Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disobedient Sims are driving me crazy

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    I doubt it was designed on purpose to do this -- to have Sims refuse direct orders of the players. It's just so baked into the incompetently programmed engine now that they probably can't even fix it without massive overhauling.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I doubt it was designed on purpose to do this -- to have Sims refuse direct orders of the players. It's just so baked into the incompetently programmed engine now that they probably can't even fix it without massive overhauling.

Yeah, this was definitely not by design.

I can't imagine someone thought it would be smart to have Sims frozen in place, as time passes on for hours on end, to have Sims freeze/delay in between multitasking interactions, to leave interactions stuck in the queue, to have the queue inaccurately display what is actually going on in the game, and to have Sims just ignore the queue altogether.

The interaction/queue system and time flow are such basic, core features of the game that are crucial to its gameplay. It has worked without an issue from The Sims 1 to The Sims 3. Yet, this game, where they've taken the most steps backwards out of all of the entries to ensure stability and performance, is unable to sufficiently handle both.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Honestly, this is one of my pet peeves with this game. I get SOOOOO annoyed with these sims sometimes.

Here is my favorite example because it happens to me a lot.

My sims wakes up in the morning. Hunger in the red, shower and toilet in the yellow. Naturally my sim wants to fill the hunger need first so the autonomy kicks in to grab a serving. I cancel because I want them to pee, shower and then eat because we all know they may pee themselves before they can finish the meal. My sim goes all the way downstairs to the fridge opens and closes and then walks all the way back upstairs to pee and shower. WHY DO THEY DO THAT OMG!?!?!?!!?
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    My sims wakes up in the morning. Hunger in the red, shower and toilet in the yellow. Naturally my sim wants to fill the hunger need first so the autonomy kicks in to grab a serving. I cancel because I want them to pee, shower and then eat because we all know they may pee themselves before they can finish the meal. My sim goes all the way downstairs to the fridge opens and closes and then walks all the way back upstairs to pee and shower. WHY DO THEY DO THAT OMG!?!?!?!!?

Yes the refusal to immediately cancel the action you just x-ed out is incredibly frustrating. I saw a toddler trying to go up the stairs the other day and he was down stairs in the hallway. I hit cancel and switched his action to playing on the tablet, downstairs in his room. He crawled all the way upstairs, then turned around and came all the way downstairs. Then he self-canceled the tablet action (apparently) and tried to go back upstairs again. This went on until I finally made the Sim he was trying to go upstairs to see come downstairs so he would finally cut it the heck out.