Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading Screens (Design)

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Am I the only one who thinks the old loading screens looked much better than what they look like now?

For those who can't remember the old loading screens or haven't played the game back then, this is what the loading screens originally looked like:

TS4-2015-04-13-14-20-36-64.png

This is what they look like now:

07823760-80c5-4231-994a-97b7508eb33a.png

I think they used to look much better and I have no clue why they changed them. I know it's not a major concern and they have better things to fix right now than the way the loading screens look, but I would really love to get the old ones back (or even better looking loading screens) in a future update.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the old loading screens looked much better than what they look like now?

For those who can't remember the old loading screens or haven't played the game back then, this is what the loading screens originally looked like:

I think they used to look much better and I have no clue why they changed them. I know it's not a major concern and they have better things to fix right now than the way the loading screens look, but I would really love to get the old ones back (or even better looking loading screens) in a future update.

You are not alone there, I liked the old one better too.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

Well it was a major concern to those who suffer headaches that's probably why it changed. Not to mention, let alone this forum with the obnoxious white coloring gives me "It's too bright!" when you abruptly switch to a dark-looking site to this.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2018

Well it was a major concern to those who suffer headaches that's probably why it changed. Not to mention, let alone this forum with the obnoxious white coloring gives me "It's too bright!" when you abruptly switch to a dark-looking site to this.

You can change the color of the forums I believe there are two to choose from a green version and the white version. Only one n the web version though not the mobile version.

~ ~ ~
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member

Why? Was it because of the bright white background the old loading screens had? If so, they could have just changed the background to gray like in the ones we have now, but kept the rest of the old ones. This spinning plumbob looks so boring, the old one had a bit of life in it lol.

I like to build stuff
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

You can change the color of the forums I believe there are two to choose from a green version and the white version. Only one n the web version though not the mobile version.

Makes no difference, two of these color options are obnoxious
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Pretty simple I did like it but all that space, plus it being white would really irritate my eyes.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm always blinded by all the white on the loading screen, so I'm wishing for a version with dark background :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm always blinded by all the white on the loading screen, so I'm wishing for a version with dark background :D

I remember once having a mod that changed the loading screens either to gray or dark blue. It broke with a patch and hasn't been updated since as much as I know. I personally loved the dark blue loading screens. I also sometimes get blinded by the white of the loading screens, especially when playing at night in a completely dark room :D It isn't a headache though and I'm fine with it.

I like to build stuff
  • MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member

I'm still using that mod, it didn't break.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I think both look nice but I'd love a brand new loading screen with a dark blue background. When playing with the lights off, I have to move my head away because the bright color can be painful :#
    Marjia wrote: »

I'm still using that mod, it didn't break.

Really? The last time I had it, the loading screens looked really weird and definitely broken. I was using this mod (modthesims.info/d/581674) and it is from August 2016. Do you use a different one @Marjia? Would you mind sharing the link? I would love to have a darker loading screen in the game again.

I like to build stuff
    that's the one i use. it doesn't work as well as before, but it turns down the white to a soft grey which is easier on my eyes.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Huiiie_07 THIS is a newer Darker Screen mod. It came out in Feb because the other mod broke for someone. It's updated as of June of 2018.
    ~ ~ ~
    @Huiiie_07 THIS is a newer Darker Screen mod. It came out in Feb because the other mod broke for someone. It's updated as of June of 2018.

Thank you so much for this! Looks even better than the other one :)

I like to build stuff
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    A quick reminder that this thread is focused on in-game loading screens, not the color of the forums. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2018
    I remember quite often. I really liked that and earlier today I was still sad they changed it. But now while I am looking at it I don't like it anymore. I guess I just used to it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Thank you for the link! *thumbs up*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

WOW thanks. She should upload it to modthesims info
    It's dark blue instead of grey but I'll take it.

• TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I'd really prefer the main loading screen with images from the packs I have installed, but as it is, I prefer the darker one we have now to the bright one. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I think both are pretty bland, but the newer one is better because it's less strain on the eyes than the bright white.

I prefer The Sims 2's lot loading screens. It showed loading progress, method of transportation, and, if loading the home lot, our Sims' family, all surrounded by game icons.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I think both are pretty bland, but the newer one is better because it's less strain on the eyes than the bright white.

I prefer The Sims 2's lot loading screens. It showed loading progress, method of transportation, and, if loading the home lot, our Sims' family, all surrounded by game icons.

I never played TS2, but you just reminded me that I actually loved the world loading screens from TS3, which had a picture of the world you were loading in the background.

I like to build stuff
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I never played TS2, but you just reminded me that I actually loved the world loading screens from TS3, which had a picture of the world you were loading in the background.

Yep, I really liked TS3's loading screens, too.

It would be nice if they were able to create the same blur effect as a background for whichever lot we are loading into.
    The new loading screen mod is nice but i can't read the titles on the main menu as they are also dark blue.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    A bit off topic, I prefer the loading screens we have today, but I think its not just the looks the problem, the tips are also the problem. Its easy to get bired looking at it if the loading tips are repetetive. It will only show some of the latest pack you installed and the mischief skill in the base game. They get so repetetive. Like where is the loading tip for the whispering wishing well? The loading tip that made me discovered the von haunt estate? I can't even no linger see the tip from city living about the pufferfish. They also need to fix this.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I use a mod that darkens the white to a black and it really helps with eye-strain after playing for a long time.

I really wish that the loading screens were dynamic, though. I'd love it if instead it cut off to a looping animation of sims in a car with scenery going by--or even just have rotating screenshots of the towns. Just... something more interesting to look at. As it is now, it just irks me that I have to wait on the game at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top