Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation 2018 (Patch and Livestream Today) (Patch Now live)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
It's that time again. Time to specualate about the Patch for the new month. I'm predicting 2 patches this month. The first will most likely be an emergency patch to fix the blurry pictures people get when taking pics in the game now.

2nd and normal patch will probably be just bug fixes this month. Not really expecting a big patch this month. That said however don't expect a bug fix for the stinky leaf pile this month as SimGuruRomeo has ruled it out.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2018
    Can toddler high chairs make it to the list? I’m hoping, praying, rain dancing, and sacrificing goats for this. My Sims continue to automatically remove toddlers after placing them down to eat. At this point, its purpose is purely aesthetic :#
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2018
    So they plan patches out so far in advance that they know for a fact the leaf piles problem will not be addressed in the August patch? What in the world is going on here? Isn’t that what emergency patches are for?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Can toddler high chairs make it to the list? I’m hoping, praying, rain dancing, and sacrificing goats for this. My Sims continue to automatically remove toddlers after placing them down to eat. At this point, its purpose is purely aesthetic :#

I forgot all about those toddler chairs already...

One of those bugs they might never want to fix..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited August 2018

I stopped even adding them to my houses completely. Now all my kitchens/dining rooms have a sofa or an arm chair so the toddlers can eat and chat to the family while eating and they don't sit on the floor or go to another room.

Edit: I predict/hope a lot of bug fixes and maybe more gallery updates (such as being able to choose the screenshots and/or more filters to look for stuff)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So they plan patches out so far in advance that they know for a fact the leaf piles problem will not be addressed in the August patch? What in the world is going on here? Isn’t that what emergency patches are for?

I would think so.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    In the community lots, the rest of the radio stations need to work with custom songs
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Bugs fix.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I agree the routing around high chairs weather from a SIM autonomously checking toddler or being asked to put the toddler down here (high chair) is atrocious. SIMs are wasting hours and toddlers are suffering, going to be hungry, using diapers, collapsing on the floor stinky and still hungry due to routing that involves high chairs. Also if the chair is pulled up to the table they are giving the error that they can’t put the food bowl on the high chair tray.
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    edited August 2018
    Can Sims talk to eachother please? While they are sitting in the same general area without having to greet eachother? That needs to be fixed ASAP.

Edited all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Emergency patches are generally for game-breaking bugs; while very annoying, the stinky leaf piles aren't game-breaking, at least not in my opinion.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

Emergency patches are generally for game-breaking bugs; while very annoying, the stinky leaf piles aren't game-breaking, at least not in my opinion.
    I thought the problem where every townie freezes to death during parties or when they're jogging would be considered game-breaking but I haven't heard anything about that huge problem anymore. (Or did I miss that fix?)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @catloverplayer SimGuruRomeo didn't rule out the whole month for a fix to the leaf piles. He only ruled it out for the next patch. There could be more than one bugfix patch this month.

Anyway, although I like patches, I'm hoping for more paid content soon.

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I feel like they have to release something, because of the 'Summer of The Sims' promotion they currently have. And with August kinda being the last month of Summer (Ok I know September is technically Summer... but it's not Summer Summer) something big has to come this month right?

Although that may be some paid content, rather than an update.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @catloverplayer SimGuruRomeo didn't rule out the whole month for a fix to the leaf piles. He only ruled it out for the next patch. There could be more than one bugfix patch this month.

Anyway, although I like patches, I'm hoping for more paid content soon.

Next Patch is in Mid or Late August so it wouldn't be this month. Note we'll probably get an emergency patch this week or next but it will only include the blurry pics fix. Next patch is the normal patch for this month.
    I feel like they have to release something, because of the 'Summer of The Sims' promotion they currently have. And with August kinda being the last month of Summer (Ok I know September is technically Summer... but it's not Summer Summer) something big has to come this month right?

Although that may be some paid content, rather than an update.
    We can only hope.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

More possibly they're not sure they can find the fix and implement it before the next patch is scheduled to release. Maybe along with the greater amount of communication they're working on a more regular schedule for patches outside of months that see paid content, so modders and CC designers will know when to expect a patch so they can be ready to check their content.

For August I'd say continued bug fixes, including more Gallery tweaks; a lot of people have expressed concerns that the Gallery search defaults to Popular Now, and they may change that default to Newest. They want to get the Gallery running smoothly before they add the feature to the console edition.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

I thought the problem where every townie freezes to death during parties or when they're jogging would be considered game-breaking but I haven't heard anything about that huge problem anymore. (Or did I miss that fix?)

The patch notes said something about basketball players no longer freezing to death, so perhaps (hopefully!) the same applies to joggers? I've not had time to play since the patch so will investigate at the weekend.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2018
    All I hope for are bug fixes.

Toddlers in high chairs has been broken forever, I wish that would be fixed. Ditto leaf piles and sims not interacting when out. In terms of smaller bugs I would like to see sims calling my sims at silly o clock in the morning wanting to go on a date fixed. I notice that has returned.

Post edited by MidnightAura on
    Well we know one bug fix that will be in the upcoming patch
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Gallery version 2 upgrade
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Little reworks on problems that the latest update may have caused, maybe some small gameplay if we're lucky.
    Gallery version 2 upgrade

I really hope you're right. I'm not expecting the next gallery update till September but we'll see.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I feel so greedy since seasons just released but I'd love a couple of lose items again in this patch, or a career or a trait. (I want the last two in general, I would love more careers (rabbit hole ones) or traits. But yeah all I expect is bug fixes.

I hope they fix the super annoying bug with placing and self removing friezes it's super annoying.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member

Yes, and they steal their food that's ready for their toddler and eat it themselves afterwards I've found.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers