August 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
August 23 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

A Basic Adult Start Apocalypse - Wk 16 ☣

2...Next

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,608 Member
    Only read week 1. Already feeling nostalgic. Tried sims 4, when they get cold they get a moodlet, nothing happens even if they stay out all night when it says it's freezing. I thought it was so funny with the sims falling over in the snow and someone came to warm them up with a hairdryer. Most of the quirks was removed from sims 3 and onward.

Hi :)
    Thanks so much for commenting. :mrgreen:
    I didn't know that about TS4. TS2 does love its Sim failures. :lol:

Oh apocalypse challenges are my favourite!! I'll be reading through your challenge for sure!
    I just love how everyone approaches it from a different angle with what they unlock and their priorities. Plus it's just chaos!

Hi :mrgreen:
    Thanks so much for reading it. I love them, too! I think I've about read them all. :lol:
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 491 Member
    Rflong7 I hope you don't mind me asking but I was curious how you save your newspapers to keep certain job openings available. I tried saving them in my sims inventory and then keeping it on the roof once it had a job I hoped for in the future. But the paper didn't keep the listing and had to be discarded.

I am doing 2 apocalypse challenges at the moment. The college start is quite a bit easier then the Adult start. I've had to restart that a few times because I couldn't lift the career and get married in time. I've had a bit of luck in the one I'm trying at present and hope I'll be able to continue. I find myself following your footsteps and lifting Adventure first. Your Adventurer and Education is what I'm doing in the college start and it really makes a difference for the children.

So thank you again for sharing your stories. They really are great inspiration. Plus I love how you describe their stories!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,608 Member
    Rflong7 I hope you don't mind me asking but I was curious how you save your newspapers to keep certain job openings available. I tried saving them in my sims inventory and then keeping it on the roof once it had a job I hoped for in the future. But the paper didn't keep the listing and had to be discarded.

I am doing 2 apocalypse challenges at the moment. The college start is quite a bit easier then the Adult start. I've had to restart that a few times because I couldn't lift the career and get married in time. I've had a bit of luck in the one I'm trying at present and hope I'll be able to continue. I find myself following your footsteps and lifting Adventure first. Your Adventurer and Education is what I'm doing in the college start and it really makes a difference for the children.

So thank you again for sharing your stories. They really are great inspiration. Plus I love how you describe their stories!

Hi, Oolonglong :mrgreen:

Thanks!
    The papers - once I get 3 papers I make sure the one I want is listed before moving it to the roof. If you put it in their inventory it will rotate or change if taken out on a new day (after midnight). So, 3 papers then find the job you want and make sure there are always 3 papers on the roof because any less and a new paper will be delivered, making your papers no good.

Also, I use the glitch of putting a paper on a nightstand, coffee table and putting it in their inventory. Once in the inventory, let time start back up; go back into inventory to pull out the little table with the paper, take the paper off the table, put the table back in the inventory. This will cause a new paper to be on the table after time is restarted (if you don't unpause while removing it and placing it back). It's an old bug of the game which I like to exploit now and again. :)

I love Adventure/Education as the first 2 lifts. I just can't handle those poor kids being so dirty all the time. I know it's only a week but they're so miserable. Jumbok helps so much. And then teens can go to school. :)
    If you ever share your stories, don't forget to link me. I love reading them. :cookie: