Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 2018
    As always, @rosemow, thank you for your generous and kind review of my build. This challenge was a lot of fun! I can't wait for the next one.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    This looks like fun. I'm probably crazy to take on another build challenge, but I want to see what the next one is anyway.
    image.png
  • StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    Sorry guys!! We had a crazy day yesterday and ended up having to take my kiddo in for minor surgery. So!!! I'll be getting the new challenge up here in a few moments!! Thanks for being patient!
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
    Week Two:

Okay guys!! Your next clients, they are a blended family, She has 2 girls ages 10 and 11 and he has a girl and a boy ages 13 and 16! They are getting married and want a new place to call home for their newly blended family!

WTDUpn2.jpg

Here is the floorplan they'd like to see, they love a more modern feel to their home, and the understand that because stairs are wonky sometimes, they may need to be played with a little and moved around. Feel free to do that!

They do love the garage space on this floor plan and would love to see what that will look like for them.

They also need space for the kids to sleep, and work space for their budding gamers.

Floor plan credit goes to these amazing builders .

PS. I've actually been inside this floorplan! :)

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Sorry guys!! We had a crazy day yesterday and ended up having to take my kiddo in for minor surgery. So!!! I'll be getting the new challenge up here in a few moments!! Thanks for being patient!

Unacceptable! Sims ALWAYS comes before real life emergencies.

Kidding! Totally kidding!

Sorry to hear about the kiddo and that minor surgery was required. Hopefully they are okay now and will recover quickly. Please, do not worry about here or us. Take care of you and them. Contrary to my initial statement, real life always, 100 percent, without fail, every, single, time comes first.

Sincerely,
    Ro
    Entry Form

House Name: Greene Pasadeene
    Total Cost Furnished: $232,538
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Origin ID: Rostrijodu
    Link to Lot: Greene Pasadeene
    Link to CC: No CC Used, Only Moo
    Photos:

lyrWqVO.png
    Greene Pasadeene by Day
    P6i7T8b.png
    Greene Pasadeene at Sunset

IaxjPmu.png
    Greene Pasadeene by Night

E5gwmYQ.png
    Greene Pasadeene at Sunrise

QRFNmcK.png
    A View from Above

QeK7qzO.png
    Covered Porch

yq9fywj.png
    Outdoor Seating

DzyPSwH.png
    Grilling Porch

jB6aETv.png
    Outdoor Patio

OuJfZKC.png
    Covered Gardening Space

WJcEKQl.png
    Great Room w. Gas Fireplace

RGzg2IB.png
    Dining Room

35lnliY.png
    Kitchen (w. Functioning Angled Island!)

rPP5cHV.png
    Breakfast Room

nrinAqT.png
    Vestibule w. Kid's Nook & Storage Bench

Cb3KUmL.png
    Laundry Room

cWF3OI6.png
    Computer Center

jbY4CDt.png
    Bedroom Number 3

iabBrGp.png
    Linen Closet

yXiVgAU.png
    Bathroom

UDUpUf8.png
    Bedroom Number 2 (aka Nursery)

zSciP2G.png
    Master Suite

mUhEivy.png
    Master Bath w. Glass Shower, Whirlpool Tub & Knee Space

R7kpKYd.png
    Master Walk-In Closet

dIlDhoW.png
    Bonus Room from Above

hYiYg8K.png
    Bonus Room w. Movie Screen, Meditation Space, Games, Bar, Piano & Dancefloor!

The more I look at the details here, the more I love it!! I love the outdoor garden space! You did an amazing job and I'm excited to see what you come up with for this weeks.

Unacceptable! Sims ALWAYS comes before real life emergencies.

Kidding! Totally kidding!

Sorry to hear about the kiddo and that minor surgery was required. Hopefully they are okay now and will recover quickly. Please, do not worry about here or us. Take care of you and them. Contrary to my initial statement, real life always, 100 percent, without fail, every, single, time comes first.

Sincerely,
    Ro

Hehehe right!! The kid should know better at this point!!

Don't worry, I wasn't even thinking about sims yesterday. ;) the kiddo is good today, back to school, missing two teeth she dodnt expect to be missing, but, shes a tough cookie.

Thank you!!

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry to hear that your child needed to have surgery :( I hope that her healing continues to go smmothly. Sending hugs to her and to you <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Strongbumblebee - this is a cool build challenge. I have never built anything from a floorplan before. Great idea!
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2018
    I just saw this on the Friday Highlights and it sounds so cool! I was wondering if on the lot we had to stick to the blueprint or could we make it so the blueprint is mirrored to make a 2nd house on the same lot? (Kinda like those houses that are conjoined)
    Edit: Also! Can we make the basement slightly finished? Like make it a family lounge area?
    h87xNtp.jpg
    HEW310 wrote: »
    I just saw this on the Friday Highlights and it sounds so cool! I was wondering if on the lot we had to stick to the blueprint or could we make it so the blueprint is mirrored to make a 2nd house on the same lot? (Kinda like those houses that are conjoined)
    Edit: Also! Can we make the basement slightly finished? Like make it a family lounge area?

Yeah for sure!! That's how these houses are actually set up. (this particular floor plan is my boyfriends house LOL his is mirrored to this plan though.)

Yeah for sure!! That's how these houses are actually set up. (this particular floor plan is my boyfriends house LOL his is mirrored to this plan though.)
    Thanks so much! :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Entry Form

House Name: Greene Pasadeene
    Total Cost Furnished: $232,538
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Origin ID: Rostrijodu
    Link to Lot: Greene Pasadeene
    Link to CC: No CC Used, Only Moo
    Photos:

lyrWqVO.png
    Greene Pasadeene by Day
    P6i7T8b.png
    Greene Pasadeene at Sunset

IaxjPmu.png
    Greene Pasadeene by Night

E5gwmYQ.png
    Greene Pasadeene at Sunrise

QRFNmcK.png
    A View from Above

QeK7qzO.png
    Covered Porch

yq9fywj.png
    Outdoor Seating

DzyPSwH.png
    Grilling Porch

jB6aETv.png
    Outdoor Patio

OuJfZKC.png
    Covered Gardening Space

WJcEKQl.png
    Great Room w. Gas Fireplace

RGzg2IB.png
    Dining Room

35lnliY.png
    Kitchen (w. Functioning Angled Island!)

rPP5cHV.png
    Breakfast Room

nrinAqT.png
    Vestibule w. Kid's Nook & Storage Bench

Cb3KUmL.png
    Laundry Room

cWF3OI6.png
    Computer Center

jbY4CDt.png
    Bedroom Number 3

iabBrGp.png
    Linen Closet

yXiVgAU.png
    Bathroom

UDUpUf8.png
    Bedroom Number 2 (aka Nursery)

zSciP2G.png
    Master Suite

mUhEivy.png
    Master Bath w. Glass Shower, Whirlpool Tub & Knee Space

R7kpKYd.png
    Master Walk-In Closet

dIlDhoW.png
    Bonus Room from Above

hYiYg8K.png
    Bonus Room w. Movie Screen, Meditation Space, Games, Bar, Piano & Dancefloor!

The more I look at the details here, the more I love it!! I love the outdoor garden space! You did an amazing job and I'm excited to see what you come up with for this weeks.

Looks stunning!
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I am in the process of making the house for this challenge. I am not much a builder so I thought I would give it a go. I have just got to furnish the house and then I am done.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I'm working on my entry; having just as much fun with this one as I did the first one! I broke down and bought the Laundry Day stuff pack so I could deck out the laundry room properly. :):):)
    It is great that you are doing the challenge! @xxnearlyperfectx :) I hope that your furnishing of the home goes well. I will look forward to seeing your home :)
  • Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    @Rostri-Jodu Your finished house looks amazing! I especially love the outside areas! you did a fantastic job <3

@TresaofPern yes! I hope you join in this is a fun one!

@Strongbumblebee Oh My Goodness! I hope your daughter is recovering well! Your story reminds me of when I was little and my brother accidently knocked my sisters two front teeth out with a teeter totter! hopefully she is still young enough that the teeth she lost were going to be lost eventually anyway! Also, This new floorplan is lovely! I noticed that the sides of the house has no windows, but that's because of what you said about is being like a townhouse, where they are all connected right? Well I went with the "modern" theme and made it a stand alone house with some cool outside features. I'm still working on the inside and have a lot of landscaping to do but it's coming along. I can't wait to post pictures! Also, I noticed that there are only three bedrooms in this floor plan but 4 kids and 2 parents are to be living there. I set up one room for the parents, one room for the 2 younger girls to share, and the last room for the 13 year old boy. I really don't think a 16 year old girl would want to share a space with a 13 year old boy or two pre-teens, so I was thinking of setting up part of the basement for her bedroom. What do you think?

@SoulGal7 This challenge is so much fun! I hope you join, your builds are great!

@xxnearlyperfectx and @Kelleygirl I can't wait to see your houses!

Sbodine89 wrote: »
    Also, I noticed that there are only three bedrooms in this floor plan but 4 kids and 2 parents are to be living there. I set up one room for the parents, one room for the 2 younger girls to share, and the last room for the 13 year old boy. I really don't think a 16 year old girl would want to share a space with a 13 year old boy or two pre-teens, so I was thinking of setting up part of the basement for her bedroom. What do you think?

I thought the same thing! Instead of keeping the basement unfinished, I added a bedroom and an office down there. I gave the boy the room downstairs and then gave the 13 year old girl the upstairs bedroom next to her step-sisters. (Also funny to see how I took the prompt as the girl was 13 and the boy was 16, while you viewed it as the other way!)
    h87xNtp.jpg
    @HEW310 You're probably correct, I'm a bit dyslexic sometimes! >_< haha!
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I also made a bedroom in the basement; I started to give it to the sixteen-year-old boy but then I remembered that as a teenager, my bedroom was on the other side of the house and I used to sneak people in at night. So I stuck him upstairs on the same floor as the girls so that if he tries any foolishness, they'll tell on him. ;)

I gave the master bedroom to the wife's two daughters. They're spoiled anyway and it'll probably cause trouble later in the marriage haha....

I'm actually having a hard time with the exterior, can't wait to see what everyone else has done!
    Entry Form
    House Name: Modern Swerve
    Total Cost Furnished: 223,246
    Lot Size: 40x20
    Origin ID: Sbodine1989
    Gallery Link to Lot: Modern Swerve
    (helpful, but not required) Link to CC included: No CC only MOO
    About my build: I tried to keep the build in the modern theme as much as possible. I decorated the entire house with a slight black and white overtone.
    Brace yourselves there are a LOT of pictures in the spoiler!
    Photos:
    qg2UYRY.png
    Front day time
    k40o5YK.png
    front cloudy
    tktJ7Uv.png
    front night time
    tX7SvTq.png
    front side
    B8nHtlc.png
    backyard
    NLgIl94.png
    second floor floor plan
    Zcyl3PQ.png
    first floor floor plan
    Ta89Lvk.png
    basement floor plan
    HbV2uyJ.png
    Front Entryway/hallway
    vyeq10g.png
    front powder room
    T4Th1qE.png
    stairway
    pCBWPsJ.png
    mGRNAbI.png
    xUQrWHE.png
    Garage entry
    0yqvmja.png
    garage
    nDovOy5.png
    L7uxnMK.png
    living room
    qTT8pTV.png
    dining areas
    3lcVjiO.png
    kitchen
    IRH4nL2.png
    downstairs walk-in cellar
    OklyLTu.png
    G0GZXsj.png
    downstairs hallway
    tyWyDHp.png
    basement gamer work space
    1nWElPG.png
    llBZy1W.png
    under stairs storage room
    svQ091w.png
    basement teenage girls bedroom
    ycHaYQX.png
    VfGUPBV.png
    upstairs stairway/hall
    UeD5dza.png
    L5LNZO5.png
    x0xQfRm.png
    bedroom for 2 young girls
    O2KVTj5.png
    0Q0OkcM.png
    teenage boy bedroom
    R1hjUDg.png
    t79uj4o.png
    upstairs bathroom
    ssQKk60.png
    upstairs laundry room
    4AbfdeN.png
    wU0UGvN.png
    master bedroom
    yZR0TBR.png
    master bathroom
    PlcA2j8.png
    KuYnKQy.png
    Master walk-in closet
    IZRx6id.png
    edited August 2018
    The exterior design of Modern Swerve is very creatively nice! @Sbodine89 :) The roofing looks very great! Very nice backyard area for the Sims to have fun on the water slippery slide and on the swings. They will enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the umbrella covered table. Very nice black and white colour scheme of the home! You have reflected the floor plan very well! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! There are many special features in the home! It is great that there is a walk in cellar! The design of it looks very nice. It looks great how the cabinets have been used in the garage. It looks great the way the windows have been used to create the staircase nook. The basement gamer workspace looks a very nice place for the Sims to enjoy having fun playing the computer games, console games, video games in the game cube and arcade machine games. Very nice furnishing and layout of each of the bedrooms! The pictures and posters on the bedroom walls add a nice look to the rooms. The master walk -in closet looks very nice with the clothes and shoes racks, and the folded clothing in the laundry baskets. It looks very nice the way the photos and posters/pictures are placed on the hallway walls in the home.
    It is a very nice modern family home for the Sims household :)
    @rosemow Thank you so much! This build was a challenge for me and I love challenges!