Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they keep on releasing Stuff Packs ?

Hi,

Should they keep on releasing Stuff Packs ? 347 votes

Yes
53%
DannydanboBluegayleauroraael14GoldmoldaricmnfrshSimsprocfunrudy8292IcewolfErja888alexspoom13Lomelindi7BlkBarbiegalaelias24musiclover13191VkittyimhappyMi9shaoscarWritin_RegSimburianBrokenChaos69 186 votes
No, EP and GP are enough.
16%
Kita5399lilacksbaprilroseAyradyssCynnaMariefoxprice83SimpkinIObelleIsa_Menezestiffrenee07JoAnne65gothprincess4everHestiaambo1sikasika18Khrisstynemegaluci00CAITLINX354Jultan3MaggieMarley 56 votes
No, I would prefer World Packs like they did with TS3 Store.
6%
AlrynnjustChrisUkLawmayfreindlylolCinebaryuppilyahnaRifftraxRulesSavvySimmiejackjack_kHorrorgirl6abelhinha35Che1vzTheRedLionJemmaTheSimmerlinkinsenpailazyjuniperJPNekoKaronsimms745 23 votes
No, I would prefer a Store.
3%
Bagoas77alanmichael1Charlotteknrambahadoersara4681lasummerbkw4222itskatylynnGamingTweetyssophiagemjasbubbajoe621 12 votes
No, I would prefer more Game Packs.
20%
CK213pookysimsloverJeanGRIMMYLeGardePourprealan650111IceyJPlayerSinger2010Isb917SimQueenie9AnmirlaMagdaleenaElegantblkchina1moltaziaisaiahzaymarcel21mlmeadowsSk8rblazeAwkwardAquaDaemonPaws 70 votes

Comments

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited August 2018
    Personally I would absorb the SP team into the EP team / no more stuff packs.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I love stuff packs. A lot of my favorite items and clothes are from stuff packs.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No.

Splitting up content you've released not once, not twice, but three times before behind a $10 dollar pack is absurd. Releasing stuff packs with the same exact theme you just released months/weeks prior is even more ridiculous.

The issue with The Sims 4's DLC is that packs are too specific. The solution is to have them cover a wider scope of a theme and stick to perfecting expansions with many game packs between. Game packs were a really good idea, it's just disappointing that they do not make enough of them, and that they did not use them in the replacement of stuff packs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    I enjoy all three most of the time - but maybe a few less sps as not everybody is me. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No, I would prefer a Store.
    I like the stuff packs, but I miss the store so much ...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes
    Yes, but release less SP's. We have gotten like 4 SP's in a year probably more before and it's too much, especially when they aren't adding any new buy mode assets, or entire new furniture styles.

I think SP's should continue but make it a max of 2 per year.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes
    I really like the stuff packs. Most of them, anyway.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • megaluci00megaluci00 Posts: 32 Member
    From my point of view, I have always found stuff packs kind of useless... And sadly, with TS4 even more. I think they aren't worth the money they cost, I would prefer the stuff being included in Game Packs. These ones I think are a very interesting alternative to Expansions for reduced budgets as it's my case.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I prefer gameplay being added to my game, not stuff. If I just want stuff, I can go online and download it for free, it's called "Custom Content," and it's a lot better than what's offered in Stuff Packs. Sims 2 and Sims 3 only had about 8-10 Stuff Packs; why on earth does Sims 4 have 14 Stuff Packs?
    Stuff Packs should just be merged into EP and GP.
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    If I just want stuff, I can go online and download it for free, it's called "Custom Content," and it's a lot better than what's offered in Stuff Packs.

That is a rather odd line of thought. A lot of custom content is only able to be made because of "stuff" that was officially released. Most people are not out there making their own meshes.
    edited August 2018
    Yes
    I prefer gameplay being added to my game, not stuff. If I just want stuff, I can go online and download it for free, it's called "Custom Content," and it's a lot better than what's offered in Stuff Packs. Sims 2 and Sims 3 only had about 8-10 Stuff Packs; why on earth does Sims 4 have 14 Stuff Packs?

All Sims 4 stuff packs DO have game play - in fact with out them we would not have all the game play we have. As they put gameplay items in stuff packs neither the ep or gp team want to add to their packs. Every single stuff packs has given me game play I would have been unhappy if I did not have it. Sims 4 is the first of the Sims games that allowed game play items in a stuff pack and it is the only way we can get these items.

CC makers cannot make game play they can only make restyles and recolors of the games game play items and /or meshed items. That's why for 10 bucks the sps are a real bargain. The game would be very empty without those sps - believe me. The CC would not be usable if you do not have the original game play items and meshes in your game from the sps - eps & gps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    There should be an option of: "Yes, but they need to push more bug fixes first".
    Reksoh wrote: »

That is a rather odd line of thought. A lot of custom content is only able to be made because of "stuff" that was officially released. Most people are not out there making their own meshes.

Custom Content Creators use officially released "stuff" from Game Pack and Expansion Packs as well. That's where the "stuff" should be, not in its own separate package. Having a Stuff Pack team is a waste of resources that should just go to Expansion Packs and Game Packs. All the extra costs incurred through advertising and designing the Stuff Packs could also be put to better use in a GP or EP
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    All Sims 4 stuff packs DO have game play - in fact with out them we would not have all the game play we have. As they put gameplay items in stuff packs neither the ep or gp team want to add to their packs. Every single stuff packs has given me game play I would have been unhappy if I did not have it. Sims 4 is the first of the Sims games that allowed game play items in a stuff pack and it is the only way we can get these items.

CC makers cannot make game play they can only make restyles and recolors of the games game play items and /or meshed items. That's why for 10 bucks the sps are a real bargain. The game would be very empty without those sps - believe me. The CC would not be usable if you do not have the original game play items and meshes in your game from the sps - eps & gps.

I find it hard to believe that you consider a rock climbing treadmill and a slip 'n' slide to be important enough gameplay to give them their own exclusive packs. They could have easily merged all those items into GPs and EPs. I'm not saying they're "bad" content, they just don't deserve their own packs and price tags.

I also find it hard to believe that the content from Stuff Packs is stuff that GPs and EP developers didn't want. Really, the creators of Cats & Dogs didn't want to use hamsters? Why? And why didn't the creators of City Living want butlers? Doesn't make much sense either.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm going to say no but my option wasn't there. Id prefer a focus on the issues in the game right now. I don't want new content until that is taken care of. There are bugs that have been in the game for years and still not addressed and adding new content will only break something else thus adding fuel to the fire. I mean let's take a look at seasons and the updates that came along with it. It has wrecked a lot of simmers games. I don't want more content I want the game I spent a ton of money on fixed.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited August 2018
    Yes

I find it hard to believe that you consider a rock climbing treadmill and a slip 'n' slide to be important enough gameplay to give them their own exclusive packs. They could have easily merged all those items into GPs and EPs. I'm not saying they're "bad" content, they just don't deserve their own packs and price tags.

I also find it hard to believe that the content from Stuff Packs is stuff that GPs and EP developers didn't want. Really, the creators of Cats & Dogs didn't want to use hamsters? Why? And why didn't the creators of City Living want butlers? Doesn't make much sense either.

You are not getting the fact that the TEAMS of the ep and gp devs had no interest in making any of the gameplay items that was in stuff packs in their packs. If they don't want to - they don't have to. That was explained when the game came out. There would not be a hot tub, a pop corn maker, the bowling alley, the kids computer game with void creatures, the toddler play stuff, the Butler, the Washer and Dryer, the Ice cream maker, make up table, the banquet tables and fountain - among other things. Maybe they were not something YOU wanted but they were very much something I wanted. I like the slip n' slide and rock wall climber - and judging from the sales of these packs I am not alone. I like the fact it was an affordable option that would not have even existed without the sps.

Why not just be satisfied NOT to buy those packs if you do not like the SP game play, but do not deprive the rest of us that do like them - they take NOTHING away from eps and gps because they were NOT planned for those packs - ever, and the sps have their own separate team. I bought all the sps because I simply like the sps and they are affordable.

You seem to forget there was also new hairs, new clothes, new furniture, new decor, in every one of those packs as well. It was game play plus stuff. Most packs have several game play items, not just 1.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited August 2018

You are not getting the fact that the TEAMS of the ep and gp devs had no interest in making any of the gameplay items that was in stuff packs in their packs. If they don't want to - they don't have to. That was explained when the game came out. There would not be a hot tub, a pop corn maker, the bowling alley, the kids computer game with void creatures, the toddler play stuff, the Butler, the Washer and Dryer, the Ice cream maker, make up table, the banquet tables and fountain - among other things. Maybe they were not something YOU wanted but they were very much something I wanted. I like the slip n' slide and rock wall climber - and judging from the sales of these packs I am not alone. I like the fact it was an affordable option that would not have even existed without the sps.

Why not just be satisfied NOT to buy those packs if you do not like the SP game play, but do not deprive the rest of us that do like them - they take NOTHING away from eps and gps because they were NOT planned for those packs - ever, and the sps have their own separate team. I bought all the sps because I simply like the sps and they are affordable.

You seem to forget there was also new hairs, new clothes, new furniture, new decor, in every one of those packs as well. It was game play plus stuff. Most packs have several game play items, not just 1.

You say that some developers don't want to make gameplay, just stuff: like hair, furniture, clothing etc. There's nothing wrong with that. But, why does it need to be its own dedicated pack? There are people on the EPs and GPs teams who don't add gameplay, they just add stuff like clothes and furniture. Why does it need to come in a $10 pack? All of the items you listed could have been part of a GP or EP. There is no reason any of them should have cost an extra $10 in a separate pack. And, again, I'm not criticizing their work or their effort, I'm just saying the sales model is not right.

In the Sims 1,2 & 3, all of the items you listed came in an Expansion Pack, why should I have pay an extra $10 for a hot tub or a banquet table? Despite the low price for them, when you put the cost of EPs, GPs, and SPs together, you are paying more for less.

And I also find it interesting that you say that the items in Stuff Packs were not "intended for EPs." When the My First Pets Stuff pack that came out in Spring, there was an entire furniture set of furniture that was designed in the exact SAME style as one that came in 2017 with Cats & Dogs. It was clearly intended for that EP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    Hi,

Yes most defiantly.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes

Exactly if it was for the patio stuffpack we wouldn't have hottubs.
    edited August 2018
    Yes

You say that some developers don't want to make gameplay, just stuff: like hair, furniture, clothing etc. There's nothing wrong with that. But, why does it need to be its own dedicated pack? There are people on the EPs and GPs teams who don't add gameplay, they just add stuff like clothes and furniture. Why does it need to come in a $10 pack? All of the items you listed could have been part of a GP or EP. There is no reason any of them should have cost an extra $10 in a separate pack. And, again, I'm not criticizing their work or their effort, I'm just saying the sales model is not right.

In the Sims 1,2 & 3, all of the items you listed came in an Expansion Pack, why should I have pay an extra $10 for a hot tub or a banquet table? Despite the low price for them, when you put the cost of EPs, GPs, and SPs together, you are paying more for less.

And I also find it interesting that you say that the items in Stuff Packs were not "intended for EPs." When the My First Pets Stuff pack that came out in Spring, there was an entire furniture set of furniture that was designed in the exact SAME style as one that came in 2017 with Cats & Dogs. It was clearly intended for that EP.

You obviously did not get what I said - and I am not going to sit here and keep explaining it. You can believe what you want to believe - but My first Pet was made entirely by a different team of people - using match-able content - whether or not you believe it.

I just know one thing - without sps - none of the content we got in the sps made by the SP team would NOT be in this game if they did not exist. I, for one am very happy with the sps and their content. That's all I have to say about this -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Yes
    I love Stuff Packs....you get a decent amount of stuff for 10 bucks. I think all the packs are well priced but Stuff Packs are always affordable no matter what.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes
    I think it's important to keep in mind that the question here is whether or not they should continue making stuff packs.

The idea some people have... that if they were to stop making stuffpacks, they would incorporate what should have been stuff pack content into other packs for no extra charge is silly. You're going to be paying for the content one way or another, most likely by means of price increases.

Personally I like small, focused packs. It gives me more flexibility with my money. I don't play with toddlers at all, so I didn't have to spend 10 bucks on the toddler stuff pack... whereas if they bundled that pack with Parenthood and increased the price, I'd have to pay for a lot of things I don't want just to get some things that I do. On top of that, I would almost guarantee that the people designing stuffpack objects are not the same people coding core gameplay features, and both groups of people probably have different skillsets. So liquidating one team to add it to another would likely not result in more gameplay than what you currently get.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm torn between yes and no GPs and EPs are enough. I think on one hand they should continue but on the other they shouldn't. It's hard to say, for me at least.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes
    I want tons of stuff in all forms and packs. Some things are best for huge EP's like farming, some things best for medium GP's like magic and some things best for SP's like martial arts.