Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post the bugs you want fixed

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
Obviously, I am not any sort of programmer. So, hats off to the work that EA does. I don’t know how difficult it may be to avoid introducing bugs into a game, or to fix them. I know that it’s very easy to find fault and perhaps not so easy for them to fix these issues.

But, as a player, I do have to admit that the sheer amount of bugs does get me down.

When I look at the list of bug fixes on patch notes I am always disappointed. The bugs that they fix are rarely ones I have experienced most or ones which I feel would really impact my game if I did experience them. So, maybe it would help if we told EA which bugs we want prioritised?

Below are a list of the bugs I would like to see fixed next, because they are the ones which annoy me most. I can always hope, right?

- No more walking through objects/other sims

- Faster cancelling of an action

- Sims do not stand around for ages before performing an action

- Cancelled actions no longer get stuck in the action queue and require a sim reset to get rid of

- Sims no longer get “stuck” in a conversation which they have left hours ago (I.e. the conversation panel remains although the conversation is over)

- Sims no longer get their skill bar stick above their heads

- Blonde child sims no longer have an issue where their eyebrows change colour

- Umbrella glitches are fixed

- Perfectly sun resistant vampires no longer use an umbrella in the day to protect from the sun

- Get rid of the issue where the game will refuse to save/enter build and buy because it says a sim is aging up (although it isn’t even any sim’s birthday)

- Sims no longer get stuck under the stairs

- Sims no longer teleport

- Get rid of leaf piles which cannot be cleared up

- Unplayed Sims no longer change clothes to random outfits which have not been assigned to them

- Clicking between sims’ portraits at the bottom left of the screen (to change control to another sim) always works first time. Currently, it may take several clicks.

- Get rid of this infuriating circle: Parent picks toddler up. Puts toddler in high chair. Picks toddler up. Puts toddler on floor. Picks toddler up. Puts toddler in high chair. Picks toddler up. Puts toddler on floor.. And so on.

- Have the “help with homework” action always automatically cancel when the child is done with their homework, rather than the payer having to cancel it themselves.

- Lastly, can vampires with the weakness that they cannot eat human food not autonomously “grab a serving” and start eating after they have prepared a dish? Vampire parents need to make food for their children which they aren’t going to eat themselves. Because 99% of the time I am unsuccessful in cancelling the “grab a serving” action, my vampire parents end up getting themselves sick.

No, these issues are not constant. But, when they do occur they are annoying and I wish that they would be fixed. I have no CC and the only mod I use is MCCC. I know it’s not just me experiencing these bugs as I have seen others post about them.
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah faster cancelling action and set the table have to be fixed now.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The sims standing around doing nothing is due some idle animation they have to do, in my testing, that somehow gets stuck or overlaps with another... there are times my sims have to do 5 in a row before doing what I told him.

I'd like if the bowling worked again and pets could find their food.
  • alyssad9918alyssad9918 Posts: 34 Member
    - Get rid of this infuriating circle: Parent picks toddler up. Puts toddler in high chair. Picks toddler up. Puts toddler on floor. Picks toddler up. Puts toddler in high chair. Picks toddler up. Puts toddler on floor.. And so on.
    This has been driving me insane!! So glad you mentioned it!

giphy.gif
    origin ID: alyssad9918
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    - The 'can't find the way to the school bus because someone is in the way' bug where they still disappear in the rabbit hole and re-appear 30 minutes later
    - kids going to their scout meeting when it's already too late
    - the bulletin board that can't be cleared
    - pets that are not yours always getting sick
    - agreed on the high chair stuff. I never use them now
    - all the 'skipping' that's been going on with actions
    - STOP DROPPING THE LAUNDRY AND YOUR QUEUE. Still happening. Big pet peeve.
    - Sims standing around doing nothing for an hour before finding something to do
    - playing pirates on the playground with other kids barely increasing social
    - swing not increasing fun
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    “No more walking through objects/other sims“

I agree with all but this one. Only reason is it’s been in every iteration of sims and it’s never been fixed. I’ve seen it in other games too. Not saying they couldn’t fix it but I feel like it’s probably incredibly hard to do when they could focus on other things. I’d also rather a lot of what else you mentioned being fixed instead of this. I’m used to it at this point lol so it doesn’t really irritate me. The sims 3 was a lot worse than 4 on this as well (I know that doesn’t matter now but just saying why I’m so used to it). I barely notice it in 4 unless it’s super obvious. I do understand it can be annoying though if you aren’t used to it or it happens frequently. So I hope they fix it for once.

Luckily I don’t have half the bugs mentioned here but they sound terrible. I hope they do fix most of these in the future for you and others. I hate how long it takes to cancel an action as well, it’s just silly. Which brings me to an issue I’d like fixed:

-Having to reset sims because cancelled actions get stuck and won’t go away. I’ve had this with my sims trying to watch the toddler and I cancel it (it’s like the conversation and skill things getting stuck) and it just stays there. Doesn’t cause issues necessarily just a bit annoying.

That’s the biggest thing I’ve noticed on my new computer that wasn’t mentioned here yet. A lot mentioned I used to have constantly on my basically underpowered laptop but they aren’t there at all or are less frequent now (especially the simulation lag). Not saying that’s your issue just writing my experience with bugs was significantly worse before updating my hardware to a gaming rig. So I am happy it’s better now and I hope it gets fixed and better for others with patches.

Computers can 100% be a problem with stuff like this but it isn’t always the case by any means. Sometimes people just have more bugs than others with no obvious reason. There is honestly no proof my old computer was the issue other than lag. Hope they fix most of these over the course of sims 4. Also thank you for how respectful you were about this post. It’s very nice to see that we can start a conversation about bugs that doesn’t begin in a negative light.

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I got a new video card just 6 months ago because mine died, and my computer is way over the recommended specifications, and I got insane simulation lag too - it was worse in my 20+ generation household, but there's something about kids doing homework that seems to ALWAYS stop all actions until I stop the game repeatedly. I found that every time it happens, a kid is doing homework somewhere. It's just very odd. It seems worse when there are a bunch of Sims are the dining room table together too for some reason.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got a new video card just 6 months ago because mine died, and my computer is way over the recommended specifications, and I got insane simulation lag too - it was worse in my 20+ generation household, but there's something about kids doing homework that seems to ALWAYS stop all actions until I stop the game repeatedly. I found that every time it happens, a kid is doing homework somewhere. It's just very odd. It seems worse when there are a bunch of Sims are the dining room table together too for some reason.

Same. I haven't found the cause. But when I got to a restaurant it is buggy as hell
    2UFyFUV.png

• OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I wish pets in unplayed house holds wouldnt be left dirty and hungry.
    And the standing for long periods if time before doing the actions. My sim needed to use a toilet and I clicked for her to use one. She stood there for an hour in game and soiled herself instead.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

I agree with all but this one. Only reason is it’s been in every iteration of sims and it’s never been fixed. I’ve seen it in other games too. Not saying they couldn’t fix it but I feel like it’s probably incredibly hard to do when they could focus on other things. I’d also rather a lot of what else you mentioned being fixed instead of this. I’m used to it at this point lol so it doesn’t really irritate me. The sims 3 was a lot worse than 4 on this as well (I know that doesn’t matter now but just saying why I’m so used to it). I barely notice it in 4 unless it’s super obvious. I do understand it can be annoying though if you aren’t used to it or it happens frequently. So I hope they fix it for once.

Yeah the walking through other sims/objects is something I have gotten used to I guess. Plus, it can produce beauties such as this which are always good for a laugh:

5eTYF2B.png

• Bracelets134567Bracelets134567 Posts: 4 New Member
    So I’ve never used he forums before and I didn’t know where to go lol but I’m not sure if it’s just me but I have a glitch where I can’t propose to another sim. I’m not sure if it’s because of cc which I recently started using so I don’t have a lot or if it’s just a glitch in the game itself. If anyone has experienced this glitch or figured out how to fix it please let me know!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Leaf piles.

Even though I have not lost any sims to weather related instances - I would like that tweaked before I ever do - so there is less chance of it happening. Also I think there needs to be stronger enforcement for sims to don the proper clothing the minute the step outside of a venue. Also the Special characters should never be freezing to death. It was always seen to in past sims games the special characters have extra protections - so that either need tweaked or permanently hardwired. It is my understanding that special character in past games being used as regular sims, or die - corrupted the game. So this is very much something that needs to be addressed first.

Those are really the only things I can think of - and as i said I have not even had a weather death yet - I know lots of simmers have though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This is not a bug but I'd like if dinning at the restaurant was faster, it took 5 hours just to prepare the food, and I ended giving up the table when the waiter went to play in the rain instead of bringing it to my table.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

Yeah the walking through other sims/objects is something I have gotten used to I guess. Plus, it can produce beauties such as this which are always good for a laugh:

5eTYF2B.png
    That’s a very interesting skirt lol.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Sigh...
    Pets being 10 feet from the (full) food dish and the game tells you that they're hungry and you should feed them... And they refuse to eat unless your Sim goes to the bowl and "calls them to eat". Again, even though it's already been full all along.

Example of the condition:
    kZo52a6.jpg

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I forgot about the pets not finding their food thing. I also would like that fixed. Additionally, there is the same problem with litter boxes. Cats can be miserable and want “a nice clean litter box”, despite the fact there is one on th3 other side of the room!

I also forgot to mention the death calls. My sims seem to get at least one death call per day. This would be fine if they were all at least friends and family. But, the vast majority of them are only acquaintances. My sims are in constant mourning for people they didn’t even know! Please restrict death calls/mourning to only good friends and close family.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would really like the issue with lots freezing fixed. It mostly happens in restaurants but also at festivals when all sims on the lot are just freezing and don't do anything anymore. I always have to save the game so it gets fixed.

Also, pets are literally stupid - they can't find their food bowls even though they are only one meter away from them.

Adults watching the kids channel with their children autonomously - even though their children are already teens - which cancels every interaction the children had in their queue, with the parents getting a bored moodlet from watching this channel.

I don't mind the bug with sims standing and walking through each other though - atleast they're not standing in each others ways like in TS3. It was the worst at parties when they were supposed to take a serving from a group meal. It mostly ended in a big croud with nobody moving because everyone was standing in each others way. In TS4, they just walk through each other and everyone gets their meal - which is so many times better.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    There are so many if I take out mods: Sims flirting with everything that breaths regardless their supposed gender preference, and worse, sims flirting back regardless their gender preference\martial status\unflirty trait.
    Sigh...
    Pets being 10 feet from the (full) food dish and the game tells you that they're hungry and you should feed them... And they refuse to eat unless your Sim goes to the bowl and "calls them to eat". Again, even though it's already been full all along.

Example of the condition:
    kZo52a6.jpg

Buy the other food bowl, the squared one... For some reason pets seems to find food a bit better with the other bowl.. It doesn't always work though.
  • nights1nights1 Posts: 5 New Member
    Teleporting, routing through objects, freezing, ignoring or auto canceling what I ask them to do, visiting sims getting stuck on currently played lot after welcome wagon ends. Leaf piles! (I have reinstalled, removed CC, cleared cashes, you name it I've done it.)
  • daisychain08daisychain08 Posts: 31 Member
    This has been driving me insane!! So glad you mentioned it!

I know it makes me so frustrated. Don't even get me started when there are two parents. I have to make one parent go watch a movie or go jogging or something, otherwise,we have juggling parents with toddlers and highchair
    I forgot about the pets not finding their food thing. I also would like that fixed. Additionally, there is the same problem with litter boxes. Cats can be miserable and want “a nice clean litter box”, despite the fact there is one on th3 other side of the room!

There is also a bug with the "automatic" litter box. When the cat uses it, it gets a soiled look and green smoke rises, and then a bar scoots back and forth to clean it out, storing the waste inside the box. This is correct behavior. The box can take several uses before its container is full and needs to be emptied. If the cat then uses it again, the waste will remain on the surface looking grody. That's all correct behavior.

BUT... once this happens, if your Sim empties it, the litter box will enter the empty state, but retain the appearance of having waste on the surface. Once this happens, the only solution I know of to get it working properly again is to sell it and buy a new one.

If you are on the ball and never let enough build up that the waste stays on the surface, the box will work indefinitely. But go just day too long and let it build up on the surface, and you will never be able to get rid of it.

This has happened at least three times in Mystic's fantasy legacy let's play if anyone wants to watch it happen (and listen to her complain, justifiably, about it).

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The pausing for long periods of time is super annoying :/
    Here is another one I would like to stop... Four people called to a meal. One eats where the food is. One eats in the hallway (?). Two eat in the gym.

OLhPBJu.jpg
  • SimynerdSimynerd Posts: 6 New Member
    The gallery.......I know they just had a massive updated for it and I love it. Here is where I'm going with this...there are multiple crash issues. After many times of repairing my game I still have these following problems - 1. The game wont let me upload or save to the gallery from CAS - 2. The game freezes when I try to close the gallery - 3. Last but not lest and defiantly not least...the game crashes when I try to download a house! Hope you can find a fix. I hate having to re lode my game at least 4 times a day. One last thing...my sims will be stuck looking around in different places swaying side to side even though there is a queue for them (Only while in x3 speed). hope you can find a fix! ;)
  • SimynerdSimynerd Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Simynerd said:
    > The gallery.......I know they just had a massive updated for it and I love it. Here is where I'm going with this...there are multiple crash issues. After many times of repairing my game I still have these following problems - 1. The game wont let me upload or save to the gallery from CAS - 2. The game freezes when I try to close the gallery - 3. Last but not lest and defiantly not least...the game crashes when I try to download a house! Hope you can find a fix. I hate having to re lode my game at least 4 times a day. One last thing...my sims will be stuck looking around in different places swaying side to side even though there is a queue for them (Only while in x3 speed). hope you can find a fix! ;)

these problems have only been happening since the day of the gallery update.