Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Sims Walk Instead of Run

I just want to take my Sim on a walk in the park. Literally.

Is there anyway to make Sims walk to a point on the map without the jogging? I've heard the lazy trait could make them walk but I don't want to give all my sims that trait just so they walk like normal people lol.

Comments

• Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    I don't know, I find it annoying too.
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Instead of clicking all the way across the park to where you want them to end up, try choosing shorter distances in between. Sims wont run if you only direct them to move a short distance.
    Its annoying to have to keep clicking Go Here, Go Here. But at least they will walk instead of run.
    Also if youre not against mods im pretty sure i saw one that gives your sims the option to go for a walk instead of a jog around the neighborhood. Never tried it though
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think they should just give us the options "walk here", "run here" and "jog here". And the ability to set one of them as default, a bit like the vampire can choose their movement style. That way we can choose at which speed our Sims go from one place to another.

Exacty, cuz it's annoying to see them run all the time. And the most annoying for me is that the animation is the same for run and jog. There should be another one for run.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I always miss the option to choose if my Sims walk run or jog
  • hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    @PlumDiddy I looked around for a mod and couldn't find any for Sims 4. Oh well, maybe someone who is good at modding will get annoyed by it too and they will make a mod lol.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited August 2018
    This is a pain. When recording a movie and wanting a small group to walk somewhere together, some of them will run and some walk. The take is always terrible, and it's practically not possible to have a scene where sims walk.

I wish we could get back the options from TS3, "walk here" or "run here". I think we could even choose the tempo when going somewhere with other sims.

PS: What was the point adding several walk styles when they mostly run?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    hughug wrote: »
    @PlumDiddy I looked around for a mod and couldn't find any for Sims 4. Oh well, maybe someone who is good at modding will get annoyed by it too and they will make a mod lol.

Here it is.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411755738/go-for-a-walk-this-mod-adds-a-new-interaction-via

Hope the link works, im doing this from my cell :#
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I wish we could get back the options from TS3, "walk here" or "run here".
    Me too. Surely it would be an 'easy' thing for them to do, since it requires no extra animations, just a change of command list?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I think they should just give us the options "walk here", "run here" and "jog here". And the ability to set one of them as default, a bit like the vampire can choose their movement style. That way we can choose at which speed our Sims go from one place to another.

Exacty, cuz it's annoying to see them run all the time. And the most annoying for me is that the animation is the same for run and jog. There should be another one for run.

Yep. Our sims should use the run animation more. They pretty much only use it when they want to puke or go streaking.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Hi, I had some time and figured it'd be fairly straightforward to do, so for those who are willing to use mods, I made a little thing where you can set your walkstyle as Walk, Run, or Jog with a toggle:

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/652236/

Its priority is pretty high, so it'll overwrite most other walkstyle priority types (including, fair warning, might be able to outplay something like pregnancy walk, so use with caution :P). It can be toggled at will per sim under a new menu called Walk Your Way. Should be usable on Child or older. Toddlers not included cause their movement has its own special evolution and it would be funky messing with that.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    @PlumDiddy and @Triplis Thanks so much guys! I will try both of these out!
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I do like to make them walk f I could, its a little more real lol, you wouldnt jog/run everywhere you go, plus if I have them walk then I can leave the room without pausing all the time, I also think a "speed walk" for exercising would be a lil cool, a lot of people in my town speed walk or walk to exercise not jog/run.