Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing carpool...

Things like this just always pops up after a time in my games and usually, I get discouraged and quit. But I have something good going now with several saved games, and feel I can't just start everything over twice a week because something glicthes :/

As the title says, the carpool and the prompt to go to work in one of my games is no longer there. Things I have tried to fix it includes evicting the household, deleting the cache files and even taken the saves folder out and put it back into a new game folder. None of it has had any impact. Are any of you able to offer advice on how to get this back in a working order? I really hope sp :#

The "invisible Sim" issues has hit a few times as well where the Sim gets stuck under the floor. Normally, I can fix it by going to a mirror or dresser and then exit. But not yesterday. Resetting the Sim didn't work either. But changing households did the trick for some obscure reason.

I'm reminded that a return to TS3 is a return to glicth/bug-land :D Sims games in a nutshell at times.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    I lose track here pretty easily sometimes, but are you using mods at all?

NRaas StoryProgression controls the carpool system. There are other less heavy mods from other sources that also do so, Buzzler has a couple on MTS. But many of us prefer to send actively being played sims to work/school on our own anyway especially if they own their own vehicles and prefer to keep the car pools (and sometimes school buses) deactivated.

The full Edit Town method with or without mods, in case this isn't what you were already doing, is evict, copy the residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace the lot, then move everyone back in.

NRaas MasterController will fix the invisible sim issue by using it to re-select their current outfit without having to drag them to a mirror or dresser or change households to do so especially if it's an inactive sim so affected. NRaas DebugEnabler has a Fix Invisible Sims command that will try to find all sims in town suffering from this and fix them all at once. I find it to be usually around 80% or 90% effective, it does miss some occasionally. I don't know of any other ways to fix these without mods other than dragging the sims individually into some interface that will change their outfits.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I actually don't use any mods currently, but I am familiar with some of NRaas' mods. I wasn't aware that many prefer full control like you described, and I didn't know I needed to replace the lot as well. Don't think I have ever used the DebugEnabler specifically. Oh well, time to head over and grab me some mods.

By the way, I'm glad NRaas is still active. I was afraid it had been more or less abandoned due to TS4 being out and popular.

Thanks, @igazor

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    (scratches head) What is this "TS4" thing of which you speak? We've heard some rumors, but not sure about this... >:)

Just kidding, we'll be around through the impending closure of Wikispaces as we're about to move to our new site, and for as long as there is demand for the mods and their support. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net