Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Waiting on a sale for ALL stuff packs...

I've been patiently waiting for a sale on all stuff packs or at least a storewide sale now for a long time, and usually Origin would've had one for the summer, usually after Steam's own summer sale, but yet one hasn't shown up. I'm beginning to think this sale is not happening this year, though it could still happen in August, or wait all the way till Winter for the Holiday sale instead. All I want is to finish the rest of my collection, but I want a good sale on ALL of them instead, and not just sales for only individual stuff packs, most of them I already have or are not low enough of a sale for me to buy them (looking at you MFP). Why can't this kind of sale happen already?
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I would definitely buy more if SPs went on sale more often. I can justify $5 for one, but not $10.
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    You and me both. I’ve been waiting since late May, and I know others longer. I thought they all went on sale every Summer, but maybe not. I wasn’t an active S4 Simmer after Outdoor Retreat, so I don’t remember how these things work. Summer’s got a few month left. Hopefully Origin makes them count ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I would definitely buy a few as well if they were 5$ instead of 10$.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I have yet to see $5 in the last 9 months. I ended up buying a few at 30% off before the Holidays but still waiting for a good sale for the others...
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Oh, really? I thought I saw a bunch of the stuff packs on sale at the same time in early June, mostly because I bought a few of them. I could be wrong, though, perhaps it was just a few on sale at a time.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Shinzen wrote: »
    Oh, really? I thought I saw a bunch of the stuff packs on sale at the same time in early June, mostly because I bought a few of them. I could be wrong, though, perhaps it was just a few on sale at a time.

You were probably thinking of the big sale in June that only had MFP stuff on sale while all game and expansion packs and bundles were on sale instead. The summer sale for Sims last month only featured Backyard stuff for sale while expansions and bundles were on sale but not game packs. The way they assemble these sales is very erratic.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    It's been like 1,5 years since the last good sale. I'm not sure if they're still doing those (everything -50%). The new trend seems to be to discount one stuff pack at the time, so I'm keeping an eye on the ones I'm missing.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's been like 1,5 years since the last good sale. I'm not sure if they're still doing those (everything -50%). The new trend seems to be to discount one stuff pack at the time, so I'm keeping an eye on the ones I'm missing.

Me too...Hoping that there will be a big sale soon.. I have only started to play TS4 just about recently (although I have been playing the Sims since TS1). Just because I don't like the waiting and the prices are too much for me.. from 3 to 4 times of the prices due to the currency exchange...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    The last ORIGIN50 sale that included stuff packs was September 2016 (before Vintage Glamour was released). So we're coming up on two years!
    I think it's past time to be treated...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Good luck with that. I think I have only seen them all go on sale once in 4 years and that was only 25% off. I believe that was a couple years ago. Usually you just get 1 on sale when the other packs are on sale and in my case I have never seen one 50% off. I just paid the full ten for most but I did get two at 25% off Christmas before last. You might be better off looking for those kind of sales at target if they carry sps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    There was a sale one time where they were 10-20% off. It happens sometimes. And storewide sales. Last December there was a 30% storewide sale, and the only thing I wanted on sale then was Fitness Stuff, so it was good enough for me. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    They were half off in September of 2016, I have it in my order history where I purchased the ones I didn't have at the time for $5 each.
    I don't think they have done a sale on all of them since then, though. Maybe one day!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)