March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Basic Adult Start Apocalypse - Wk 19 ☣

2...Next

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    Only read week 1. Already feeling nostalgic. Tried sims 4, when they get cold they get a moodlet, nothing happens even if they stay out all night when it says it's freezing. I thought it was so funny with the sims falling over in the snow and someone came to warm them up with a hairdryer. Most of the quirks was removed from sims 3 and onward.

Hi :)
    Thanks so much for commenting. :mrgreen:
    I didn't know that about TS4. TS2 does love its Sim failures. :lol:

Oh apocalypse challenges are my favourite!! I'll be reading through your challenge for sure!
    I just love how everyone approaches it from a different angle with what they unlock and their priorities. Plus it's just chaos!

Hi :mrgreen:
    Thanks so much for reading it. I love them, too! I think I've about read them all. :lol:
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 561 Member
    Rflong7 I hope you don't mind me asking but I was curious how you save your newspapers to keep certain job openings available. I tried saving them in my sims inventory and then keeping it on the roof once it had a job I hoped for in the future. But the paper didn't keep the listing and had to be discarded.

I am doing 2 apocalypse challenges at the moment. The college start is quite a bit easier then the Adult start. I've had to restart that a few times because I couldn't lift the career and get married in time. I've had a bit of luck in the one I'm trying at present and hope I'll be able to continue. I find myself following your footsteps and lifting Adventure first. Your Adventurer and Education is what I'm doing in the college start and it really makes a difference for the children.

So thank you again for sharing your stories. They really are great inspiration. Plus I love how you describe their stories!
    Rflong7 I hope you don't mind me asking but I was curious how you save your newspapers to keep certain job openings available. I tried saving them in my sims inventory and then keeping it on the roof once it had a job I hoped for in the future. But the paper didn't keep the listing and had to be discarded.

I am doing 2 apocalypse challenges at the moment. The college start is quite a bit easier then the Adult start. I've had to restart that a few times because I couldn't lift the career and get married in time. I've had a bit of luck in the one I'm trying at present and hope I'll be able to continue. I find myself following your footsteps and lifting Adventure first. Your Adventurer and Education is what I'm doing in the college start and it really makes a difference for the children.

So thank you again for sharing your stories. They really are great inspiration. Plus I love how you describe their stories!

Hi, Oolonglong :mrgreen:

Thanks!
    The papers - once I get 3 papers I make sure the one I want is listed before moving it to the roof. If you put it in their inventory it will rotate or change if taken out on a new day (after midnight). So, 3 papers then find the job you want and make sure there are always 3 papers on the roof because any less and a new paper will be delivered, making your papers no good.

Also, I use the glitch of putting a paper on a nightstand, coffee table and putting it in their inventory. Once in the inventory, let time start back up; go back into inventory to pull out the little table with the paper, take the paper off the table, put the table back in the inventory. This will cause a new paper to be on the table after time is restarted (if you don't unpause while removing it and placing it back). It's an old bug of the game which I like to exploit now and again. :)

I love Adventure/Education as the first 2 lifts. I just can't handle those poor kids being so dirty all the time. I know it's only a week but they're so miserable. Jumbok helps so much. And then teens can go to school. :)
    If you ever share your stories, don't forget to link me. I love reading them. :cookie:
    edited September 2019
    Hi! I'm going to reinstall this and start playing again. :)

Week 17 9/21 ☣ :cookie:

At week 17, it shouldn't be too much longer to finish. :fingerscrossed:
    The start of 17
    RznIVyW.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 561 Member
    Woot, a new installment. I'm so glad you are playing again!
  • dbtbandit67dbtbandit67 Posts: 12 New Member
    Nice!
    Thanks so much! @Oolonglong @dbtbandit67 :mrgreen::cookie:

I messed up and didn't have all of week 17 so I now have a week 17/18. Parts of both because Week 18 had a lot of Uni in it. :)

Week 17/18 9/29 ☢

F1R7K4r.jpg

Yay~ Finished Week 18 :mrgreen::cookie:
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,173 Member
    Hi @Rflong7 I have once again took the plunge. I did start with UNI though but going slow and steady this time. I know we are "allowed" 3 floors max until Politics I believe so does that mean 3 for living and the base/garage doesn't count as a level? Sometimes the rules are a bit "muddy" but I have athletics gone so would be nice to move some furniture around. Especially those beds in the kitchen area. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    @Bluegayle wrote: »
    Hi @Rflong7 I have once again took the plunge. I did start with UNI though but going slow and steady this time. I know we are "allowed" 3 floors max until Politics I believe so does that mean 3 for living and the base/garage doesn't count as a level? Sometimes the rules are a bit "muddy" but I have athletics gone so would be nice to move some furniture around. Especially those beds in the kitchen area. LOL

Hi, Awesome! :mrgreen:
    The way I understand it is: if there is a driveway under then that counts as a floor but if you use the foundation, that doesn't count as a floor even if you make it a basement.
    Athletics is so good to have when you don't have room. :smiley:
    Hi :mrgreen:

Week 19 is up. :cookie:
    Week 20
    Yay~ I'm almost done. :relaxed:

MlpqnsW.jpg