Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boss Cat...?!

TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
My Sim had the flu so first he slept through the carpool, and then when he woke up I had him call in sick to work. He is a human who works in the Business career as a Senior Manager, but look who answered the phone when he called in sick...

screen_shot_2018_08_13_at_9_33_10_pm_by_eldr_fire-dck3huv.png

Is this a bug? Or just a quirk?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think it's a quirk. Do remember you can invite pets to the party by phone. In The Sims 3 pets can call you (for example to thank the firefighter). In The Sims 4, you can call pets.

But then again, an Alaskan town has elected a cat called Stubbs as mayor, so no wonder that sims followed that real life town's footsteps and started off by giving the cat the boss position.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    LOL, that's funny. You have some messed up data fragments. Have you been moving Sims in and out of different hoods, or putting Sims in houses into the house bins and then moving them somewhere else? TS2 doesn't let you call pets or vice versa.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    The game generates an other wise unused NPC for the boss when calling sick (male with female voice as example)

So perhaps you may be on the first possible sign of corruption, only possibly. Just pay attention to children's wants and the speech bubbles when talking to make sure.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LOL, that's funny. You have some messed up data fragments. Have you been moving Sims in and out of different hoods, or putting Sims in houses into the house bins and then moving them somewhere else? TS2 doesn't let you call pets or vice versa.

Messed up data fragments is scary to me, not funny. :frowning: I have been carefully avoiding things that I know cause corruption. I haven't played in any neighbourhoods except Pleasantview and its sub-neighbourhoods, so haven't been moving anyone in between at all. I haven't placed the Ottomas family, haven't moved any Sims into the houses bin or placed any of the pre-made occupied lots from the houses bin. I only use boolprop to add skill points and careers to Sims I make as neighbours but don't actually play, and to adjust the needs bars for pregnant Sims. If you think there is some other thing I could be doing that causes corruption, please let me know. I lost years' worth of beloved families to corruption in the past, but that's when I was a kid and was adding object NPCs to families and stuff like that. I have not done anything dangerous like that in my new Sims game, which I've only been playing for about a year.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I wouldn't worry to much about it. Sometimes strange things just happen. :D It is not the first time a pet has been pictured in a human role, I am sure it won't be the last.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Do you launch off Origin? I've never seen such a thing, but then I play TS2 on either a disk version or my independent UC version.
    Do you launch off Origin? I've never seen such a thing, but then I play TS2 on either a disk version or my independent UC version.

Nope, I play the Sims 2: Super Collection on a Mac, no Origin involved.
    Use the Sims2PackCleanInstaller to scan your character files just to see who this cat is supposed to be. I think I remember some sort of bug but not sure it was in the game or caused by custom content. I sure miss the old BBS, since it had so many questions and answers like this one and solved. Like the spawning of garderners was finally figured out but I'm thinking it was caused by inteen mod, but my memory may be slipping.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Use the Sims2PackCleanInstaller to scan your character files just to see who this cat is supposed to be. I think I remember some sort of bug but not sure it was in the game or caused by custom content. I sure miss the old BBS, since it had so many questions and answers like this one and solved. Like the spawning of garderners was finally figured out but I'm thinking it was caused by inteen mod, but my memory may be slipping.

Thanks for the info - is that a mod?
    Terra wrote: »

No it's a program created over at MTS which allows you to check lots, characters, and custom content and mods in your game.
    Terra wrote: »

No it's a program created over at MTS which allows you to check lots, characters, and custom content and mods in your game.

Thanks, I'll check that out!