Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken item?--FIXED

monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 256 Member
I cannot get my deep fryer to work any longer. Not sure what has happened, but how can I fix it?
Post edited by monjr8302 on

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    What happens when your sims try to use it?
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 256 Member
    They start the interaction but then just stop. You can see the food floating but they just abandon the action. No food is served or eaten.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Can you try to narrow down the source of the problem a bit? It could be just this one deep fryer, something on the lot, a problem with the world, or even an issue with the item install itself (or your ccmerged.package). So if you could test out a couple of things—no need to save your game after—that would help a lot.

First, if you have NRaas MasterController, what happens if you reset the deep fryer? (Click on the ground, NRaas > Object Reset > Not Inventory to bring up a list of items) You can try moving the fryer somewhere else on the lot, or buying a new one. If those steps don't help, switch households and see if another family can use the fryer. If not, start a new game in a new world and try with brand-new sims.
    I have NRAAS and have reset rhe object but it is still doing it. I will try these other suggestions though.
    I have tried all of these suggestions to no avail.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited August 2018
    I would suggest checking out this site as it tells you how to replace the ccmerged file in the game. I once had this happen to me only it was the glass glowing station. So I renamed my TS3 folder to The Sims 3.old and started up my game launcher to create a new TS3 folder and then I installed my set with the station in it and tested to see if it works. And once I did that and it worked, I deleted the old CCMerged file and replaced it with the new one and then deleted the new TS3 folder and renamed the older one to the original name.
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

Hope this helps you fix your issue... :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I would suggest checking out this site as it tells you how to replace the ccmerged file in the game. I once had this happen to me only it was the glass glowing station. So I renamed my TS3 folder to The Sims 3.old and started up my game launcher to create a new TS3 folder and then I installed my set with the station in it and tested to see if it works. And once I did that and it worked, I deleted the old CCMerged file and replaced it with the new one and then deleted the new TS3 folder and renamed the older one to the original name.
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

Or you could try to use Nona's ccmerged file that she has provided for download on that page. It takes into account all of the store premium content and many players have had success with it. It's not "cheating" or against the rules to do this, the ccmerged file should work the same for everyone and only properly installed premium store content that the player owns will work regardless of whose ccmerged file is used.

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to leave her ccmerged file in place in DCBackup but put a spare copy of it in Mods\Overrides (assuming you are using the mods framework setup to work with package based files and have a Resource.cfg in place that accounts for the Overrides folder).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited August 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Or you could try to use Nona's ccmerged file that she has provided for download on that page. It takes into account all of the store premium content and many players have had success with it. It's not "cheating" or against the rules to do this, the ccmerged file should work the same for everyone and only properly installed premium store content that the player owns will work regardless of whose ccmerged file is used.

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to leave her ccmerged file in place in DCBackup but put a spare copy of it in Mods\Overrides (assuming you are using the mods framework setup to work with package based files and have a Resource.cfg in place that accounts for the Overrides folder).

I thought that it was either one place or the other I had always removed it from the DCBackup folder when I placed it in the Overrides folder.

(fixed typos)
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    I thought that it was either one place or the other I had always removed it from the DCBackup folder when I placed it in the Overrides folder.
    I've never had this issue myself, so can only go by what others have said and it's always been both places. I suppose upon further reflection it doesn't really matter. If the Overrides folder trick works, it's because some timing issue or other is causing the game to not read the one in DCBackup when it should during the startup sequence.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I did download her ccmerge filed & replaced what I had in my backup file. Still not working, so I'll try putting one in the overrides folder. I have no issues with anything else!! Ugh!
    OMG!!!!! I put the ccmerged in the Overrides folder & VOILA!!!!! I HAVE A WORKING ITEM!!!! Thanks so much for helping in all of these suggestions!!!
    And because I have NRAAS, such a lifesaver, I did a total reset on the whole town! Now my save seems faster!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    So glad that you finally got the item to work properly now... :)
    Oh, ye of little faith...er, I mean glad you got that all working again! :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor you know a lot about NRAAS. I'm having issues with trying to get all CAS items to pop up for career outfit. The base game eye glasses are not showing up & I have Advanced backlite (or whatever it is called) turned on to true. Any other suggestions or other NRAAS mods that help with that?
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    @igazor you know a lot about NRAAS.
    You don't say? :p

monjr8302 wrote: »
    I'm having issues with trying to get all CAS items to pop up for career outfit. The base game eye glasses are not showing up & I have Advanced backlite (or whatever it is called) turned on to true. Any other suggestions or other NRAAS mods that help with that?
    Am assuming you are using MasterController instances of CAS and its subsets and/or you have the MC Integration add-on module. How about NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Category Changes > Show Hidden Parts > (True)

Afraid I have no idea what you were reaching for when you said "Advanced backlite," that sounds like a keyboard feature. But perhaps you meant something else.

Career outfits can be fussy at the best of times. If the above setting doesn't do it or if you have NRaas Dresser in play, then this easily goes over my head. I would then suggest bringing this question to us at NRaas, it is what we are there for.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Show Hidden Parts was already tuned to true. That didn't do it, so I tried a new game to see if my save was corrupt & sure enough....it was that save...ugh!!!
    @igazor my game is so wonky! I turned show hidden parts to true & it made base game CAS accessories disappear. But when I turned it to false, they show up. This is so weird. Any suggestions?
    edited August 2018
    This is in a new game or the older one that you had already declared damaged somehow?

igazor wrote: »
    Career outfits can be fussy at the best of times. If the above setting doesn't do it or if you have NRaas Dresser in play, then this easily goes over my head. I would then suggest bringing this question to us at NRaas, it is what we are there for.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    New one.