Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a few things that is not optimal

andreasaspenbergandreasaspenberg Posts: 53 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
1: first sim created can not be vampire or alien. this is a step down from the sims 3 where all sims can be vampires from the start(supernatural expansion required).
2: toddlers still have use diaper when wearing swimwear that clearly does not have a diaper underneath. they should add specific scripts to change that so that toddlers with swim wear, instead have use followed by type of swim wear, naturally leaving a puddle on the ground.
3: toddlers still use diapers after finishing potty training. this makes absolutely no sense from a realism point of view. they should add an option to change to regular underwear, both under potty training and after finished potty training. some people potty train kids with regular underwear while some people potty train kids with diapers.
4: lack of control over pets. this is another step down from the sims 3 where pets could be controlled(those created in create a sim that is).
5: lack of open world. this is a third thing that is a step down from the sims 3. I know of course that the initial use of a 32 bit executable made it hopeless to have it but now that the sims 3 have a 64 bit executable it can be done.

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    1: first sim created can not be vampire or alien. this is a step down from the sims 3 where all sims can be vampires from the start(supernatural expansion required).
    2: toddlers still have use diaper when wearing swimwear that clearly does not have a diaper underneath. they should add specific scripts to change that so that toddlers with swim wear, instead have use followed by type of swim wear, naturally leaving a puddle on the ground.
    3: toddlers still use diapers after finishing potty training. this makes absolutely no sense from a realism point of view. they should add an option to change to regular underwear, both under potty training and after finished potty training. some people potty train kids with regular underwear while some people potty train kids with diapers.
    4: lack of control over pets. this is another step down from the sims 3 where pets could be controlled(those created in create a sim that is).
    5: lack of open world. this is a third thing that is a step down from the sims 3. I know of course that the initial use of a 32 bit executable made it hopeless to have it but now that the sims 3 have a 64 bit executable it can be done.

For number 5 never going to happen in Sims 4, Imho this an feature that is better added in at the beginning stages of development. If there is another version being developed it may show up then.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Regarding 4... I don't really feel the need to control pets. But I do think I should be able to see their needs instead of having to "ask what's wrong". And more than this I just wish they weren't bugged to oblivion -- enough that after having had one cat and one dog, if my current Legacy Heir weren't on the randomly assigned "Friend of Animals" aspiration, I am not sure I'd adopt another one for the rest of the Legacy. And I'm only 3 generations in.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    You can create vampires in CAS..? Or am I misunderstanding 1?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You can create vampires in CAS.
    Yes, my Amelda is proof of that haha. Which is why I wondered if the OP means something else. It’s not possible to take a human sim to CAS and then turn them, maybe that?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2018
    I might know what the OP is talking about with #1: When I go into CAS, if I just start editing the sim that's there, or even hit the randomize button and get a new one, I can't figure out how to make THAT sim a vampire. I can create a new sim that's a vampire or alien, but... is there a way to make that first sim an occult sim? Or to download a non-vampire sim from the gallery and then make it a vampire? I feel like I'm just missing something really obvious, though. Surely that can be done?

ETA: The easiest fix I found for that one was just to take my non-vampire sim into the game and have them turned. I guess that wouldn't work for aliens though.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    edited August 2018
    @simsinmysleep Yes, I've found that too and indeed that's odd. But it's the "where all sims can be vampires from the start" that confused me, because my sim was a vampire from the start ;) You just have to remember to do that right away when you start creating them. Which, again, is strange and a nuisance indeed.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Regarding 4... I don't really feel the need to control pets. But I do think I should be able to see their needs instead of having to "ask what's wrong".

I agree. I'd also love to be able to see their traits and genealogy (family tree).
  • andreasaspenbergandreasaspenberg Posts: 53 Member
    in the sims 3, the initial sim created in the sim creator can be turned into a vampire. in the sims 4 however, I have to create a new sim to get a vampire. that is what makes it a step down from the sims 3. think the sims 1 and 2 had the ability to see the needs of the animals. that makes the sims 4 a step down even from the sims 1(in regards to pets). If you want me to explain the other points you just need to ask. I am going to stick around.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I might know what the OP is talking about with #1: When I go into CAS, if I just start editing the sim that's there, or even hit the randomize button and get a new one, I can't figure out how to make THAT sim a vampire. I can create a new sim that's a vampire or alien, but... is there a way to make that first sim an occult sim? Or to download a non-vampire sim from the gallery and then make it a vampire? I feel like I'm just missing something really obvious, though. Surely that can be done?

ETA: The easiest fix I found for that one was just to take my non-vampire sim into the game and have them turned. I guess that wouldn't work for aliens though.

the easiest fix is traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    None of these things bother me honestly. These are honestly just preferences you liked more about sims 3. Honestly I hated open worlds. My game glitched too much. Also the toddlers still wearing diapers don’t bother me at all.. and neither does creating a second sim as a vampire and then just deleting the start sim when you start making sims in CAS.

I am actually super aggravated by things in the game that are fixable. Like piles of leaves. And my sims not engaging in conversation anymore. And teleporting in middle of actions like washing dishes. Those things aren’t optimal.
  • andreasaspenbergandreasaspenberg Posts: 53 Member
    those issues should certainly be fixed, not that I have ever encountered them. one issue I found was that the eating animation was not optimal. open world however is very important to me and the main reason why I still prefer the sims 3.