Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons ... Can't Believe it!

February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
I had to wait a month to get the EP delivered as I was away the day it was released. I ordered it through Amazon Australia the day I arrived back. It arrived today, and when I opened it, there was no disk inside the box. The box was sealed too! So now I have to go through the trouble of returning it, waiting for a refund, to go and buy another copy!
It's like I'm not meant to have it :|
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    I had to wait a month to get the EP delivered as I was away the day it was released. I ordered it through Amazon Australia the day I arrived back. It arrived today, and when I opened it, there was no disk inside the box. The box was sealed too! So now I have to go through the trouble of returning it, waiting for a refund, to go and buy another copy!
    It's like I'm not meant to have it :|

I thought physical cases only carried codes instead of disks now. They still sell physical disks? When I bought C&D, I was surprised there wasn't a disk but a code instead. It was abnormally light, so I should've guessed LOL.

Have you looked through the little slip on the inside to see if it had a code? :o
  • Options
    rt897krt897k Posts: 1 New Member
    Did you buy a download-only copy? I'm in the US, but my copy didn't come with a disk either, just a redemption code to download from Origins. Hope you're up and running soon!
  • Options
    Oh no! You're both right! I didn't want the download, but it looks like what I've got!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Okay, it's now downloading. Another question; as I only have physical disks for everything Sims, IF I have to uninstall it for any particular reason, how do I go about that through origin?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Why bother selling a code in a box? That makes no sense to me. The whole point of physical copies still existing is so you can obtain software without the use of an internet connection. What 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thought it was great idea to put codes in boxes?! Who needs a friggin' empty box? I like box art and stuff, but I don't want the crap in my house if it's empty. Having it around to store the discs is fine.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    Why bother selling a code in a box? That makes no sense to me. The whole point of physical copies still existing is so you can obtain software without the use of an internet connection. What plum thought it was great idea to put codes in boxes?! Who needs a friggin' empty box? I like box art and stuff, but I don't want the plum in my house if it's empty. Having it around to store the discs is fine.

My thoughts exactly! That's why I thought I'd ordered the disk, there was no mention of just a digital download and empty box!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Just thinking; thank goodness I posted about this here, else I'd have returned the box, reordered the same thing elsewhere, I'd already planned to go to EB games or JB Hifi to buy it. I've just looked at the ones they're selling there in closer detail, and they're both digital downloads too, so I'd have ended up wasting a whole lot more time and money!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    All installed and working! Phew! Dilemma averted!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    If you ever have to uninstall on your pc - it stays in your Library in Origin. You click on the extra and tell it to reinstall. It's fast and easy and ready to go in minutes - well it is for me anyway. How fast it is for you depends on the speed of your internet. For instance todays update took me 42 seconds.

Most games are going digital everywhere from all the big Companies. People who order it do so for the box as collectors of the games keep all their boxes - but the code goes thru to Origin to your library regardless of where you buy it. So you might as well save the shipping cost and buy from Origin. The game with or without disc still needs to be on Origin and online to start it up regardless.

Less and Less companies are doing disc and are going over to systems like Steam and Origin. I got tired of paying shipping for an empty box - although I have the base game on disk - rest of them are digital right from Origin. All my Sims 3 are disks though - but I still have to go through Origin - but it is way faster to go through Origin than install each disk in Sims 3 - believe me - and I have super fast internet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    If you ever have to uninstall on your pc - it stays in your Library in Origin. You click on the extra and tell it to reinstall. It's fast and easy and ready to go in minutes - well it is for me anyway. How fast it is for you depends on the speed of your internet. For instance todays update took me 42 seconds.

Most games are going digital everywhere from all the big Companies. People who order it do so for the box as collectors of the games keep all their boxes - but the code goes thru to Origin to your library regardless of where you buy it. So you might as well save the shipping cost and buy from Origin. The game with or without disc still needs to be on Origin and online to start it up regardless.

Less and Less companies are doing disc and are going over to systems like Steam and Origin. I got tired of paying shipping for an empty box - although I have the base game on disk - rest of them are digital right from Origin. All my Sims 3 are disks though - but I still have to go through Origin - but it is way faster to go through Origin than install each disk in Sims 3 - believe me - and I have super fast internet.

Thanks for the info. I just want to see in Origin what games and packs I have installed. Obviously I can see my games, but can't see my EPs.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ... In fact, saying that, I've just found in Origin a bit that gives you the option which one to buy. The ones I already have, don't. Sorted!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Why bother selling a code in a box? That makes no sense to me. The whole point of physical copies still existing is so you can obtain software without the use of an internet connection. What plum thought it was great idea to put codes in boxes?! Who needs a friggin' empty box? I like box art and stuff, but I don't want the plum in my house if it's empty. Having it around to store the discs is fine.

Some people are collectors and want the boxes no matter what.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

1. Most physical copies are actually sold for people who whant to get special editions and so on, meaning look at the box art and getting the junk that comes with it (plumbob keychain etc).
    2. Being one of the few without proper Internet must be annoying on so many levels, but quite frankly developers and publishers more or less rightly assumes everyone that has a machine capable of gaming has a broadband or mobile broadband connection these days. Just like banks assume you can take care of business on their homepage and closing bank offices instead. Physical copies as a way of avoiding downloads is not realistic. I mean if you had a playstation or xbox the requirement is to be online basically 100% of the time, disc or no disc, for patches, maintenance etc. Steam and Origin is getting there, too.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek