Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Throw a Party, Lose an Item

Every time I throw a party I lose something. No, it's not kleptomaniac sims who come in and steal things. The most recent "thief" was Morgana Wolff who picked up the Internal Reflections Sketchbook. I've also had people take my radio, my computer, books, and a few other normally pick-up-able items. I don't get it though. If someone had a party in real life you wouldn't go and take their sketchbook and put it in your inventory? I even watched Morgana Wolff take it but unfortunately there's not even any conversation options to ask for it back or anything. Is this just normal or is this a glitch? And if it is normal, does anyone know if there's a way to get the items back and a setting or mod or anything to make it so items I buy in buy mode such as those items can't be picked up and taken by people not in the household? (I originally thought it was because my sim had stolen the radio and laptop and I figured maybe they got stolen back or something...) Anyways, any help would be much appreciated, thanks! I also have nraas mods if that helps..
hLhdCsO.jpg

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    This kind of thing is not all that uncommon with items that are supposed to be picked up—the guest just *forgets* to put it back down again. I don't think there are any settings to fix this behavior, other than locking all of your vulnerable stuff in a back room before the party starts. But to get something back, just click on the thief, select NRaas > MC > Basic > Transfer From, and choose your sim as the destination. (It also works backwards, i.e. click on your sim, NRaas > MC > Basic > Transfer To, and select the thief as the, um, donor.)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    (never mind, pretty much what @puzzlezaddict just said...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    @puzzlezaddict and @igazor do either of you know if there's a way to relocate the previously taken items when I'm not sure who took them?
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hmmm... there should be.

Okay, there are probably a couple of ways, but here's one: click on City Hall, NRaas > MC > Sim > Focus > Inventory and a list of items will come up. Pick whichever one you're looking for, and you'll get a list of sims who have it in their personal inventories. I doubt there's any way to tell which one is your sim's item, unless you recolored it and transfer it over to have a look. But you presumably know who you've invited over for parties, so the list should be narrowed down enough to go from there.

If the sim has already placed the item somewhere else, then I don't know what to tell you.
    (Edit: I mean, you could go looking house by house, clicking on the ground and selecting NRaas > MC > Object Info > Not Inventory to see everything on the lot, but that sounds like a huge hassle.)
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    lol thanks @puzzlezaddict. I mostly wanted the laptop back cause I felt it ironic that my founder stole and uses her husband's brother's laptop and even though he comes over all the time they never notice XD I'll see if I can find it.. thanks though for your help!
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    This doesn't help you get your "stolen" items back, @puzzlezaddict does have the right idea. But for the future, some items are really meant to be for personal use and not even for family members to share. Things like tablets, sketch pads, personal stereos (the mp3 players with headsets) shouldn't really be left lying around because whoever uses them is going to put them in their personal inventory when finished. Laptops and even musical instruments are tricky, but this is why desktops for home and community lot usage can be better than laptops.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net