The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood - Conflict Resolution

Ok, so I recently got parenthood. However, my teen is already half way through her age. Her Responsibility, Emotional Control, Empathy and Manners are all maxed. However, she never get's in into a situation where she has to apologize or anything. How is she supposed to raise her Conflict Resolution? She's a vampire and her current aspiration is Good Vampire, so I haven't put her in any of those situations out of fear of messing up the standing in another area. I really do not want to rely on a cheat. What should I do?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    One way is the help others fix bad relationships, if there are sims they dislike. Also Talk About Sad Mood and Cheer Up/Console interactions should work if she's around sad sims.
    image.png
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    One way is the help others fix bad relationships, if there are sims they dislike. Also Talk About Sad Mood and Cheer Up/Console interactions should work if she's around sad sims.

Thanks.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I have found that when sims ask for advice, it is easy to affect their character values. At level 8 in parenting skill you have 3 options and at level 9 you can see what value it decreases along with what will be increased.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »

Thanks.

You're welcome
    image.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2018
    I also found out, after first saying it was really really hard, that always prioritize Conflict Resolution and Empathy in chance cards / Advice-asking.
    Especially Emotional Control can always be easily repaired (write in journal, play with feeling (instrument) and take a jog to clear head. Manners is also easy (just always have the teen clean up). Responsibility is easiest raised by forcing them to brush their teeth.

Basically, if any option punishes Emotional Contro, always pick it because it is stupidly easy to raise again.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2018

Ok, the dad is a painter and can do the emotional paintings regardless of mood. So, I had him paint a masterpiece sad painting and enabled the emotional aura on it. It definitely got him sad. Very sad, actually. But when I tried to have the teen cheer him up, it was just the usual things, like Brighten Day. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: nvm, I'm a dummy. I was doing sad, and that's for empathy. Doing angry ones worked. Duh...
    Post edited by SailorCeti on