Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    @Sbodine89 , I love the angles of that roof!!!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Had mine all ready to go and accidentally deleted the post. Now I don't feel like going all through it again.
    image.png
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am so sorry that you deleted the post @TresaofPern :( It is upsetting when that happens.

Yes it is. Well, it's up on the gallery as Modern Brick House if aony ewants a look.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7AEB14EDABEC11E88347712E81E8C372
    image.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Brick House looks very nice! @TresaofPern :) You have reflected the floor plan very well in sims gameform ! The hedging looks very nice on the edges of the home. It is great that there is a basketball area for the family to have fun playing basketball. The patterned coloured floor rugs add a nice look to the rooms. The island bar stool counter in the kitchen area is nice for the Sims to enjoy eating meals there. The pink colour scheme of the girls bedroom looks very pretty! The circles wallpaper pattern looks very nice.
    It is a very nice family home! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow
    image.png
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited September 2018
    Entry Form

House Name: Modern Simily
    Total Cost Furnished: $565,656
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Origin ID: Rostrijodu
    Link to Lot: Modern Simily
    Link to CC: No CC Used, Only Moo
    Photos:

vkM6ah1.jpg
    Modern Simily by Day

pkn0Jwz.jpg
    Modern Simily at Sunset

PO5vqAG.jpg
    Modern Simily by Night

cRRbTTB.jpg
    Modern Simily at Sunrise

3jwErup.png
    A View from Above, Roof

gtJp6kY.png
    A View from Above, 2nd Floor

I5K9QiD.png
    A View from Above, 1st Floor

posZweq.png
    A View from Above, Basement

Pep6OW6.png
    Front Porch

AEAsrIF.png
    Foyer

BtitoeA.png
    Powder Room

WQVXrt7.png
    First Floor Hallway

M9gwItt.png
    Repurposed Garage (aka Home Gym)

RcxC4hO.png
    Living Room w. Gas Fireplace and the Dining Room

6xbVTPT.png
    Kitchen

ZvqhsOw.png
    Breakfast Bar

HZi3Ct1.png
    Staircase from 1st Floor to 2nd Floor Landing

ewXS2hy.png
    Bedroom Number 3 for Two Pre-Teen Girls

TJKgqdE.png
    Bedroom Number 3 for Two Pre-Teen Girls

lszNqVS.png
    Bedroom Number 2 for Teen Girl

hEDR92b.png
    Bedroom Number 2 for Teen Girl

RMro6xL.png
    Bonus Balcony off of Bedroom Number 2

oE5hl5G.png
    Linen Closet

Csb2fV3.png
    Main Bath

pvR0BvO.png
    Laundry Room

zOpOTcB.png
    Second Floor Hallway w. Master Bedroom Entrance

XPdDBbo.png
    Master Bedroom

dahhd1i.png
    Master Bedroom Walk-In Closet

NHxEIEf.png
    Master Bedroom Ensuite

WSroTUZ.png
    Master Bedroom Ensuite Shower

wOMD19h.png
    Staircase from 1st Floor to Basement

q5fGeRY.png
    Basement Hallway

wFR6Ytc.png
    Cold Cellar (aka Wine Room)

Dyz63Aa.png
    Unexcavated Space (aka Bonus Game Room)

gSVJjPq.png
    Unexcavated Space (aka Bonus Bedroom for Teen Son)

lgHseiz.png
    Unexcavated Space (aka Bonus Bedroom for Teen Son)

1srFRPg.png
    Roughed-In Bath (aka Actual Bath for Teen Son)

vVGd1KC.png
    Utility Room

AOfwulE.png
    Unfinished Basement (aka Finished Entertainment Room)

fVrgtTt.png
    Unfinished Basement (aka Finished Entertainment Room)

q1PSFIn.png
    Bonus Outdoor Entertainment Space

guNjc2X.png
    Bonus Outdoor Entertainment Space

YnOPIE6.png
    Bonus Outdoor Entertainment Space w. Game Tables

42KZbBY.png
    Bonus Outdoor Meditation Space & Pool

cXDscQ1.png
    Bonus Outdoor Fitness Space

tk6sjkZ.png
    Repurposed Garage Door (aka Public Art Space)

Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • Options
    Modern Simily is very nice! @Rostri-Jodu :) You have reflected the floor plan very well! It looks very nice the way that water surrounds the home. The skylight glass tiling roofing is very nice, for sunlight to come into the upper level of the home. It looks very nice the patterned columns and the windows used in the build, and how they have been placed. Very nice furnishing and layout of each area and room in the interior of the home! It is a very detailed home! The red and black colour scheme of the living and dining room area and kitchen looks very nice. Very nice breakfast bar areea! Sims will enjoy looking at the water views through the windows there, whilst sitting on the stools eating a meal. The design of the kitchen, with the workbench counters nook, looks great!
    Very nice colour schemes of the bedrooms. Very nice outdoors living areas! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas in the sunshine. Very nice pool and meditation area for Sims to enjoy swimming in the water, or restfully do yoga on the mats or meditate on the stool. The bamboo trees are very calming.
    It is a very nice modern home! :)
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    These are some beautiful homes<3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow and @huniboo1. This last one actually came together pretty quickly, well, at least for me it did! I usually need the full time allotted to pull my builds together.
  • Options
    Where...where did everybody go?
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Socking away builds while waiting for the gallery to come back?
  • Options
    Socking away builds while waiting for the gallery to come back?

Oooo. Makes sense. Silly gallery.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Finally caught the gallery working and was able to upload my house. I'm not great at building modern homes so I stuck with a more traditional exterior and coupled it with mostly modern interior and decor. I gave her daughters the master bedroom on the second floor and put the parents in the basement so they could have some privacy. ;)

House Name: Sutton Place
    Total Cost Furnished: $166,289
    Lot Size: 40 x 20 in Newcrest
    Origin ID: Kelleygirl
    Gallery name of Lot: Sutton Place
    (helpful, but not required) Link to CC included: https://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com/
    house uses items from just about everything Peacemaker has ever created :)
    Photos:
    [img][/img]15expxy.jpg
    [img][/img]2i8buo9.jpg
    Top view, main floor:
    [img][/img]15wxg87.jpg
    Top view, second floor:
    [img][/img]2j61fed.jpg
    Top view, basement:
    [img][/img]bdtnrm.jpg
    Entrance hall and stairway to 2nd floor:
    [img][/img]260y1c7.jpg
    [img][/img]radpav.jpg
    [img][/img]23sirly.jpg
    Great room:
    [img][/img]2e0u71w.jpg
    [img][/img]160xydf.jpg
    Kitchen:
    [img][/img]qpfb13.jpg
    Her daughters' bedroom (originally master bedroom) and adjoining bathroom:
    [img][/img]1zztctg.jpg
    [img][/img]2lu2e4y.jpg
    His son's bedroom:
    [img][/img]2eku9gw.jpg
    [img][/img]2hobaz7.jpg
    His daughter's bedroom:
    [img][/img]358dutt.jpg
    Upstairs bathroom shared by his daughter and son:
    [img][/img]2mrzh1k.jpg
    Master bedroom and bath, located in basement:
    [img][/img]i3fcbr.jpg
    [img][/img]10eh5q0.jpg
    Basement den and teenager hangout room with gaming console:
    [img][/img]34opthc.jpg
    [img][/img]1z6s3ya.jpg
  • Options
    Very nice exterior design of Sutton Place! @Kelleygirl :) The white wooden siding and brown brick wall textures look very nice together. The flowers on the edges of the front pathway look very pretty! Very nice outdoors dining nook on the back porch. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals in the outdoors air at the umbrella covered table. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The layout reflects the floor plan well! The design of the Great room is very nice! The white, purple and grey colour scheme gives a very nice look and feel to the room. The island bar stool counter in the kitchen looks great. The cherry blossom flooring in the daughters’ bedroom looks so very pretty! Nice computer desk nook in the son’s bedroom for him to enjoy sitting there at the desk using the computer. The yellow colour of the other daughter’s bedrock looks very pretty. The patterned floor rugs there and in the master bedroom a very nice touches there. Very nice pink and grey colour scheme of the master bedroom. The grey brick wall and the pink patterned floor rug complement each other very well. Sims will have fun playing console games in the teenager hangout room.
    It is a very nice modern family home! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow, thank you so much for your kind comments! :)
  • Options
    chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    This looks like fun. I'm late to the game this round, and going away this weekend, so I'm not going to try to rush something out. But I'll definitely jump in on the next round
  • Options
    Hello @chluke75 :) I will look forward to seeing your entry for the next challenge. I hope that you will enjoy building and furnishing thr home :)
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    @Kelleygirl I like that you have the teen hangout on the same floor as the parents bedroom! Good call for subtle supervision.
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER , during my lifetime I've raised several sets of stepkids and learned early on the value of keeping a close eye on them LOL. :)
  • Options
    Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    @Rostri-Jodu Wow! your house is stunning! you really have an eye for interior design! Every room is so beautiful! I absolutely love what you did with the outside and the landscaping being a huge pool! Just gorgeous.
    Where...where did everybody go?

I went on vacation to a cabin out in the middle of nowhere lol no internet or phone service for a while is good for the soul. <3

@Kelleygirl Your house turned out so beautiful! I love all of the pinks and purples throughout the house, they really pop! You did such a great job on the outside of the house too! I went totally out there with mine because I had no Idea how to make it look good as a stand alone house, you really did an amazing job <3

@chluke75 Hi! I can't wait to see your builds on the next challenge!
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    Phew! I saw everyone else's amazing builds so I decided on a whim to have a quick go... Three days later and I'm done haha.

Apologies for not being able to post pictures yet :(

House Name: Modern Blend
    Total Cost Furnished:
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Origin ID: fwoomage
    Gallery name of Lot: Modern Blend
    (helpful, but not required) Link to CC included: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12k6gjr_dU4gFy5vz_U44jBzUW4sg4uraZ9diV4GiHUk/edit?usp=sharing
    Photos: Can't add pics just yet, so please visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/160424649@N02/albums/72157700799185974

That was fun :D
  • Options
    Hello @ohSnap :) Congratulations on becoming a menber! You are now able to post pictures. The exterior design and outdoors areas of Modern Blend are very nice! Very nice pool nook for Sims to enjoy swimming in the water. The water fountains feature is very nice. Very nice outdoors dining patio for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the table in the outside air under the shade of the umbrella. The pots of flowers look very pretty. It looks very nice how the outdoors sections have been separated off. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The music room is very nice! The floral wall paper gives a very nice look to the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating listening to the musical instruments being played. Very nice furnishing and colour schemes of the open plan living, dining and kitchen area. The corner sofa seat tv watching and sitting nook is very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sunny yellow sofa or cute animal armchair watching tv. The island bar stool counter looks great! The different coloured dining chairs look very nice at the dining table . The kitchen wall pattern looks nice. The design and colour schemes of each of the bedrooms looks very nice.
    The sunset skies pictures of the home look so very nice, scenic and calming! It is a very nice family home! :)
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks @rosemow You always manage to give such detailed reviews of people's creations :)