Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Original game outfits (no cc) inspiration

Comments

• Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited December 2018
    Here are a couple of mine. I love the sims 4 clothes. They look so nice.
    AcTXG2D.pngQlOxSLA.png
    5nNJ2Ai.pngzxaQlVH.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Limorz wrote: »
    [...]I'm running out of ideas how to dress my sims for cold weather[...]
    Same here. Especially townies from packs before Seasons. There simply was no concept for cold weather when City Living was released, and sims with diverse cultural background like the Rasoyas or the Fengs cannot be kept warm without breaking the style that is otherwise consistent in the other categories. Same problem with female vampires.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Same here. Especially townies from packs before Seasons. There simply was no concept for cold weather when City Living was released, and sims with diverse cultural background like the Rasoyas or the Fengs cannot be kept warm without breaking the style that is otherwise consistent in the other categories. Same problem with female vampires.

Yes it is not that easy to find winter clothes that go well with many specific styles/cultures.
    I have this sim (of of my favourite sims to play), Desirae Sousa:
    zdyGyoL.jpg

and all I could come up with in the end for the winter wear was this:
    WOupL3v.png
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    [...]and all I could come up with in the end for the winter wear was this:
    Still, very well done! Finding these harmonizing colors (like the green in the boots, sweater and turban) is tedious and takes ages. There is not much I wouldn't do for a color picker >:)
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Desirae is beautiful! I’m using this thread for ideas because I’m rubbish at picking outfits or if I pick a nice one I have trouble with shoes.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @albawaterhouse The thing with cold-weather gear...there's only so much you can do stylishly while completely encasing your body to protect from cold. There is not alot of cultural differences in outerwear for sub zero temperatures IRL either, and the cultures you probably find it difficult to emulate are ones that do not actually have cold weather.
    I love your style for Desirae...but the poor girl would freeze to death outside in winter if she were anywhere north of the meridian....lol
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    Not sure if they work for others but I tried a few cold weather outfits for ladies I'll have to go back for guys.
    FpK1iNhl.png
    Gzq4cKWl.png
    Well...the headphones look something like old earmuffs.
    5TvZQgfl.png
    Assuming it's not that cold.
    0hocrezl.png
    JIK31z8l.png

Yeah sometimes I just think it's not that cold or some don't get as cold as others in certain temps.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited December 2018
    I like to use skirts with boots for winter.
    3UGHFYi.pngeb7CqjP.png
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    with townies I usually just copy the exact outfit their casual wear is to whatever category it fits
    raj rasoya is already dressed for cold weather..sort off
    i dressed penny pizzaz, anaya jang and bella after the game generated them horrible outfits

bQrXhp1.png

Zzh0lHg.png

HNse9l3.png
    Dutchysim wrote: »
    Here are a couple of mine. I love the sims 4 clothes. They look so nice.
    AcTXG2D.png

I love this one I liked the shoes but never really knew how to combine them!

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    32QpLCFl.png
    7cNq38Rl.png
    xgEYDtzl.png
    fQoFT5nl.png
    2tcMgtxl.png

Finally remembered to post these.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Limorz I posted this in another thread a while ago, but if you are looking for a few more ideas for the Gladiator sandals, I use them a lot (other than the poses, no CC):

lnZ7Sgd.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Very nice, @netzpannung.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Thank you, @Stormkeep! I really like making outfits when I have a very specific CAS asset I want to use or have a theme in mind (e.g. swimwear).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    This sim was a townie I made over. I think she has a quirky yet fashionable style. Might just be me though.
    fgoEv2l.jpg
    ZksORow.jpg

Also, I love this thread so much! <3 oh and I just realized her last four outfits are a lot more colorful than her first four, oops
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    I love cas. And this is the starter outfits for my current sim, Luna Carter. All outfits should be cc free I believe. ☺️

M8oPKuZ.jpg

ZXA2gi2.jpg

kEMdIHE.jpg

lnZ7Sgd.jpg

love the brown outfits now its my new hot weather wear for my sim :)
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I often use the male jackets for female winterwear. I love this one with all the layers.
    cslBrSu.png
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Hot weather outfit for my pregnant sim
    3M0JDXE.png
  • ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    Hello everyone, saw this thread and thought it was nice. Hoped to post some old outfits and get some opinions on them. I just made a account just not to long ago so and didn't know there was a requirement.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I wish outfits were shareable in the gallery, and/or that we could save a custom outfit, like our own "styled looks" tab. WANT.
    @SarahTheRed I always wanted that too. Online they would show a preview of the item individually but you couldn't get a preview on how it would look like on a/your Sim. Plus on the galley it would only show the first outfit and none of the others, so I felt it limits finding creative users and the potential of buying packs.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    These are the two I'm playing right now. I find that party outfits are always the most fun to put together. :D

bqzluDA.jpg
    Origin ID: Wyrren
    edited January 2019

so I'm almost finished giving my townies makeovers, that's all I could come up with for the fengs and the and rasoyas
    I don't like this dress but thats the only one I find not breaking their character and warmish

rB8aC8v.png
    n3DSS22.png

raj new hot weather
    FlDxk1X.png

how did you dress them?
    @Wyrren Enjoying your two Sims outfits. I alwayed found the pattern on the vampire top to be nice.