The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post the bugs you want fixed

Comments

• mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    If you guys really want to see fixes for this game then you need to address them on twitter and the live stream. I am seeing people ask for screenshots but no one is asking them for anything we truly need, just praises and grats on fixing screenshots... :| I give up...
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    If you guys really want to see fixes for this game then you need to address them on twitter and the live stream. I am seeing people ask for screenshots but no one is asking them for anything we truly need, just praises and grats on fixing screenshots... :| I give up...

That's sad that you're right about what you're saying but people shouldn't have to go to Twitter or the live stream to get things fixed. The forums should be a place where siers are also heard. Im sure there are people who don't have a Twitter and don't want one. They shouldn't to make one to have to share what is wrong with their game. Sadly that's what they're making it seem like we have to do.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

That's sad that you're right about what you're saying but people shouldn't have to go to Twitter or the live stream to get things fixed. The forums should be a place where siers are also heard. Im sure there are people who don't have a Twitter and don't want one. They shouldn't to make one to have to share what is wrong with their game. Sadly that's what they're making it seem like we have to do.

Yep. I never wanted one either. But they are way more active there. Unfortunately, there are people lathering them in praises instead of asking the questions they do everywhere else. Why? I'll never understand that lol. The sims is soon to be a mere memory for me. Do people really want/expect nraas mods again? Don't get me wrong, sliding doors and fixed screenshots are a great thing, but why fear asking the hard questions?? Like why I still need to go into buy mode when a cat jumps on the counter? I don't have cc/mods. It's on their end.
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Yep. I never wanted one either. But they are way more active there. Unfortunately, there are people lathering them in praises instead of asking the questions they do everywhere else. Why? I'll never understand that lol. The sims is soon to be a mere memory for me. Do people really want/expect nraas mods again? Don't get me wrong, sliding doors and fixed screenshots are a great thing, but why fear asking the hard questions?? Like why I still need to go into buy mode when a cat jumps on the counter? I don't have cc/mods. It's on their end.

You are the best. Thank you for fighting the good fight. ♥♥

Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    - Blonde child sims no longer have an issue where their eyebrows change colour

It didn't say anything about it in the patch notes, but I'm pretty sure this was fixed in yesterday's patch! I haven't had any issues with eyebrows changing color since the patch. :smile:

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    - Blonde child sims no longer have an issue where their eyebrows change colour

It didn't say anything about it in the patch notes, but I'm pretty sure this was fixed in yesterday's patch! I haven't had any issues with eyebrows changing color since the patch. :smile:
    This would be brilliant if it’s true! Unfortunately none of my sim children are blonde currently so I can’t test it myself, but when I get a blonde kid I’ll keep an eye on them :)
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    This would be brilliant if it’s true! Unfortunately none of my sim children are blonde currently so I can’t test it myself, but when I get a blonde kid I’ll keep an eye on them :)

I've tested on two blonde children in two different families so far, and none of them changed brow color in CAS nor live mode. I'm gonna test a household with three blonde kids today and if they don't change brow color either, I think it's safe to say it's been fixed. That would make me so happy! :smiley:

I've tested on two blonde children in two different families so far, and none of them changed brow color in CAS nor live mode. I'm gonna test a household with three blonde kids today and if they don't change brow color either, I think it's safe to say it's been fixed. That would make me so happy! :smiley:
    Me too! Yay - I can have blonde kids again without getting annoyed out of my mind!
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member

You are the best. Thank you for fighting the good fight. ♥♥

I hate those fans because in my book they are the main reason the franchise has gone to 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The devs loves them because they buy ANYTHING they put out and the sane fans that wants quality like back in the sims 2 days is forgotten. I have already given up, stickning with the sims 2.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member

It's still broken in my game. :( I tested on my household with 7 blonde children and their eyebrows still constantly change color in CAS.
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    Here's a little list.
    Teleporting
    People wearing their winter clothes inside even if the heat is turned on.
    Coffee pot stays in the queue forever.
    When my sim is in a flirty mood and sends a flirty text, I no longer get an invite to go hang out with the other person.
    people wandering around the restaurants instead of staying seated.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member

It's annoying, I have posted the bug issues on Twitter before, it was completely ignored.

The technical forum and AHQ should be enough.
    2UFyFUV.png

Also children in explicitly returning home from school an hour after they left and then having no option to send them to school again because apparently “the school day is over” is very annoying.
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member

Yeah I don't have time to watch live streams. And I don't have a twitter account. And I'm not going to make one just for the Sims.

So if this is the only way they listen to feedback, then they won't be getting any from me.

Yeah I don't have time to watch live streams. And I don't have a twitter account. And I'm not going to make one just for the Sims.

So if this is the only way they listen to feedback, then they won't be getting any from me.

I hear ya I really do, it's just unfortunate that there are so many complaints everywhere else but where they are the most active. We end up going unheard when those waving pompoms around are the loudest on twitter feeding them praises for the small things that are fixed as opposed to the major issues. I totally understand those not making an account just for sims though, I was that way for the longest time. Now, I seem to be one of very few who say "uhm, hold up. wheres the fix for ... " you know? It doesn't matter though, I've made my peace with the fact of how things are going with the sims. It was fun while it lasted (ts2/ts3). This game COULD be good. Oh well. I'm not downloading nraas mods or w/e they'll be called this time around to fix their game. They sold it to us broken and it'll stay that way unplayed. There's other games, amazing games actually, on the market so no sleep lost.
    Have you considered that they listen to twitter and live-stream chat precisely because those venues are full of sycophants?

In other words, the devs may go disproportionately to places where they're going to hear what they want to hear. And also, if fixing something is going to be difficult and maybe they don't want to do it, then the easiest thing to do is to just ignore the places that ask for the fix, and focus on places that tell them everything is hunky-dory.

If that's true, then if you got all the people with issues and complaints to go to twitter, the devs would just stop using that venue -- it wouldn't be telling them what they want to hear.

I mean, I don't really know what's going on in the devs' minds or not, but I regard it as at least equally possible that they are being drawn to the places with toadying yes-men, rather than just arbitrarily hanging out on those platforms and by coincidence that's where the sycophants also go.
    Have you considered that they listen to twitter and live-stream chat precisely because those venues are full of sycophants?

In other words, the devs may go disproportionately to places where they're going to hear what they want to hear. And also, if fixing something is going to be difficult and maybe they don't want to do it, then the easiest thing to do is to just ignore the places that ask for the fix, and focus on places that tell them everything is hunky-dory.

If that's true, then if you got all the people with issues and complaints to go to twitter, the devs would just stop using that venue -- it wouldn't be telling them what they want to hear.

I mean, I don't really know what's going on in the devs' minds or not, but I regard it as at least equally possible that they are being drawn to the places with toadying yes-men, rather than just arbitrarily hanging out on those platforms and by coincidence that's where the sycophants also go.

I wouldn't doubt it honestly.
    @mommy19959699 I think you’re right. Unfortunately, they probably do look at Twitter and Livestream comments more. Which is unfortunate if you don’t have Twitter or watch Livestreams. You’d think though, that they would look more at a site dedicated to the game. Oh well. It is what it is :(
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Thank you for doing this. I haven’t really played since Seasons released because I find the game unplayable. I have a Legacy I’m playing that’s literally on generation 9, but it’s so buggy I’m not enjoying it right now. I’ve repaired my game and removed cc.

The worst bugs for me:
    Sims standing doing nothing/freezing
    Having to click the hot bar 7 times to switch control of your sim
    Sims canceling actions

These three make the game unplayable for me. I can’t get into anything because I’m constantly frustrated. It’s a shame because I really want to get into some seasons gameplay.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member

Yeah this is the impression I have of the guru's and devs. My trust in them cannot be restored at this point which saddens me deeply because the sims to me has been an escape in my childhood and now as well as an adult when life gets too stressfull. I am lucky I have the sims 2 but being the passionate fan that I am I may never shut up lol.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Sick or hungry pets in every household you visit … it doesn't matter what household I'm playing, sick/ hungry pets every household that's visited
    Sims & pets teleporting … where's my Sim? there she is, no wait … she's over here, now she's over there again!
    Constant texts about NPC deaths … it certainly bothers me when my Sim gets a text that the Romance guru or the vendor at a kiosk has died. Why? My Sim merely asked about his romantic future or bought a coffee, there really is no need for my Sim to get a text that these folks have passed away …
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I just want Sims to recognize when another Sim is preparing a group meal.

There's nothing more annoying to me than a Sim going WELL I'M 50% HUNGRY NOW, BETTER MAKE MAC AND CHEESE even though I've already got a Sim cooking dinner for the whole family.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I just want Sims to recognize when another Sim is preparing a group meal.

There's nothing more annoying to me than a Sim going WELL I'M 50% HUNGRY NOW, BETTER MAKE MAC AND CHEESE even though I've already got a Sim cooking dinner for the whole family.

For real!! That is so annoying. It’s by design I’m pretty sure, but I wish they would change that as well. Sims in sims 3 did this too but it was a smidge easier to cancel actions then. That’s one of the few annoyances for me is canceling actions just doesn’t work well.
  • Jen86Jen86 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with the wild plants growing when I go to a venue none of the wild plants are grown and if they are fully grown they never produce this makes it hard to get all the plants for my garden this is not an issue when I send my sim on vacation just in all the worlds my home garden grows just fine only issue is at the venues this started after I bought the pets expansion pack or the update after they released seasons not sure which because I downloaded both around the same time
    The wild plants have been annoying since launch, IMO. The idea that they don't age on their own, but you have to go spend many hours of Sim time on their lot to get them to grow, has always frustrated me. Humans will age and die but plants don't grow unless you're there to watch them.... ugh.