Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favourite objects to use in the game ?

We all know how attracted our sims are to certain objects. For instance I won't use the ice cream maker and deep fat fryer together in a kitchen otherwise a healthy diet for my sims goes out the window. Well that set me to thinki g about what my favourite objects are in TS3 and what exactly attracted me to keep using them for my sims. One of my absolute favourites is the tanning booth which came with Seasons. Maybe because I wouldn't use one in real life I like my sims to have that healthy glow. I think the real reason though is my unholy glee when the poor sim comes out orange. The look of dismay on their faces is priceless.

So I am going to ask what your favourite objects in the game are and why. I am also going to exclude cc and ask everyone to identify where the object came from, base game, pack or store content. We are all creatures of habit. Perhaps seeing what other players use to decorate and furnish their sim houses will encourage us to try something new or simply long forgotten. There is so much to choose from after all :)

And please don't think I don't rate cc. I do, there is some brilliant stuff out there but not all of us use it whereas most of us has ready access to the base game and packs.

I look forward to seeing what other players value.
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    At least one sim in each game will become an inventor and use the Scraptronic Workbench to make a drill and a time machine. I love those inventions. My sims are also very into martial arts, so the trainer and block breaker get a place in the yard. For fun, I love the hacky-sack (kicky bag?). And the sauna is probably my favorite relaxation device. Although the desire for steamed veggies it brings is a bit...odd.

I had to lock up the ice cream machine and the snow cone machine because my sims would do nothing but eat ice cream or snow cones until they died. After that experience, I never tried the fryer!
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2018
    I love the sketch pad that came with UL and all of my artistic sims have one. I like the atmosphere it gives when I can deck out a sim's room with their random sketches and make it look more cluttered and artsy. Other than that, I'm in love with the baker's oven and the canning station from the store. I like anything that adds more food and recipes. :smile: Oh, and the violin from the store is great too! I love that they added some of the songs from Sims Medieval to it.

EDIT: Almost forgot about the professional bars from Late Night. Those are a lot of fun, and the animations are great. I usually have a few Sims who excel in mixology. Coming up with goofy drink names is one of my favorite pastimes.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I had to lock up the ice cream machine and the snow cone machine because my sims would do nothing but eat ice cream or snow cones until they died. After that experience, I never tried the fryer!
    Death by ice cream? Or were the deaths from eventual old age and other causes brought about by the sims ignoring their own needs and surroundings to concentrate on the appliances, like the house was on fire?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    At least one sim in each game will become an inventor and use the Scraptronic Workbench to make a drill and a time machine. I love those inventions. My sims are also very into martial arts, so the trainer and block breaker get a place in the yard. For fun, I love the hacky-sack (kicky bag?). And the sauna is probably my favorite relaxation device. Although the desire for steamed veggies it brings is a bit...odd.

I never knew you could make a drill :) A bit sad losing sims to gorging on ice cream. You have to watch your sims like a hawk otherwise they will do nothing but make deep fried bacon ice cream.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I love the sketch pad that came with UL and all of my artistic sims have one. I like the atmosphere it gives when I can deck out a sim's room with their random sketches and make it look more cluttered and artsy. Other than that, I'm in love with the baker's oven and the canning station from the store. I like anything that adds more food and recipes. :smile: Oh, and the violin from the store is great too! I love that they added some of the songs from Sims Medieval to it.

EDIT: Almost forgot about the professional bars from Late Night. Those are a lot of fun, and the animations are great. I usually have a few Sims who excel in mixology. Coming up with goofy drink names is one of my favorite pastimes.

All artistic sims should have a sketch book :D Anything that adds food to the game is welcome, the pizza oven from Monte Vista can be fun for those sims who love Italian food.

Sim enim est vita
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My absolute favorite objects in the entire game are the washer and dryer sets. I like to play a very realistic game and nothing screams realism like having to do laundry (just kidding)! Seriously, I do like the laundry sets the best though. The machines I use come from Ambitions/Town Life Stuff and the Store (I like the store sets best of all). My Sims, however, are a little less happy with having to do laundry.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Infinite Zen Massage Table - it fills Rest and Entertainment motives, and is a fast relationship builder. It comes with the Store world, Sunlit Tides, and is also available stand-alone from the Sims 3 Store. Super-handy and a fun interaction for my Sims.

45vFQCc.jpg
    mw1525 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite objects in the entire game are the washer and dryer sets. I like to play a very realistic game and nothing screams realism like having to do laundry (just kidding)! Seriously, I do like the laundry sets the best though. The machines I use come from Ambitions/Town Life Stuff and the Store (I like the store sets best of all). My Sims, however, are a little less happy with having to do laundry.

Love the red washing machine but can't remember which pack it came from :) Wish there were more domestic chores for the sims to do, such as ironing and vacuuming. Nothing like watching others busy doing housework :)

Sim enim est vita
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I really have lots of favorites, but would say the greenhouse stuff from the store as I use it all the time. Second favorite then becomes the grow rugs from ITF to help with the greenhouse. I like watching my sims garden and use the composter and the sunflower dancing with them. I'm not sure how my sims feel about the stuff, but at least it makes gardening a bit easier for them. :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some of the University stuff is good. I like the object that Sims can skill up on. I have forgotten the name of it but I will look when I get home :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Bettyboop55 - The red washer/dryer set comes with Ambitions. I don't know how you feel about having 3rd party CC in your game but, Sandy at Around the Sims has a great laundry set which includes ironing boards and irons (all deco, of course) which really helps flesh out a room.

Laundry:
    https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_other_03.shtml
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @igazor @Bettyboop55 Well, they didn't die of the ice cream itself, although diabetes and heart conditions should ensue. They simply did nothing but eat ice cream until old age took them. What a life. Here lies Henry. His only friend was Ice Cream. He liked Butter Pecan.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @1need4kaffee - Have to admit that does sound a bit depressing. Now Jamocha Almond Fudge maybe would have been a little less so. :'(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Unless I am attempting a challenge, all my Sims get the multitab for skilling homework fun and social. But my all time favorites are the dragons.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like this statue:
    tumblr_pcwfwwH7xY1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    I get a kick out of it so I usually include it in most of my houses I build or have my sims live in. I imagine that one of the aliens in my weird simmie family stole it from an office somewhere and decorated it with random items of clothing :D

It came from the Uni EP if I remember right.
    Forgive me replying to all of you like this but I never expected so many replies so quickly :)

@Sindocat Sunlit Tides came with so really good stuff. The massage table makes it's way into many of my bigger builds and is usually found close to the tanning booth :)

@bekkasan the greenhouse is essential for creating zombie proof zones for the plants and the mats are so much more versatile than the pots for indoor gardening. Just wish there was something like them in real life.

@king_of_simcity7 it has been a while since I played with the Uni pack but I do remember the whiteboard which helps the business career, the skeleton and artists sketch pad. There was also the bowling alley stuff, the ping pong table and one of my favourites, the juice machine.

@mw1525 thank you for the suggestion :) I play vanilla but that might be about to change as I need to install mods for a project. It is about time I learned to install CC properly too. Laundry rooms look so bare otherwise, just the machines, a shelf of detergents and a laundry basket or two.

@1need4kaffee did I mention the deep fried bacon ice cream comes with maple syrup when you use the ice cream maker and deep fat fryer together ? :D:D

@JACKIEJOY lovely idea finding an egg and waiting to see which kind of dragon you get. I did read somewhere there is now a mod? which adds a full size dragon to the game. Perhaps someone here can give you further info. Multitabs are a great way of getting children/teenagers to do their homework :)

@Amphora good choice :) Looks great in a teenage/uni bedroom.

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't like anything that fills the hunger and energy bars although I do use some, like the tea set, because the animations are cute and I am a tea drinker.

I have so many favourites but if I had to choose one it would be the MinusOne Kelvin Refrigerator which I will not play without.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I think I’d have to say that the objects I value most in The Sims are the ones used to craft or create other useful/unique items in game.

The WA nectar-making machine is probably my overall favorite of this type. There’s something very satisfying about being able to create and name the various nectars created from the produce my Sims have grown and harvested. I also like that you can apply different upgrades to get a greater quantity or a better quality of nectar. And then there are many options for the final product too: you can drink the fruits of your labor, store your nectars in the basement to increase their value, sell/consign the surplus, use the bottles for display clutter around your home or gift them to other Sims... there’s a lot of gameplay to be had in this one object! The animations are also entertaining—especially slipping and falling while squishing fruits. :lol:

I also love the AMB workbench. Fun animations (and the chance of starting on fire, lol), widgets for selling or displaying, and crafting functional objects like the harvester, driller and the time machine make this another really great object. I’m fairly obsessed with the canning station from the store too, even more so after I began using Butterbot’s canning overhaul mod (more food options, and the ability to make CAStable candles using beeswax is a great addition). The AMB sculpting station, the drafting table and the store’s glassblowing station get frequent use in my games also, along with simpler items like basic easels and Uni sketchpads, as they all are useful for creating a variety of new objects to display or sell. And the store’s toy machine is nice to have for households with a lot of kids—which is nearly all of mine! :blush::lol:

I would’ve loved if even more objects like this had been added. I still enjoy the sewing machine, pottery wheel and flower arranging station when I play TS2, and wish they could have been a part of TS3 as well.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    ...Toilets. I think they make my sims' lives significantly better.
    kwdT9wX.gif
    @Mikezumi the tea set is a lovely decorative piece as well as being great for tea making :) I wish though there was more kitchen items which were not cc. I like your choice of fridge. There are two others I use quite a bit, the retro fridge from Supernatural and the one in the Bay side set.

@starguru your sims are certainly busy people :) but as you say there is a sense of achievement in making something from produce you have grown yourself. Sims always seem happier eating home grown so every household has at least one gardener.

Sim enim est vita
  • Jojosims97Jojosims97 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi everyone new to discussions just wondering how to start one idk how lol thanks
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    There are so many wonderful objects in this game, I doubt I could pick a single favorite.

My sims, on the other hand.... Well, they just cannot seem to get enough of their tent. I don't know why.

Whether it's that they've had a bit more nectar than was advisable
    IkM0T7L.jpg

Or they have a few minutes free before lunch
    E5ImPpS.jpg

Or they need to find shelter from the hot sun
    9dtkB08.jpg

Their moodlets say it's amazingly comfortable, like floating on a cloud
    9gddQ3m.jpg

And it's their favorite way to recover from a long day of sightseeing
    zjVjYZb.jpg

Like I said, I just don't get it. Sims are such mysterious creatures.
    Jojosims97 wrote: »
    hi everyone new to discussions just wondering how to start one idk how lol thanks

Welcome to the forum. As a brand new member you are currently unable to start any discussions of your own. But you can join in this one if you would like. We are talking about our favourite objects in the game. Depends on how long you have been playing but most of us have objects that we use time and time again to decorate/furnish our sim houses with or let our sims use.

Posting this way will help you gain points which means you will then be able to start discussions of your own. In the meantime there are a couple of threads for new members who have technical issues or want to get points a little faster. Perhaps someone who has the links can post here for you. I'm on a tablet at the moment.

Sim enim est vita
    ...Toilets. I think they make my sims' lives significantly better.

Essential to any sim household :D:D

Sim enim est vita
    There are so many wonderful objects in this game, I doubt I could pick a single favorite.

My sims, on the other hand.... Well, they just cannot seem to get enough of their tent. I don't know why.

Whether it's that they've had a bit more nectar than was advisable
    IkM0T7L.jpg

Or they have a few minutes free before lunch
    E5ImPpS.jpg

Or they need to find shelter from the hot sun
    9dtkB08.jpg

Their moodlets say it's amazingly comfortable, like floating on a cloud
    9gddQ3m.jpg

And it's their favorite way to recover from a long day of sightseeing
    zjVjYZb.jpg

Like I said, I just don't get it. Sims are such mysterious creatures.

Love the pics. I would suggest you tell your sims to have a dry August (as we say in the UK) otherwise they are in danger of flouting air traffic regulations :D:D<3

Sim enim est vita