chapters! That's the real holiday celebration. :D

Sounds great to me, too. You'd hear no complaints from me!
    37oYgl3.png
    @Chrinnie @squirrelwithacup my family might either have to have a)pizza or b)KFC or C)Chinese food for Canadian Thanksgiving since we're leaving on the 21st of this month and not be back till Oct 5th (a Saturday) and Thanksgiving on Monday.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Chrinnie @squirrelwithacup my family might either have to have a)pizza or b)KFC or C)Chinese food for Canadian Thanksgiving since we're leaving on the 21st of this month and not be back till Oct 5th (a Saturday) and Thanksgiving on Monday.

@madamelee I love Chinese food. Used to love KFC before I went vegan.
    37oYgl3.png

The KFC supper is a bit of a joke- since you see for Christmas in Japan- Japanese have KFC for Christmas. It started in the 80s-American expats in Japan couldn't find a restaurant which offered turkey-so they turned to KFC and it somehow caught on with the Japanese and now tables are resevered in Japan for months in advance of Christmas.
    6adMCGP.gif

The KFC supper is a bit of a joke- since you see for Christmas in Japan- Japanese have KFC for Christmas. It started in the 80s-American expats in Japan couldn't find a restaurant which offered turkey-so they turned to KFC and it somehow caught on with the Japanese and now tables are resevered in Japan for months in advance of Christmas.

Yes, I've heard of that! Around here KFC is quite popular, so I couldn't imagine it being considered a fancy Christmas dinner.
    37oYgl3.png

Yes, I've heard of that! Around here KFC is quite popular, so I couldn't imagine it being considered a fancy Christmas dinner.

I think Colonel Sanders is somewhere happy that his restaurant has taken on such a special meaning... if only in Japan.
    mW8spBr.png

I think Colonel Sanders is somewhere happy that his restaurant has taken on such a special meaning... if only in Japan.

Yes, it's a shame they have to fry the chicken in Kentucky and ship it all the way to Japan, isn't it?
    37oYgl3.png

Yes, it's a shame they have to fry the chicken in Kentucky and ship it all the way to Japan, isn't it?

Hehehe, you are hilarious :lol:
    mW8spBr.png
    @squirrelwithacup @Chrinnie I think a Japanese baseball team isn't exactly thrilled with KFC. They been cursed to (not win) since they threw in a statue of Colonel Sanders into some river (they couldn't find a guy who looked like some American who played with them after they won some game since the American had a beard or something) sorry for being off-topic here
    6adMCGP.gif

Hehehe, you are hilarious :lol:

I am? I thought you were the hilarious one! :lol:
    @squirrelwithacup @Chrinnie I think a Japanese baseball team isn't exactly thrilled with KFC. They been cursed to (not win) since they threw in a statue of Colonel Sanders into some river (they couldn't find a guy who looked like some American who played with them after they won some game since the American had a beard or something) sorry for being off-topic here

That's very interesting. Didn't know that.
    37oYgl3.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    These chapters are soooo cute! Last read before I go do Adulty things. :) Made my day. Glad that Onyx and his mom made up even though there are still LOTS of questions. And Amelia is very lucky! :)
    These chapters are soooo cute! Last read before I go do Adulty things. :) Made my day. Glad that Onyx and his mom made up even though there are still LOTS of questions. And Amelia is very lucky! :)

@TheAemaSimming Aww, thanks! I'm glad it made your day! :smiley: Yes, she is very lucky, and let's hope Onyx and Raven have a less rocky road from this point...
    37oYgl3.png