Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you would do if you had the expansion packs. (Sims 3)

I don't have many expansion packs since I just got back into the sims 3 recently but back when I found out there where packs with vampires I always wanted to make a vampire hippie commune where everyone was vegetarian. I thought it would be fun to share this along with other ideas for things people would do with expansion packs.

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    Lol, that sounds like a funny idea. If you don't have Late Night you could buy it and try your idea out.

I have all packs so basically I can do everything they have to offer. One thing I haven't done yet is go camping. I'd like to try that. Create a community lot (base camp..?), put everything a camp site needs from all the packs I have in it and see if that's fun. Hidden Springs would be suitable for that (in the forest).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TheArcticFox01TheArcticFox01 Posts: 5 New Member
    That should be a place to visit in the game.
  • Options
    DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member

That's such an awesome idea! A fun thing I've not yet done with Supernatural, which I've had for two years and want to do at some point, is create a dysfunctional household of every life state, where they're all in conflict with each other and there's just one random human sim who walks in on their arguments occasionally to come and get a sandwich from the kitchen or something. Like a Supernatural sitcom or something along those lines :D
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Awesome ideas!
    I have all EPs but I hav'nt played with them all yet.
    I have a dream to re-create certain movies in game:
    "Back to to future" using ITF + Roaring Heights Maybe ambitions too for the inventing
    "Twilight", "Harry potter" using Supernatural + Midnight Hollow
    "The little mermaid" of course with IP

About every favourite movie/serious I think at some point how it will be in the sims :)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    One thing I haven't done yet is go camping. I'd like to try that. Create a community lot (base camp..?), put everything a camp site needs from all the packs I have in it and see if that's fun. Hidden Springs would be suitable for that (in the forest).

I've done that. I made a campground on the 64x64 residential lot in Hidden Springs. I put lots of trees on it, built an "outhouse" with just a toilet inside, and a sink on the outside, next to a counter where they could prepare food for grilling. There was a picnic table with a park style grill, plus a fire pit. And an empty space big enough for their tent. I sent a newlywed couple there for their honeymoon, with NRaas Traveler mod. If there's no base camp lot, Traveler will allow you to select a residential lot for your sims.

They spent their time fishing, swimming, water skiing, and sailboarding, when the weather was good. When it rained, they went to the disco and other venues. It was lots of fun playing them there.

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have the whole collection but at some point, I plan on sending a couple of SimBots off into the future. They will be working in the Bot Arena career and build Plumbots. My heir from the 4th generation bought a simbot with lifetime points and that simbot built another simbot. I always thought it would be fitting quest for them so they are packed away in a separate household for later.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I always thought that plasma fruits were for "vegetarian vampires" alongside the juice box blood they get from the fridge. I love the idea of a hippie vampire commune tending their plasma fruit crops, that makes me laugh :D

I own all the EP's but I've never played with a Genie, even though I keep saying I will. After seeing posts last night by @JoAnne65 and @MidnightAura ( I think it was Midnight ) I decided to create a Warlock who had made it his goal to acquire a lamp for study. He's not allowed to use LTR points to buy one, and I decided it would be more fun to find a lamp rather than create a Genie in CAS so he has to find one the hard way.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @IreneSwift Traveler is waiting to get moved into my Mods folder once I’ve moved on to my next heir and that all sounds perfect, thanks for the tips! I take it you do turn the lot into base camp then?

@Pary Getting one through the lamp certainly is more fun than creating one, because the whole making wishes part and the freeing the genie routine adds its own gameplay. Plus it felt so much deeper to me to play the characters with their own history, the trauma of having spent thousands of years in that lamp. That part came down to my imagination though of course ;) And ever since we can take our sims into CAS (with testingcheats but undoubtedly you have mastercontroller) their default blue pudding appearance isn’t a necessity anymore. Don’t let their complexion in CAS scare you off, it won’t show in the game fortunately.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @IreneSwift Traveler is waiting to get moved into my Mods folder once I’ve moved on to my next heir and that all sounds perfect, thanks for the tips! I take it you do turn the lot into base camp then?

No, I left it as a residential lot. That way, they had it all to themselves. But I've also made a campground for one of my CAW worlds, which is a base camp. It's much more elaborate, and a lot of sims hang out there. I could share some pictures of both of them, if you'd like to see them.

• Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »

No, I left it as a residential lot. That way, they had it all to themselves. But I've also made a campground for one of my CAW worlds, which is a base camp. It's much more elaborate, and a lot of sims hang out there. I could share some pictures of both of them, if you'd like to see them.
    I sure would! (though it would be off topic here, maybe I can start a topic for it)
    I'd actually like it if other sims would go camping there as well, which is why I figured the status base camp maybe could help with that. Don't want to hijack and derail this topic though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I plan to populate a whole world with aliens (they came with Seasons I think?) and then to gather lots of military sims to fight them... :grimace:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I plan to populate a whole world with aliens (they came with Seasons I think?) and then to gather lots of military sims to fight them... :grimace:

They did!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member

That sounds like one... Strange town B)

My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2018
    Lol, that sounds like a funny idea. If you don't have Late Night you could buy it and try your idea out.

I have all packs so basically I can do everything they have to offer. One thing I haven't done yet is go camping. I'd like to try that. Create a community lot (base camp..?), put everything a camp site needs from all the packs I have in it and see if that's fun. Hidden Springs would be suitable for that (in the forest).

I do that often tbh, I send my sims camping every Friday and Saturday, as a family tradition.

37842911_127333481524246_1960849185636876288_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e146e5affe6475ec6a6b4fd3fb142bd1&oe=5C0DEE4E

Edit:
    As for my gameplay, with Supernatural, I like to do a Hogwarts playthrough of Harry Potter.XD
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    That's such an awesome idea! A fun thing I've not yet done with Supernatural, which I've had for two years and want to do at some point, is create a dysfunctional household of every life state, where they're all in conflict with each other and there's just one random human sim who walks in on their arguments occasionally to come and get a sandwich from the kitchen or something. Like a Supernatural sitcom or something along those lines :D

You gave me a idea. But I think I will try and make Morganville which are my favourite books at the moment. So much conflict in them.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg