Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in a werewolf pack?

124...Next

Comments

• MarshMarsh Posts: 47 Member
    I like the 3 stages idea that Magdaleena mentioned. I don't know how they would put it in (for the third stage they'd have to create an entirely new model with animations that's controllable by the player) even better would be gradually transforming werewolves that change as the moon changes phases (again, that would be difficult to implement but it would be cool)

I'd also like them to do like they did with vampires where they have a skill system and hierarchy. Maybe the top level would be Alpha Werewolf? Also a way to customize the werewolf form like they did with vampires and their "dark form".

Different skills could be werewolf strength (they don't get tired from working out), wolf sense of smell (easier time getting rare items), part of the pack (easier time with dogs and cats or just dogs maybe since they're related to wolves).

A new thing could maybe be something where their hunger is only filled by meals with meat in them since wolves are carnivores.
    screenshdot-251.png
    https://bleedingnegative.files.wordpress.com/
    Marshall. California. Been playing since 2004!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Because Cats & Dogs doesn't allow us to play as a pet, I doubt that we'll be able to become real wolves unless you want them to be unplayable too. Then, how would you change back without control of that wolf?

All I want is a more scary werewolf, not a hairy sim that will fetch the paper (which doesn't exist anymore any way). I want a werewolf that looks like the one on the hanging object that look sort of like a birds house with a scary wolf under it. Something more Lupin-like. Fangs and claws.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Before Sims 3 Supernatural came out, Simmers were speculating on how Werewolves would look, and the suggestions were either a modified Dog (assuming they come with pets, which they didn't) or like the Werewolf in Van Helsing or Skyrim.
    The way how terrible Werewolves were in Sims 3, and subsequently how unpopular they were, I am afraid they might not do Werewolves at all.
    I do hope I am wrong.
    I would totally want them to look like the statue in Vampires GP. Really not into the Portrait in Spooky Stuff SP.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Q: What would you like to see in a werewolf pack?

A: Squirrels :tongue:

So my werewolf sims can chase 'em! :lol: I like having a bit of lighthearted fun with my sims to go along with the more serious stuff. :)

Werewolves would combine well with the club system, as others have pointed out. I imagine it's a pack the developers would love to create!

Having non-weres able to use scents to repel or attract werewolves would be good. I'd wish for the ability to lay a false scent trail leading up to a trap, but there's nothing like that for the vampires, so I doubt it'd be done even if we do eventually get werewolves.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    Honestly I’d like it. Playing with life states is one of my favorite things to do in the sims. Personally I’d like them to be more fun and quirky as supposed to the sims 3 life states which were a bit more dark and took themselves too seriously. If that makes any sense...
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    Dogmen. They exist in real life where I live. So why not put them in the game?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I just want AMAZING build/buy assets in
    Werewolf pack since I dont enjoy playing occult sims at all. I really loved all the items in the Vampires pack and was very glad I bought it even though I never play with actual vampire sims.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Q: What would you like to see in a werewolf pack?

A: Squirrels :tongue:

So my werewolf sims can chase 'em! :lol: I like having a bit of lighthearted fun with my sims to go along with the more serious stuff. :)

Werewolves would combine well with the club system, as others have pointed out. I imagine it's a pack the developers would love to create!

Having non-weres able to use scents to repel or attract werewolves would be good. I'd wish for the ability to lay a false scent trail leading up to a trap, but there's nothing like that for the vampires, so I doubt it'd be done even if we do eventually get werewolves.

Same here! I'd kinda like a butt-sniffing interaction in the introductions because funny.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Now, I'm not super deep into werewolf lore, but clearly a lot of you guys are, and it would be really neat to see all of these things!! I absolutely hope they're taking community suggestions like these, because this is a good thread.

The only thing I can think of myself, is that I just want them to look like those statues from the vampire pack. Have it be their alternate form, and have it be customizable. Let me draw on the markings like I can do with dogs. Modify the snout length, ears, etc, basically merge the sim editor with the dog editor? Sort of? Would that be too far-fetched?

Maybe there would even be three forms. There's the human, the mid-form and the beast form.

The mid form would be like this:
    wFvYuMf.png

The beast form would be like this:
    vz1zboQ.png

Also, body hair would be good to have. Vampires gave us customizable teeth, let the werewolves give us options for body hair. Yes.

Yes!!!

I love having my vampires duel each other, I want my werewolves to be able to duel other werewolves and vampires <3

Dueling is so important for me because that gives me just a little bit of thrill, it gets just a tiny bit of adrenaline going so it feel exciting to play my supernaturals.

Give me some action folks B)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2018
    Well, you can click the link in my signature to see the rundown of things I'd like to see from werewolves I wrote not long after TS4 launched. However, some key things I want are:

1. Full wolf form transformation.

2. Customizable werewolf form, including things like fur textures for skin, wolf ears and noses, tails, the ability to stretch a sim's face our further than the current max limit to make a respectable muzzle. In short, I want to be able to make my sim's werewolf form more wolf-like instead of that lame "wolfman" look from the previous games. Also, I want to be able to do meaningful body type changes between forms.

3. A ton of special interactions, both cute and edgy. I want to be able to play each werewolf sim according to the personality I give them, and that includes their lycanthropic behavior. If I want one werewolf who's a brooding edgelord who doesn't do fetch and is tormented by his inner beast, I want to be able to do that. If I want him to have a roomie who is also a werewolf, but is a huge goofball who who gives people the cute puppydog eyes, chases his tail, plays fetch with himself, and has a totally chill inner wolf, I want to be able to do that too. Don't program in what kind of werewolf my characters have to be, give me a spectrum of options and let me decide who's who.

4. Not just one special recipe, but at least three. I want Steak Tartar for a gourmet meal, Rare Steak for a regular meal, and straight-up raw meat for a quick meal. I'm still disappointed about how special foods were handled for vampires, and I want to see it explored more with werewolves...especially considering bestial cravings are a signature symptom of lycanthropy.

5. Collars, chains, pentagram tattoos, and lots of shaggy/wild hairstyles. I mean, can a sister get some mullets, rat tails, super-long hair, spiky anime hair, and super-shaggy bangs up in here? And lots of different pentagrams for hands, arms, legs, chest, back, in different styles and orientations (tattoo-like, scar-like, plain, fancy, enclosed, unenclosed, downward, upward...)! And, yes, lots of conspicuous chain jewelry and studded, spikes, plain, and patterned collars--with and without tags...And if we could get some sweet Kamina glasses too, that would be a great bonus...Just saying.

Most of all, I want them to be made. I don't want werewolves to be skipped over for fairies or merfolk or whatever. As my username suggests, I really love werewolves. I spent much of my adolescence diving head-first into the old folklore surrounding them and concocting my own version of lycanthropes that fits the tone of my own stories and fictional universe. I know obscure crap like how some people believed that smacking a werewolf in the head three times with an oaken staff would force them back to human form and another bit about how holding an iron bar above a person's head was thought to be a good werewolf detector test--if the bar bent, they were a werewolf. I want my favorite supernatural beings (O.K., they're tied with dragons, but they're still my favorite) to be done some justice in this franchise for once! Give me werewolves, and give 'em right!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Catnapper2Catnapper2 Posts: 1 New Member
    How about pack dynamics? A secret lot or perhaps a secret neighborhood for members of packs that could be integrated into the werewolf pack, perhaps that would involve the Wolff family from the sims 3 Supernatural being one pack with Pappy being the Alpha. You the player could build your own pack (random werewolf npcs can be called loners), integrate yourself into a premade pack, or there could be the possibility to combine packs (like the packs battling each other then the victor takes control of the opponent's pack). Perhaps with pack dynamics there could also be rules and guidelines that can be changed such as how loners can join the pack, who has what task (thinking more like what certain members role will be like hunter or pup sitter), and also how they view the other races like vampires and humans.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    traits influenced by occult. fearful of occult, open etc.

hunting skill.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'd like to see the Werewolf version of Vampires. And for Vampires and Werewolfs to be naturral enemies.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I still want my werewolves.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Ohh, let's see...

First off, a Focus meter above the needs. Focus would be gathered by your Sim through various means, eating specific herbs or meditating. Focus would keep you in control of your Werewolf when he/she transforms. Otherwise, you might risk your family members instead of that Vampire you planned to hunt off your property.

Various stages of your Werewolf - the pup (only for children) lesser, common, greater and Alpha Werewolf. The more you climb the stages, the more focus you need to build to control your wolf, but in return, your predator gains longer life and wastes less and less energy during those wild nights. An Alpha Werewolf can assume dominance other Werewolves that shows up in the neighbourhood, and have them hunt whomever it pleases, even invite it to join the Werewolf's "pack", be they human or other Werewolves. Werewolves would have the ability to woohoo other Werewolves in bushes or in Sulanis waterfall.

Take care with your Werewolf! For all your aquired focus, the more you let it go wild, the bigger the risk of the Werewolf going berserk and doing as it pleases until it reverts back to human.

The Werewolf, controlled or no, will have the ability to fight other Werewolves and Vampires.

A new type of door. The reinforced door. Don't trust yourself to not hurt other Sims or maybe you don't want to? The reinforced door will keep your Werewolf locked up for the night, although it might need some repairs the morning after. And your Sims might have a sleepless night listening to the howls of a berserking Werewolf trashing its room (that new fear emotion will be a welcome addition if they include Werewolves). A small price for safety?

What kind of Werewolf will you be? The one who loses control everytime and is the curse of the neighbourhood? The one who controls and embrace its inner animal? Or the calm one, who controls it and stays indoors, refusing to go out and lose themselves to the beast within?

I don't know much about Werewolf abilities, so I leave it for now.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh huh, been a while since I saw this thread.

And yeah. Yeah I still want them. Need them, actually.
    Besides the werewolf siblings, I now have this entire family of sims who's also supposed to be a werewolf pack, but when will I ever get to play them as actual werewolves?

The new Fear emotion would go SO WELL with werewolves too!!!

When will they ever be working on them?
    This better not be a scrapped project they got started on but never finished >:(

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    In another thread, I suggested that it be refocused from Scottish Highlands and Happy Haunts to Scottish Highlands and WEREWOLVES. Werewolves running amok in the highlands and moors of Scotland would be great pack to play. Go there to read my other ideas for this pack.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’m super hyped for werewolves if they ever happen.

Most people seem to agree that a fully customisable second form is a must and based on what we got for Mermaids and Vampires I think that’s a given.

A skill tree would be good. This could include skills and weaknesses similar to Vampires. Weaknesses would be things like uncontrollable anger if you don’t transform for x amount of time, or automated angry/fight interactions with random Sims. Perks could be “Run like a wolf” similar to vampire speed, “Transform at will”, “Animal Pheromones” (influence emotions like flirtiness/fear/anger).

They could tie in some cute [b]animations like shaking like a dog[/b] when wet.

I kinda wanna see CAS options for different types of werewolves too, so maybe some bear-like CAS options for werebears or even fox-like options for Kitsune.

The idea of an Alpha having powers to influence their pack would be cool too.

A new ghost type of “death by werewolf venom” would be nice. Human Sims bitten by a werewolf have a few days to either cure themselves or gamble on transforming into a werewolf or dying. This death type could also affect werewolves who have lost a fight for pack leadership.

Finally, a subtle one, but werewolves react as if they caught their significant other cheating when they next see them after kissing or woohooing with another sim. This is due to enhanced smell and hearing.
    Post edited by RySBI on
    I really want werewolves. WHEN we get werewolves I'll have all the supernaturals I need in my game. If others come, I would get them, but werewolves are my number one want.

We have familiars and those Sprites from DU and if I really want a fairy person, I use the fairy costume, a fairy wand and magic powers that witches use as they can be very similar.