Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    edited August 2020
    gjesUCH.jpg
    Hey everyone! Read today's new chapter of Nightshade here!
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
    doggers123 wrote: »
    I haven't been on for so long... I'm so excited that
    The baby is born, and orion and Alexander are happy again!!

@nerdfashion @doggers123
    Here's to hoping this streak of happiness continues on! ❤
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    EIkwuom.jpg
    Hey everyone! Today marks the second anniversary of Nightshade, and to celebrate, here's a new chapter I've been really excited to work on! Read Chapter 90 here!
    37oYgl3.png
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Happy Anniversary!
    Love the new chapter and really felt for Orion, I'm glad he found some sort of peace after meeting her again. What is her deal???
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary!
    Love the new chapter and really felt for Orion, I'm glad he found some sort of peace after meeting her again. What is her deal???

@Bloosmoo
    I'm glad he did too. Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what her deal is, not even her herself. 😂
    37oYgl3.png
    rTC2SgL.png
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for almost a month between updates, IRL has been really busy lately. However, I have a new chapter ready today which you can read here! Enjoy :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    rTC2SgL.png
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for almost a month between updates, IRL has been really busy lately. However, I have a new chapter ready today which you can read here! Enjoy :heart:
    Alexander needs a very long lesson on how to speak with other people.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited September 2020
    Life gets in the way sometimes, but this was a pleasure to read this morning and I appreciate you taking the time out of the hectic, to create and post this for us.
    That said, I would wear my slapping hand out on this boy. I only wish Aurora would learn how much better than this she deserves. She's right, it shouldn't be all about Bryn it should be about them. What a shame Mr Irresponsible couldn't hold it in his pants long enough to grieve before he went and ruined their relationship. Yes, it's a lot for him to take in, but surely there are certain things in certain shops that would prevent pregnancy one way or another, he's a scientist for heavens sakes surely he knew about those even if he didnt' know about the alien/human pregnancy factor....grrrr. So that was a really well written chapter, it takes me a lot to get frustrated with character or anything really and I found him really frustrating in this chapter (again!) ]
    rTC2SgL.png
    Alexander needs a very long lesson on how to speak with other people.

@nerdfashion
    Now that's something I agree with. He just can't keep his mouth shut... or control what comes out of it.
    Life gets in the way sometimes, but this was a pleasure to read this morning and I appreciate you taking the time out of the hectic, to create and post this for us.
    That said, I would wear my slapping hand out on this boy. I only wish Aurora would learn how much better than this she deserves. She's right, it shouldn't be all about Bryn it should be about them. What a shame Mr Irresponsible couldn't hold it in his pants long enough to grieve before he went and ruined their relationship. Yes, it's a lot for him to take in, but surely there are certain things in certain shops that would prevent pregnancy one way or another, he's a scientist for heavens sakes surely he knew about those even if he didnt' know about the alien/human pregnancy factor....grrrr. So that was a really well written chapter, it takes me a lot to get frustrated with character or anything really and I found him really frustrating in this chapter (again!) ]

@Bloosmoo
    Thank you. Things have definitely been hectic, sometimes I just can't update as often as I'd like to, but I'm hoping to release the next chapter before the end of this month, I'm not letting there be another month-long wait between chapters this time. :joy:
    My thoughts exactly. I get that he's handling his grief really poorly and it's causing him to act out in ways he shouldn't, but he can't just go treating her like this and he certainly knew about pregnancy prevention regardless of which one of them was at risk of getting pregnant. Honestly he's way out of line with this one. It was a frustrating chapter to write - I don't want people to hate Alexander, but at the same time, he just keeps doing things that make you go "really?" :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    N0DR9WV.png
    Hey everyone! Okay, so I wanted to have this out by the end of September or the very beginning of October, but of course, as soon as I'm halfway done with something chaos happens (this time an unexpected dog injury, don't worry, he's fine now) so it ended up being a tad bit delayed. I promise you guys that I'm trying to get back to a more regular posting schedule! Click here for your long-awaited Chapter 92, I hope you all enjoy it!
    37oYgl3.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    N0DR9WV.png
    Hey everyone! Okay, so I wanted to have this out by the end of September or the very beginning of October, but of course, as soon as I'm halfway done with something chaos happens (this time an unexpected dog injury, don't worry, he's fine now) so it ended up being a tad bit delayed. I promise you guys that I'm trying to get back to a more regular posting schedule! Click here for your long-awaited Chapter 92, I hope you all enjoy it!
    Awwwww!!!
    funny-gifs20.gif

Awwwww!!!! I hate Christmas but through Orion's eyes and your writing it was magical and all about meaning rather than buying and spending. Can you transport me into their world? I'll spend the holiday season there gladly. I love th way you did Orion's purpose, hopefully he can have the relationship and the happiness he deserves. Kiera is so cute in her little jingle bunny outfit and your San Myshuno opening scene looked incredible! Did you do the toyshop build yourself? I'm impressed. I'm glad your little doggo is okay, they come before everything else and if it's a case of he's on the mend I'm sending him some distance reiki just incase. Seeing your post made my day :) Thank you.
    edited October 2020
    Awwwww!!!! I hate Christmas but through Orion's eyes and your writing it was magical and all about meaning rather than buying and spending. Can you transport me into their world? I'll spend the holiday season there gladly. I love th way you did Orion's purpose, hopefully he can have the relationship and the happiness he deserves. Kiera is so cute in her little jingle bunny outfit and your San Myshuno opening scene looked incredible! Did you do the toyshop build yourself? I'm impressed. I'm glad your little doggo is okay, they come before everything else and if it's a case of he's on the mend I'm sending him some distance reiki just incase. Seeing your post made my day :) Thank you.

@Bloosmoo
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed the chapter despite your views on Christmas! Honestly, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I really wanted to focus on the meaning rather than the superficial part of it, because Orion could use some serious spirit-lifting. I did some of the work on the shopping center, but my mom @mamasquirrel also plays the sims and helped a bunch with it. I did do the renovation of Myshuno Meadows/the square for the holiday lights myself though. :) Thank you for the feedback, I always look forward to the comments I get! ❤

As for my doggo, he's feeling much better. He was outside playing and injured his paw, we thought it might have been broken but the vet confirmed it was only a soft tissue injury and he just needed some pain meds and strict rest for a few days, thankfully!
    37oYgl3.png
    Poor little guy, give him a hug from me, I'm glad he's okay :)
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member

@Bloosmoo
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed the chapter despite your views on Christmas! Honestly, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I really wanted to focus on the meaning rather than the superficial part of it, because Orion could use some serious spirit-lifting. I did some of the work on the shopping center, but my mom @mamasquirrel also plays the sims and helped a bunch with it. I did do the renovation of Myshuno Meadows/the square for the holiday lights myself though. :) Thank you for the feedback, I always look forward to the comments I get! ❤

As for my doggo, he's feeling much better. He was outside playing and injured his paw, we thought it might have been broken but the vet confirmed it was only a soft tissue injury and he just needed some pain meds and strict rest for a few days, thankfully!

@squirrelwithacup @Bloosmoo @nerdfashion I enjoyed helping with this build. Sims are squirrel's thing and builds are mine. If any are interested you can always check our builds/Sims out on the gallery ID: Squirrelwithacup. I really loved this chapter and thought it was really sweet.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    @mamasquirrel I will check those out thanks, you did a great job! I love building too, but you know how it is when sometimes a venue style just doesn't click with you (shops...worked in too many) I need the gallery and it's always fun to see what others do with their builds (yes, utter build geek here :D )
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    @mamasquirrel I will check those out thanks, you did a great job! I love building too, but you know how it is when sometimes a venue style just doesn't click with you (shops...worked in too many) I need the gallery and it's always fun to see what others do with their builds (yes, utter build geek here :D )

@Bloosmoo Thank you. I know what you mean for sure. Sometimes if feels like that to me as well, but I usually end up building it anyway lol. There are so many talented builders and much better builder than I am, but I enjoy building it relaxes me.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    1PJZTkO.png
    Hey everyone! For once, I'm actually on schedule to release more than one chapter in a month! :lol:
    Read today's new chapter of Nightshade here!
    37oYgl3.png
    edited November 2020
    S17mtRJ.png
    MG7ZdC6.png
    Hey everyone, and Happy Holidays! Today I'm releasing not one, but two chapters! After this, I'll be taking a break for the holidays, but I'll be resuming chapters after New Year's. I'm sorry to take time off for so long, but things in real life are hectic and I really need a short hiatus :heart: Thanks for your patience!

Anyway, here's Chapter 94 and Chapter 95! Enjoy!
    37oYgl3.png
    YbkyZGq.png
    Hey everyone! How was your holiday season? I'm a little bit later than expected, but as promised, it's January and I'm returning with the first brand-new chaper of this month! Hopefully I'll be releasing at least one more before January ends, but until then, read the newest Nightshade chapter here!
    37oYgl3.png
    klVvtli.png
    Hey everyone! As promised, I'm releasing a second chapter this month which you can read here! Enjoy :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    kv6Ziq1.png
    Hey everyone! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day. Here's a new chapter of Nightshade, which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Lgkq0po.png
    Hey everyone! Today I have a new chapter of Nightshade, which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @squirrelwithacup Hello there!
    I'm all caught up. I was commenting as SimsStories on your blog. This tale took me for a rollercoaster ride. Your writing is so phenomenal, and your characters are well-written. I might have already stated it somewhere, but Orion is my favorite character. Also, I like Skylar. She's way better than Tiffany.

@DeafSimmer Hi there! Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate your support! I'll go check my blog right now for your comments :smile:
    And thank you for your compliments! Orion is one of my favorite characters, too, and I can definitely agree that Skylar is way better than Tiffany. I can't wait to show what the future holds for both of them as characters. :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    edited March 2021
    QLQvnDc.png
    Hey everyone! I'm excited to finally post Chapter 100 of Nightshade! This story has come such a long way, thank you for all your support! Read it here!
    37oYgl3.png