Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the lotto fair game in legacies?

My sim recently won the lottery, and as it turns out, 1 million is a lot of money, like enough to buy multiple of the biggest in game mansions. Would it be fair to participate in the lottery in a legacy, if you’re meant to be following the rules? Technically, your first gen sim could win really early in the game and money wouldn’t be an issue for the coming generations. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, people may disagree but I’d say it’s fair. The odds are pretty highly stacked against you, and people win the lottery irl too. I guess it depends on how you want to play. If you don’t want the consequences of winning, then don’t play.

If a million simoleons seems like too much, you could always make a rule that if you win you have to give a percentage of it up (perhaps using cheats).

Btw I’m jealous that you won. I’ve had the lottery in my games twice. The first time, my sim’s worst enemy won. The second time, his wife’s ex husband won.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm probably not qualified to answer this because I've never played a legacy, but based on what I've read about them I think I would say no. It seems like winning would defeat much of the purpose of the challenge.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Technically, playing the lottery isn't the same as cheating...Why shouldn't you be able to keep it?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, I'm on my 2nd legacy, and I'd say it goes against the spirit of the challenge (especially during generations 1-3). Pinstar has banned a bunch of other legitimate game mechanics before because they tend to break the challenge
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Pinstar updated the rules when seasons came out and said legacy sims aren’t allowed to participate because it pretty much ruins the purpose of working hard to gain money.
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    If you play with strict rules, then maybe don't do it. That way you can still go along with the harder game play. If you are following looser rules, or have your own way of playing, then I say you can use that money. You could always take away money if it feels over done or if you want the next generation to have less.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    So would Gen 7 be ok for them to play the Lottery?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Yeah---what if your Legacy family is at the point where they have plenty of money anyway?
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Playing by strict rules, no, at any generation because it’s make it easier. If you’re not playing strictly, go for it.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Playing by strict rules, no, at any generation because it’s make it easier. If you’re not playing strictly, go for it.

I do need to make a castle for the Gen 8 storyline-so I'm not following the rules at all. I been the heiresses or almost heiresses for plot reasons been removed from the "Estate" for plot reasons.
    6adMCGP.gif