The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLUE / CLUEDO! [ Rose Wins! ]

the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
edited August 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Disclaimer: This isn't a Mafia Game, I realise the format below looks similar to one, but this shouldn't be confused with one :)

H086vBj.png

Before I get into the instructions of this game, I quickly want to explain what this is all about. Last night I played Cluedo ("Clue" in the US) for the first time in ages, and I suddenly remembered just how fun it can be to play. As someone who enjoys playing Mafia Games here on The Sims Forum, I also realised how similar Cluedo is to those games - so because of this, I've tried to figure out a way to play Cluedo here online, and I think I've managed to find a way that works and is also fun.

Generally, the game will work the same as the board game, however a few things have had to be tweaked so that it can run smoothly, below are the instructions and how this game will work:

Cluedo is a popular board game originally produced by Parker Brothers. It has been a family favorite for generations. The object of the game is to solve a murder. Who did it? With what weapon? In which room? As you make suggestions about the murder suspect, weapon, and location, you will eliminate possibilities and get closer to the truth.

As the host, I won't be playing this game - instead, I shall be acting as a way to make sure the game runs smoothly, and will be in-charge of managing the cards that'll be secretly revealed to other players.

Once there are enough players in the game, I will send each player's cards which will consist of Rooms, Suspects and Weapons - these cards should not be revealed to any other player. In your PM, you will also receive a notes sheet, feel free to either fill it out in the PM, or copy it onto a Word Document to fill out there.

Once everyone has received their cards, the game will begin. A picture of the Board's Current state will be posted, and the first player will be notified that it is their turn. They will be asked to pick 2 cards out of a deck of 12 - this will act as the dice. Please note that the cards won't correspond to the number underneath (ie: Card A won't equal the Number 1), and will be randomly chosen via random.org.

Then, the first player will be able to move as many tiles as they want, as long as it isn't higher than what they rolled with their dice. The board will have coordinates on them so that you can make it clear which tile you would like to move to.

If you are in a room, you may move a suspect and a weapon into that room to investigate them. The next person on the list will be notified that they must PM me which card they would like to reveal to the current player which match up to what has been investigated - if they do not have any cards which meet this criteria, the thread will be notified that the next person should get ready to PM me with the cards they'd like to reveal. This will go on until the current player has had a card revealed to them.

This cycle will then carry on until someone makes their final guess - to do this, you must bolden your accusation once it's your turn, and before you move your counter. Your guess must be placed in bold, otherwise it won't be treated seriously. If your guess was right then the game ends, and you have won. If you guessed incorrectly, you will be out of the game and can no longer make any more accusations, but you will still be asked to reveal cards to other players, if necessary.

Final Accusations must look something like this: "Final Accusation - Suspect / Weapon / Room" (The order doesn't matter).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the thread, or ask via PM.

Whilst the game is underway, you are allowed to talk On-Topic, as well as Off-Topic. Just remember though that revealing your suspicions may not be wise as this could give other players a great advantage.

I should also add, do not edit your posts - if something is irritating you, then please quote it and make the necessary corrections. This only becomes an issue when you make your final accusation, but to make it easier, I might as well ban editing posts entirely :)
Post edited by the_greenplumbob on

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited August 2018
    Post edited by the_greenplumbob on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll be Reverend Green! If more than 6 sign up, I can be Lord Gray because he's my favorite
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'll be Reverend Green! If more than 6 sign up, I can be Lord Gray because he's my favorite

Thank you :smiley:
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I claim Mrs. Peafowl!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    edited August 2018
    I claim Mrs. Peafowl!

Added, thank you :) Incase you're wondering why it's Mrs. Peafowl and not Mrs. Peac*ck, it's because her name gets censored out.
    Yeah, this forum hates peac ocks :'(

(At first I thought her name was Mrs. Peafowl in the UK version)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I claim Mrs. Peafowl!

Added, thank you :) Incase you're wondering why it's Mrs. Peafowl and not Mrs. Peac*ck, it's because her name gets censored out.

I figured as much. :joy: Is that also why it's "Cluedo" and not "Clue"?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    I claim Mrs. Peafowl!

I figured as much. :joy: Is that also why it's "Cluedo" and not "Clue"?

I only found out today that the UK and USA have different titles for the game :joy: In the UK it's called Cluedo so that's why I called the thread Cluedo, but I'm going to rename it now so that less people get confused about what I'm actually talking about :joy:
    I actually knew about the naming difference because we have a travel-sized board that's named Cluedo, and an electronic version named Clue FX

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I will play. I will be Dr. Orchid? I like the name.

I don't know how to play Clue.
    unknown.png
    Yeah, this forum hates peac ocks :'(

(At first I thought her name was Mrs. Peafowl in the UK version)

I write peacook to avoid it :lol:
    unknown.png

Essentially you're trying to guess who the murderer was, where the murder happened and what they used to commit the crime. You'll move around the board into different rooms and ask to bring a weapon and suspect into that room so you can make an accusation - the player next to you will then show you one of their cards that could disprove your accusation (so say you brought Miss Scarlett into the Library and said she used the rope, the player next to you may show you the 'Rope Card', so you now know that the rope wasn't used).
    edited August 2018

Essentially you're trying to guess who the murderer was, where the murder happened and what they used to commit the crime. You'll move around the board into different rooms and ask to bring a weapon and suspect into that room so you can make an accusation - the player next to you will then show you one of their cards that could disprove your accusation (so say you brought Miss Scarlett into the Library and said she used the rope, the player next to you may show you the 'Rope Card', so you now know that the rope wasn't used).

I accuse Icey of killing him with an icicle on the frozen lake.
    unknown.png

I accuse Icey of killing him with an icicle on the frozen lake.

That’s... correct?

Wow - game over everyone! Thanks for playing :joy:
    I actually knew about the naming difference because we have a travel-sized board that's named Cluedo, and an electronic version named Clue FX

Clue FX is a different game though, I've seen different versions.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Ill play. Im Scarlet
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Ooh, I'll play. I'll be Mustard.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Me!!!
    MPy9H9S.gif
    Ill play. Im Scarlet
    Ooh, I'll play. I'll be Mustard.
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »
    Me!!!

Thank you! :smiley:

Luna, the only character left is Professor Plum, I'm guessing you're ok with him :)
    edited August 2018
    We now have 6 players, so I could start the game now - but for now, I'm going to add Miss Peach and Lord Grey, so we could hopefully play with 8. If it takes too long to get 8 players then I'll go back to 6 instead :)
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I would like to play this. There’s been other attempts many yeRs ago fir this. I think Katie? Maybe she did life lol.

Anyway, I’ll play. Miss Peach. Or whoever you need.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Oh. It’s full. I’ll be a sub then.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I would like to play this. There’s been other attempts many yeRs ago fir this. I think Katie? Maybe she did life lol.

Anyway, I’ll play. Miss Peach. Or whoever you need.

Don't worry, I'm going to try and get 8 now instead - I'll put you down as Miss Peach :)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    What? You don't want Grey, Lala?
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Yeah I don't mind my character, don't worry!
    MPy9H9S.gif