Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Underground Bunker Challenge *New Challenge!

This is my first ever challenge, so please be nice, however I'm open to suggestions and constructive criticism. If you play this challenge I'd LOVE to hear honest responses! I love creating ideas like this, so I would love to improve my abilities as time goes on.
qBRaeJL.jpg
STORY
You were kidnapped at a young age, brought into an underground basement with only some necessities. You grew up with another child whom was kidnapped. As you grew older you became more and more upset and wanted freedom. (Who wouldn’t?) You politely asked your kidnapper for some items to allow you to work on some hobbies. Luckily, the kidnapper granted you that wish. You will take advantage of this and use your creations to sell and hopefully leave the basement once and for all. But, is there even a world out there? Your sim has been captive for so long, leaving is merely a dream. The mere idea of an outside world is baffling, but you still want to try. Your sims want to start repopulating their world they live in, the basement, and expand the basement as much as possible in case there is no outside world. Since you have been underground for so long, you only have the mental capacity available for one hobby. You want to focus on just that one hobby to perfect it. You somehow sell your items through your inventory, is it imaginary money from your dreams? Who knows, but it’s there.

RULES

*Build a 5x5 shelter at the surface, with stairs to below. Allow your Sims to go below into the basement lair and remove the stairs. You may not add stairs back into the game until you reach that milestone.

*At the surface, your shelter must include your mail box, a 5x5 fenced area with no gate, and your outdoor trash can. You may come up to the surface once a week, only on Sundays to empty the trash, get the mail, and send off any books to publishers you may have written.

*Must have 2 sims that can procreate, you need to repopulate your world without adoption. These two are not to start out as romantic partners or a marriage, this is something you need to work towards.

*1 SIM must have successful lineage as their main aspiration! Your goal in life is to create a family unit that is successful in life! Overcome your past obstacles and make a better life for your children than you had! Your other sim’s main aspiration must be something to do with what your chosen hobby will be. Maybe he wants to be a writer, maybe she wants to be a programmer, maybe an artist. That is up to you to decide.

*Your below the surface bunker must include one room, no larger than 5x5 with:
1 fridge
1 counter
1 microwave
1 desk/table
1 chair
1 double bed (yes, 1 double, not 2 singles, yes, this will make it harder to sleep until you are successful in getting close enough)
1 trash can
1 hobby item (computer, easel, ect.)
1 garden pot, the small one

You must also build 1 small bath room, no larger than 3x2 with:
1 sink
1 shower
1 toilet
1 door

You are allowed 1 cheap light per room, this should only be 2 lights. Nothing more, no flooring, no wallpaper, and no paint! Your sim is NOT here to be comfortable.
You need to start your household with 1000$ nothing more. This money is to invest into your hobby, be careful! You will have bills, and you will have food costs, and the cost of doing your hobby if it has one. Cheat out the remainder of your money before you start. You will not be able to replace anything broken, you must repair anything broken! Due to tight and confined areas, this wouldn’t be much of a challenge if bb.moveobjects were allowed. This command or any other cheats besides changing your money value to $1000 are prohibited.

CHALLENGES/REWARDS

[*] You must choose a hobby to focus on while you’re in confinement.

[*] When your chosen hobby is level 3 you may have your stairs back! This will allow you to go to the surface, garden from the surface, and use the mailbox and trash can as needed. This will however limit your space in your bunker even more! Be careful! You are not allowed to move any of your furniture to the surface.

[*] When your gardening is level 5, congratulations! You may now build a second room! This will be an additional 5x5 room! Use this space wisely! You may add a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, whatever your heart desires!

[*] When you reach $5000 you may start spending your money on upgrades to items as needed. The only restriction now is that you may not build a bigger bunker down below!

[*] When your gardening reaches level 7 you may now build below the surface as much as you'd like. You now possess the digging skills to be able to properly dig new rooms!

[*] As your sims age, think about the future, are you setting your children up for a bright future, they need to lead a better life than you do. Are you teaching them the skills they need. They may not ever go to school, however, you may teach them using books, toys, educational games. The real end goal here is to have a successful lineage, your children need to grow up well. You must have at least 2 children. You can have as many as you can afford and maintain though.

[*] When your gardening reaches level 10 you may expand your above ground lot to be as big as you need it. However, you may not add a gate, it must be fenced. This will however allow more garden plots.

[*] You may not build anything above ground other than garden space. No structures.

[*] The day that your youngest child reaches young adult, you may add a gate!! You may allow your adult children to work!!! If your older sims die before your youngest child is an adult, your oldest child must adopt them, take over, and continue to raise the child until it is an adult.

[*] When 1 of your children reach career level 5 you have free range to be able to build, travel, or come and go as you please.

[*] All of your children must remain residence of the home.

[*] Your goal at this point, with the children, is to raise them to either get to skill level 10 in 2 hobby skills, or max their careers out.
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!

Comments

• StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
      Here is my current build, I'm working through this challenge myself! It's been fun so far!

btc9xL0.jpg

56Ll5D0.png

9ju2Pdo.jpg

R8xDObq.jpg

VOxFTwq.png
      Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
    • elram76elram76 Posts: 61 Member
      How is this challenge going for you? It sounds fun!
    • Daniphantom626Daniphantom626 Posts: 1 New Member
      I have a question. when you level up to level 7 in gardening are you allowed to put up wallpaper, paint and flooring?
    • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
      Sounds like a really great challenge! I already built my lot for this and I did use wallpaper, but dirt wallpaper, so I think that's fine, probably even worse than dry wall. I'm definitely taking creative liberties with this. I also abided by the fence rules, but I added a whole lot more fences than was called for. I definitely ignored the bb.moveobjects just because I like to arrange things a certain way, not to fit things in more. I also added junk in the ground level floor to clutter it up like barrels and crates and below I added some weird contraption from Get to WorkI like to pretend is a water filtration system.

My Build: (I'll put it on the gallery under my username, lzbthnndgls, when I finish playtesting everything and add the garden)
      1FBMPKP.png
      9zem00n.png
      pP7ambT.png

Some questions:
      1)Can my sims have a mirror?
      2)Will they ever be allowed to have an oven?
      3)Is a counter and barstool an ok substitute for a desk and chair?
      4)Do both sims have to reach the same level gardening skill to expand or just one?
      5)I suggested below that the sims be allowed to have books. Is it considered cheating to give them a skill book? Like, say, for gardening?
      6)What happens if they make a toddler/kid before they are allowed to expand/add furniture? Is there an exception?
      7)One hobby item total? Or one hobby item per sim?

Some Suggestions:
      1)If City living or Discover University is installed, the trash chute/wall mailbox can be used down stairs instead of the normal ones at the top. It can be thought of like an incinerator/bubble tube for messages to the "outside world"
      2) Can only make oatmeal/applesauce/peas/other quick meals and microwave meals unless they have the ingredients to make other things. For example, to make a garden salad, they need one tomato. If they don't have a tomato, they can't make a garden salad. For dishes that need more than one ingredient, they need both those ingredients to make them.
      3)Start out with a limited number of seed packs, like one veggie, on farmer, one flower, and have to graft to earn the other types of plants.
      4)When they expand the basement part of the bunker, they magically "find" a new seed pack of the player's choice.
      5)If Seasons is installed, turn off all holidays instead of one on the last day of fall called Bunker Day where they focus on remembering the sims they knew from the surface and light candles for them.
      6)Little Ms Sam has a "More Woodworks" mod that allows sims to create other types of furniture still using basegame furniture. It's worth a look to some players who do this challenge and aren't against mods. I haven't found any bugs in yet. Most of Sam's mods work really well.
      7)Allow sims 3 books so they can complete the renaissance sim aspiration and have something to increase their fun levels other than woohoo or gardening after level 4. (Also, if books are allowed, maybe a little nightstand can be placed from created woodworks so the sims will stop putting the books on the floor) ((Or a book shelf if Sam's woodworks mod is installed--but delete all the books out))
      8)Maybe to make it harder, prevent sims from developing a romantic relationship until they are best friends.
      9)Make the challenge off the grid too for an extra layer of difficulty (I did not do this, so maybe for an "expert" level challenge.

I'll probably have more suggestions/questions as I play through but it's a really great challenge so far. It's not overly complicated and it doesn't take forever to complete. It makes playing through fun and rewarding.

Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
    • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
      I've been play testing this and if no one is allowed to leave the lot (no gate ) until the youngest is a YA then it is simply not possible for the parent to achieve Successful Lineage because their teen children are never allowed to go to school. May I suggest that when the eldest becomes a YA you allow any teens to go to school to earn an A grade. Or possibly when the eldest becomes a teen they may leave the lot to try to get their grades up. My toddlers topped out on everything but the only childhood aspiration that can be completed under lock down is creativity. They did that but even with doing homework every night and using extra credit items their grade was mired at D when they transitioned to teen.