Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with autonomy on or off?

I apologize if this has already been polled.. but it would be neat to see a stats comparison for this question! Feel free to comment why or why not below. :smiley:

Do you play with autonomy on or off? 165 votes

On all the way!
78%
CK213tams2578cameronw209GoldmoldaricmnfrshLeGardePourpreKita5399Snosrap522GalacticGalLaBlue0314IceyJSimmervilleTWSimGamer82Colorist40TheLibrarySimVibseSimpatsyannWritin_RegIsb917CorkysPetals 130 votes
Nope.. definitely nope. Nopedy nope.
21%
SikoahGraceasimbsimThunderbat87robyngravesBagoas77SimGuruGrahamtaydevSerendipity38ClassicalSimierolovrr31annaliese39ChuChuExpressAoifeIrelandKarababy52SiliCloneEnkiSchmidtfoussiBabySquareSimTrippyNyteRose 35 votes

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I keep it off because I like controlling everything that my sims do.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I play with it off for the selected sim. On for everyone else. I don't see that option, though.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    On all the way!
    Ah, my apologies @So_Money perhaps I should specify for played sims.
  • ASDFIJTHUTIASDFIJTHUTI Posts: 1 New Member
    On all the way!
    I play with it on. It makes my sims feel alive and real. Sometimes my sims are annoying and dont listen so I disable it temporarily though lol.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    off, the autonomy isn't good.. but I follow the whims.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I play with it off for the selected sim. On for everyone else. I don't see that option, though.

Same. I need to be able to control my sims myself, but if I can't get to them immediately I don't want them standing around just wasting time.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    edited August 2018
    Off, mostly because it really isn't fun to have a large house and constantly be trying to corral your sims into doing what I want them to do because I have a very hands-on, involved playstyle.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Ah, my apologies @So_Money perhaps I should specify for played sims.

No worries :) In that case, off is my answer.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    On all the way!
    The weird stuff they do on their own accord can be very entertaining.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    On all the way!
    I’ve never thought about just turning it off. What do they do when you aren’t telling them to do something? Just stand there? That’s creepy. I let them move around, I like to think my game play is like “spirit guide” haha. They are doing what they want, but I’m guiding their life with suggestions.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    On all the way!
    I usually play with autonomy on, but as @So_Money said, with autonomy off for the selected sim. On some rare occasions, for example when I really want my sims to stand a certain way for a screenshot, I turn it off completely.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    I find the game far less frustrating with it turned off for the selected sim.
    Years ago, before the addiction to drinking water and all that stuff existed, I didn't mind having it on.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I accidentally pressed no, but I always play with autonomy on.
  • CagierSaturnCagierSaturn Posts: 24 Member
    On when I'm playing a big household, off otherwise
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    Off all the way, I'm a control freak and can't stand my Sims doing weird stuff I don't tell them to do.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    It varies, depends on the save, depends on what I'm doing, depends how many Sims I have in my household.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    On all the way!
    I've slipped to playing autonomy on again. Some time back I tried autonomy off for selected sim and I really liked it! But it doesn't really work for single sim households and it gets tedious to change the settings. I've never tried autonomy off.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    On all the way!
    I've always had it on, even though some of the things sims do drive me crazy. But if I turn it off, I don't want them to just stand around like statues.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited August 2018
    I used to play with it off but now I have a irl toddler. She asks me to play with her a lot. One day she asked me to play so I did (I always do). Then we went outside to see the duckys, then we made a bowl of fruit, then we played legos... I made it back to my computer just in time to see the dying moments of my last remaining sim in the household. I forgot to hit pause. I felt super guilty for the whole household dying so now I play with it on so they have free will to survive if I screw up.

It’s super annoying tho, like if I want them to meet up in a room downstairs, one of them will start a long animation that can’t be canceled like walking back up the steps.

It’s annoying but it’s better than the feeling of causing their deaths by stripping them of free will.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play with autonomy off for selected sim and on for everyone else. I think this poll should have 3 options.
    I really enjoyed finding out I could play this way. I think I'd played for nearly two years with full autonomy on before I tried it. I tend to micromanage my played sim and hate for the game to keep trying to make them do things I don't want them to do so... I tried it and no more fighting with my played sim for the most part. The only trouble I have really is with the sims I'm not playing trying to engage my played sim when I don't want them too but at least that's manageable for me... and has gotten better overall.
    egTcBMc.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    It varies, depends on the save, depends on what I'm doing, depends how many Sims I have in my household.

Ditto for me
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Nope
    Autonomy off
    Its nice to see sims doing their own stuff.

It also allows me to fall asleep in my chair.
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    On all the way!
    I play with it on until my households get too large (6 members +) and the autonomy off starts to drive me nuts and they all do actions that I don't want them to do at the same time.
  • NindessaNindessa Posts: 29 Member
    On all the way!
    I typically play with Autonomy on because I usually play as a specific Sim within a household and it's nice when the other Sims at least attempt to take care of themselves. If it gets too annoying, though, and it's a relatively small household, I will turn it off and guide all of them.
    ~When life gives you lemons, make orange juice! :) ~
    Origin ID: Nindessa
    Please visit my Basegame Sims Showcase!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    On all the way!
    I leave it on, it's nice having sims take care of themselves without me telling them too. Plus it can be entertaining...though occasionally annoying as well.