Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to delete ports in Island Paradise

I have used the enablelotlocking true cheat in island Paradise where I thought that allowed me to delete any ports I had chosen to but for some reason I cannot and am wondering if I am mis-remembering that I did this in the past as I thought I only needed to use this cheat and then could delete the port but this is no longer working for me..

I have used all the other cheats required before attempting to do this so am a little stuck now on what to try next?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Try enablelotlocking false. Only a guess as I've never tried to delete a port.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    thank you @Karritz I will try that tomorrow when I go back into game.. I am so sure I remember being able to do this but for the life of me I cannot remember how :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Is this by any chance one of those deals much like Base Camps where enablelotlocking true (I think it's "true") causes a little padlock icon to appear on the lot in question in Edit Town with a checkbox next to it that needs to be unchecked to allow edits and deletions?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yes, it's just as @igazor says. I've done it myself, quite a few times. Enable Lot Locking has to be at true, then you have to unlock it with the padlock.
    @igazor and @IreneSwift

Yes it is the cheat you mention but I thought once I had used that cheat I would be able to delete the port completely and if memory serves I know I have done this before in IP when reorganizing the world to cause less lag and sims getting stuck but for some silly reason I cannot find out how to do it.. I have even come out of edit town and tried to go into build mode to delete the port but it does not work that way either.. I have forgotten so many things lately because I could not play my game properly for months..
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited August 2018
    If there is a houseboat attached, you delete that first in edit town mode. Once deletes the boat. Twice deletes the boat platform and the lot attached to the port.

I just went in and... the easiest way
    testingcheatsenabled true
    enablelotlocking true
    click on port in edit town mode
    click on lock to unlock port
    change from community lot to residential
    return to edit town
    bulldoze/delete lot
    (I left behind an empty residential lot. This should keep sims from going there.)
    enablelotlocking false
    testingcheatsenabled false
    :smiley:
    Post edited by ciane on
    Thank you so much @ciane

I knew I had done it before and because I have all your info re IP on a word document I looked through that I had saved and could not find anything on it so had to find out as it is niggling me that I cannot remember how to do when I am in game lol

Thank you for all your hard work and remake lots in IP I use them all the time and it's the only way I can play in one of my favorite worlds without all that nasty lag :)
    My instructions often turn into novels, so I try to just put in just the key stuff. That means I always seem to leave out something I could have added. Sorry, I left that out; but super happy this was an easy answer!
    Hi @ciane

You probably did include such information and I might have copied and paste the bits of info i thought I needed at the time so it's probably me rather than something you left out :) The amount of players IP games you saved Novel or not helped this community tremendously and I am sure they are forever grateful, I know I am :)
    Thank you so much for those very kind words! I'm am glad to have made that world playable for any one with such any easy copy and paste!