Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you Approach Chance Cards?

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

How do you Approach Chance Cards? 134 votes

What would my sim do? (Roleplay it as your sim would respond and whatever happens, happens.)
61%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213GalacticGalSandySimdreamergrl84MadameLeeHowGreatThouArtSikoahGraceSimpatsyannWritin_Regvik92StrangerthanThunderbat87Rococo1256BoergeAarg61simgirl1010DJQ1308cchant86Workingmum8 82 votes
Guess the best answer for a positive outcome. (Who cares what my sim would actually do? I don't.)
38%
icmnfrshverlainemKita5399aprilroseColorist40MrsTomato1018HazellKelleygirlmcruddAnmirlaRadioAChickenJestTruNRoweBagoas77KirbySkywalkerhunniboo1spice3LolaLuvsSimsFoxrox77NotSoLucky 52 votes

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I don't even read them anymore, just click whatever while swearing.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    What would my sim do? (Roleplay it as your sim would respond and whatever happens, happens.)
    SiliClone wrote: »

I should have added that as an option. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I want to do what they would do or else the chance cards become tedious
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I try to RP them for the sim but honestly they have so little impact it barely matters.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I always roleplay. "What would this sim do?"
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    It really depends on my mood and which save file I am playing.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I do a bit of both, it depends on importance/risk and which sim it is. Especially for parenthood ones when the stupid school calls the not-parent of the child :/
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Lump me in with the click and curse group.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Guess the best answer for a positive outcome. (Who cares what my sim would actually do? I don't.)
    I can't even remember any of them, except maybe some of the parenthood ones. And they will have negative impact on something anyway. Is there an ignore button on the chance cards? Don't remember if it is. Haven't played with kids/teens in a couple of months.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'm always thinking what my sim would be doing, no matter if it's wrong or right. It's the same with the parenting advice from Parenthood.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    What I dislike is that I get the school ones always the day they age up and it effects the trait that they could get the bonus for. I wish we could turn them off
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    With the ones the kids get, the "right" answer is invariably wrong so I just try to do the opposite.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've seen them so often I generally know the better choice.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I should have added that as an option. :D

Lol, you should have done cos that's what I do too.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    As my oldest son would say: a little from column A, a little from column B.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I'm always thinking what my sim would be doing, no matter if it's wrong or right. It's the same with the parenting advice from Parenthood.

Exactly same for me :blush:
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I try to RP them for the sim but honestly they have so little impact it barely matters.

Sadly, this. I miss the TS2-style chance cards. I wish they would revamp the chance cards like TS2, with more impact and adding an "Ignore" button too.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    What are 'chance cards'?
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    What are 'chance cards'?

When a white dialogue box pops up with two options of how to respond to something, either with Parenting, something happening to your kid in school, or having to do with your job. For example you might get a popup that your kid is being bullied at school how to respond? The options will be something like, fight back or tell on the bully. There will be some sort of small (usually) consequence, sometimes positive and sometimes negative.

The questioner is asking, do you respond based on what you want to have happen for skilling up or otherwise advancing your Sims, or do you choose what you think they would do "in character," even if that might not get them that promotion or skill-up that you'd really like them to have.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    What are 'chance cards'?

When a white dialogue box pops up with two options of how to respond to something, either with Parenting, something happening to your kid in school, or having to do with your job. For example you might get a popup that your kid is being bullied at school how to respond? The options will be something like, fight back or tell on the bully. There will be some sort of small (usually) consequence, sometimes positive and sometimes negative.

The questioner is asking, do you respond based on what you want to have happen for skilling up or otherwise advancing your Sims, or do you choose what you think they would do "in character," even if that might not get them that promotion or skill-up that you'd really like them to have.

Oh, is that what they are called. I pick the first one, just to see what might happen. For the most part nothing really good or bad happens no matter which option you pick.
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Oh, is that what they are called. I pick the first one, just to see what might happen. For the most part nothing really good or bad happens no matter which option you pick.

The results are mild and never game-changing. Small performance increase, slight change in emotional control, etc.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    It depends. If they’re a teen, and I want to manage their values, I’ll pick the best one for their current levels. If it’s an adult, I role play it.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I always try to think about what my Sim would do in any situation. Unfortunately, the outcome from choosing answers in Chance cards doesn't have much, if any, consequences for your Sim in TS4. I loved Chance Cards in TS2. If your Sim got one while on the job and chose the wrong answer, they could be fired! o.O I too, wish there was an ignore button. I don't understand why the decision was made to remove it in this iteration.

I always tried to answer them in TS2, but sometimes I would hit 'ignore' if I didn't want to suffer the possible consequences at that time. For instance, if my Sim had just been promoted. Sure, I would feel a little guilty about it, but hey, it was there to choose if I so desired.

The game tagline is "You Rule," but in this case, it's "You don't get to rule, answer this question, now! Naner, naner, can't just ignore it." :p

I apologize if that last sentence sounds like sour grapes on my part, but that's just how it feels to me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game! But, I like choices and real/surprise consequences. By omitting the ignore button and giving us lackluster consequences, Chance cards now are 'meh' whereas they used to be fun and exciting! Oh well... *shrugs*
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Same :D . But when on the rare occassion I actually read them, then I choose the option my sim would choose.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    I cry and pray to RNG Jesus. 98% of the time I just want a good outcome, but with my legacy's kids I RP a bit more. If my whiz kid Inazuma gets a chance card in school, I take the way that a smart, self confident child would take. If my social butterfly Victoria gets one, I take the most confronting choice.