Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favourite objects to use in the game ?

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I just love that carousel that came with the World of Wonder set from the sims store. I place it in every world.

I also love to have a handy sim who works on the Workbench (Ambitions EP, I believe) and finally makes a time machine! It shows some cool adventures the sim goes on (written only, I'm afraid) and they come back with some neat outfits and even possibly a new child!
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I just love that carousel that came with the World of Wonder set from the sims store. I place it in every world.

I also love to have a handy sim who works on the Workbench (Ambitions EP, I believe) and finally makes a time machine! It shows some cool adventures the sim goes on (written only, I'm afraid) and they come back with some neat outfits and even possibly a new child!

I had forgotten the carousel :) it's a lovely idea placing one in every world. There is so much to do in the game ad your suggestion of building a time maine is very appealing.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Coffee machine, washer/dryer, Board Breaker and Training Dummy, they are in every house I have my Sims living in.
    Coffee machine, washer/dryer, Board Breaker and Training Dummy, they are in every house I have my Sims living in.

Love the way you put coffee machines first :) As vital to any house as a functioning bathroom. Several people have mentioned laundry equipment too. I love watching my sims trot round the house emptying laundry bins. I used to make them put the clothes out on a washing line until I realised the game was claiming the clothes dry even if it was pouring with rain. A glitch I assume.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have another favorite in this game. It's the Murano Modern Classic Bread Box. What makes this my favorite is the description:

Classic, yet made modern with our patent pending double locking latch and ultra-tech randomizing 15 digit key code entry system (accessed from an off site location), you can sleep easy with the knowledge that no one, NO ONE, will ever get your bread.

Now, I ask you, how could you not absolutely fall in love with something like this :D!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    mw1525 wrote: »
    I have another favorite in this game. It's the Murano Modern Classic Bread Box. What makes this my favorite is the description:

Classic, yet made modern with our patent pending double locking latch and ultra-tech randomizing 15 digit key code entry system (accessed from an off site location), you can sleep easy with the knowledge that no one, NO ONE, will ever get your bread.

Now, I ask you, how could you not absolutely fall in love with something like this :D!
    I don't know.

I do know that I will not get much sleep the rest of this week because, thinking about it for the first time ever now for some reason, if someone can figure out how to get into my kitchen then it wouldn't really take them much more effort to figure out how to get into my bread. It's almost totally unprotected.

Thanks a lot. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net

With such a description how could you resist getting it for the kitchen :p:p I must encourage some of my wealthier sims to invest.

Sim enim est vita
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @igazor - Unprotected?! How can you say that?? Double latches! Randomizing 15 digit key code! 15!! Your car isn't that safe.
    Although, they didn't mention the actual weight of the box so I suppose there's nothing to stop a greedy Sim from just picking it up and walking off with it :| .

Still, they're going hafta work mighty hard to get that bread! Mighty Hard!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    @mw1525 - I meant since in real life I do not own such a device, I will now not really be able to sleep until I either acquire one or choose to go gluten free. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor - Unprotected?! How can you say that?? Double latches! Randomizing 15 digit key code! 15!! Your car isn't that safe.
    Although, they didn't mention the actual weight of the box so I suppose there's nothing to stop a greedy Sim from just picking it up and walking off with it :| .

Still, they're going hafta work mighty hard to get that bread! Mighty Hard!

What they should add is a motion sensor/alarm :D

Sim enim est vita
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    ^^Wish we still had a LOL button! But I seriously could have used a high-tech locking bread box IRL for hiding snacks in when my kids were little, haha. I should probably get one before the grandkids get older and sneakier! :tongue:

There’s a random new thread idea though... listing favorite object descriptions in The Sims. Some of them can be hilarious.

Another potential thread topic could be a companion to this one, about buy objects you never use. Like, oh IDK, coffee machines. :wink:
    starguru wrote: »
    ^^Wish we still had a LOL button! But I seriously could have used a high-tech locking bread box IRL for hiding snacks in when my kids were little, haha. I should probably get one before the grandkids get older and sneakier! :tongue:

There’s a random new thread idea though... listing favorite object descriptions in The Sims. Some of them can be hilarious.

Another potential thread topic could be a companion to this one, about buy objects you never use. Like, oh IDK, coffee machines. :wink:

I thought I had the upper hand when it came to hiding food goodies until I found my hubby's secret stash of lemon curd jammie dodgers. Basically a sweet shortbread biscuit with jam in the middle. Biscuit = cookies, jam = jelly. So much for our common language :D The lemon curd version was new and he had decided not to share the treat with me !!!

If you want to start a new discussion, you go to the section you wish to post in, say TS3 General Discussion and there should be the words New Discussion on RHS of the page at the top under the banner. I think you have two very good potential topics there :D

Sim enim est vita
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    I have to have those flat ceiling lights..and a microwave
    seas wrote: »
    I have to have those flat ceiling lights..and a microwave

Welcome to the forum :)

A lot of simmers use microwaves where the sim doesn't have much money or space in the kitchen. Very handy.

Sim enim est vita
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @Charlottesmom; I hear you about the coffee-maker. :D It's that way in RL...in my home. If dear @Featherbelle doesn't have her coffee in the morning... (yipe)... I'm not so much of a coffee-drinker; never really could get used to the burned bean taste.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    @Bettyboop55 I have fully furnished kitchens but hardly ever use the stove..usually just the microwave..lol
    seas wrote: »
    @Bettyboop55 I have fully furnished kitchens but hardly ever use the stove..usually just the microwave..lol

A lot depends on the sims themselves. I like cooking and gardening so my sims do too. So I never bother much with microwaves, the sim is more likely to have a food processor. I would love them to have deep fat fryers and ice cream makers but then they would eat nothing but deep fried bacon ice cream :D

Sim enim est vita
    @Charlottesmom; I hear you about the coffee-maker. :D It's that way in RL...in my home. If dear @Featherbelle doesn't have her coffee in the morning... (yipe)... I'm not so much of a coffee-drinker; never really could get used to the burned bean taste.

You should try living here surrounded by millions of tea drinkers :) I take great pleasure in reminding people that the British were drinking coffee long before we became a nation of tea drinkers. Then the silly chumps started trading with China and the rest, as they say, is history :/

Sim enim est vita
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    Okay...so my favorite objects? Anything that can bring my sims' skills up! Especially cooking and mechanical skills. The bookcase comes in handy at first...and an easel is a must if you want your sims to make some quick cash. I am a sucker for putting my sims through University before having them join the "real world"...sometimes. So, anytime I can have them gain some skills...I do it!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
    Okay...so my favorite objects? Anything that can bring my sims' skills up! Especially cooking and mechanical skills. The bookcase comes in handy at first...and an easel is a must if you want your sims to make some quick cash. I am a sucker for putting my sims through University before having them join the "real world"...sometimes. So, anytime I can have them gain some skills...I do it!

The humble television comes in handy when you want to improve your sims cooking skills and I always try to upgrade the oven as quickly as possible. I rarely let them eat out in the early days to save money so their cooking just has to improve. Bookcases are a must and of course there are the book sales which help save a penny or two :)

Sim enim est vita
    starguru wrote: »

I thought I had the upper hand when it came to hiding food goodies until I found my hubby's secret stash of lemon curd jammie dodgers. Basically a sweet shortbread biscuit with jam in the middle. Biscuit = cookies, jam = jelly. So much for our common language :D The lemon curd version was new and he had decided not to share the treat with me !!!

If you want to start a new discussion, you go to the section you wish to post in, say TS3 General Discussion and there should be the words New Discussion on RHS of the page at the top under the banner. I think you have two very good potential topics there :D

But you did gain the upper hand once you found his stash! :mrgreen: Did you move/hide them from him afterwards? :lol:

I'm not on the forum often enough lately to feel I can host a discussion properly, so I rarely initiate them. And we're sort of discussing the items we seldom use in this thread anyway, like with the mentions of deep fryers/ice cream makers and Sims being so attracted to them. I don't put coffee machines in my houses; I'm not a coffee drinker IRL so I imagine that's why. The food processor is the small appliance with the highest priority for my Sim's homes, with a microwave as a close second. If I have a really big kitchen with tons of counter space, I'm likely to add the deep fryer and ice cream maker, but not a coffee machine, lol.
    @starguru I let him go on thinking I knew nothing and the next time he picked up a few groceries on the way home I casually mentioned we could do with few more lemon curd jammie dodgers. He got the message :D The rest of the dodgers went into the biscuit tin.

I think we let our personal preferences influence the kind of things we decorate our sims houses with. The coffee machine is right up there for me because I love the stuff and because I got into the habit of using it in TS2. It was an excellent way to keep their energy levels up. I also prefer giving them a food processor to a microwave mainly because I do not use my microwave much in real life. My first priority for the kitchen though is to get my cooking sim a decent stove.

I love both the ice cream maker and deep fat fryer but simply can't use them. The sims make a beeline for them and then refuse to eat anything else but ice cream. Certain things do seem to attract them more than others. In TS2 it was the outdoor swing and my current family in Sunlit Tides seem to take themselves off for a sauna every 5 minutes.

I understand what you are saying about starting a new thread. Perhaps someone else will take up the topics you suggested. I currently have 3 threads on the go and that is about right with all the other things going on.

Sim enim est vita
    @starguru I let him go on thinking I knew nothing and the next time he picked up a few groceries on the way home I casually mentioned we could do with few more lemon curd jammie dodgers. He got the message :D The rest of the dodgers went into the biscuit tin.

I think we let our personal preferences influence the kind of things we decorate our sims houses with. The coffee machine is right up there for me because I love the stuff and because I got into the habit of using it in TS2. It was an excellent way to keep their energy levels up. I also prefer giving them a food processor to a microwave mainly because I do not use my microwave much in real life. My first priority for the kitchen though is to get my cooking sim a decent stove.

I love both the ice cream maker and deep fat fryer but simply can't use them. The sims make a beeline for them and then refuse to eat anything else but ice cream. Certain things do seem to attract them more than others. In TS2 it was the outdoor swing and my current family in Sunlit Tides seem to take themselves off for a sauna every 5 minutes.

I understand what you are saying about starting a new thread. Perhaps someone else will take up the topics you suggested. I currently have 3 threads on the go and that is about right with all the other things going on.
    Very subtle about the biscuits. :lol:

I agree about personal preferences influencing design and décor in the Sims. Everywhere I’ve ever lived has had an eat-in kitchen—even when there was a separate dining room available—so I usually set up my builds the same way. I’m also not keen on table clutter and such IRL; my furnishing in the game tends to be more on the simple/functional side too.

I totally understand about the ice cream maker and deep fryer. My Sims would constantly queue up to make random food, interrupt each other and cause routing issues, make a huge mess, have indigestion moodlets all the time, etc. But I have them modded so I can use the appliances as I want now, without dealing with the ceaseless parade of Sims and their autonomous urges for deep fried bacon ice cream fritters or whatever, lol. Most other things I don’t mind Sims doing autonomously as they can be interesting/amusing, like my Plumbot who was obsessed with the pool/pool slide—not only did he not short out like Simbots do like I'd first expected, but the way he’d plug his nonexistent nose always made me chuckle. I tend to micromanage though; my Sims are usually too busy to do much that I don’t want them to. :mrgreen:
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I also love these hanging lights. I don't remember where they came from though. A store set, maybe?
    BU7e9NE.jpg
    giphy.gif

@KATENESS it's a good picture of them :) The Bohemian Garden had hanging lights but I thought they were multi-coloured.

Sim enim est vita
    @starguru if I ever start using mods I know where to come to get details of the ice cream maker mod :) And your Plumbot sounds quite a character. This game does provide some great comic moments.

Sim enim est vita