Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What era/century does your sim(s) live in?

Majority of my sis live in the 21st century. Although I have always wanted to try the 1800s and 1920s
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I strive for a mid-century aesthetic for my sims, but suspension of disbelief is pretty much impossible with the game's reliance on mobile phones for gameplay.
  • RorosimsRorosims Posts: 51 Member
    I have a few different saved games. Most of them live in the contemporary era. But two of my saves where my main Sims are vampires are set in the Middle Ages. I don't really enjoy the idea of playing with "modern vampires" for some reason, and plus I like to create my own "origin stories" of the vampire culture, which means my vampires are usually among the "original vampires" of my Sim world. :blush: That basically determines that the story needs to be set in an earlier time if I want to play them as young vampires and let them grow into older and more powerful beings. But yes because Sims 4 doesn't let us customize the worlds, and that the worlds are all contemporary, you would need to seriously suspend your disbelief. Nowadays I mostly just avoid going to Willow Creek, and pretend not to see it when my Sims compulsively take out their phones to snap a selfie. But you should definitely try it! It's pretty fun if you can get into it.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    One save is theoretically 1950's
    One is early 2000's

I really wish there was more 70's, 80's and 90's clothing, I feel a Saturday night fever coming on.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    I guess my current Sims are living in the very end of the 20th or very beginning of the 21st.
    Pretty blocky computer and not much video gaming or phone use really.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    I play rotationally. So I start by doing two sims and I marry them, when the time is the 60s and the 70s. They have children, have their children married and have grandchildren, and the time is advancing to the 80's and 90's and so on. Until they have great-grandchildren or great-grandchildren, and then when I'm fed up with the family, I start a new one. It's an interesting style that I developed over time
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It would be interesting if we could start the first Sims generation in a specific chosen era (say, 17th, 18th, 19th and so on) and the next generations are continuing the legacy into a different era.. which could be up to probably into the future?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    On the rare occasion I play a household, they pretty much only ever exist in Victorian times (mid-late 1800's), because I love the style and 99% of houses I build are gothic victorian inspired
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    21st century. The sims' addiction to cell phones makes it impossible for me to play in any earlier centuries lol.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2018
    The devs forced present day to be the only century we can play. The sims in this iteration are all addicts to electronic devices. I personally would love to have the option to play in previous centeries.
    Post edited by BelongtoLCMS on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    For a time I went full on 18th century for my ancestral game save. I have since stopped using the cc clothing, et al, as it went wonky after patches and such. I even had two styles of spinning wheels for looks and a loom (which also substituted for a computer). Now, it's still the same family, but I let them wear the clothes from the game. Not quite the same feel, I admit, but more like a 'what if' scenario. My seventh great-grandfather lived from 1702-1803, born 1 Feb, and dying 30 Dec., so he was just shy of 101. Don't let people say we didn't live that long back then or that we weren't tall, either. This man was a huge, bear of a man and very strong, too. He lifted a donkey over the fence of his front yard, to make a point to a guy who came to 'challenge' his authority. The guy fled shortly after that, guess it worked. ;)

My other save is 23rd century — talk about extremes!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    My game is essentially a present-day setting. As others have said, it's definitely how the game is made. You can choose the style of architecture if you bulldoze and rebuild all the houses, pick and choose furniture and clothing, but the cell phone use is really interwoven throughout the game. And if you have/use City Living, well, San Myshuno is very 20th-21st century. Not much for that.

It works for me. I do have an ancient vampire who was born at the end of the 12th century and lives in an old (reconstructed) mansion, but she's getting to know some modern conveniences.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • clare74clare74 Posts: 107 Member
    I usually play in 2018 but a lot of the time my furniture and houses end looking more like 2000s than 2010s because it reminds me of my childhood. (even though i'm not even 20 yet i'm just barely an adult lmao). it seems more realistic to me because i don't know many people with super modern aesthetically pleasing houses.
    family tree (legacy family)
    origin id: clareo74
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Mine just live in the present. I could easily wish for a Renaissance stuff pack, however...so many gorgeous outfits *drool*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    1 save in the present and 1 save in 18th century. But it's not easy as there are not many clothes or possibilitys. It's boring staying on the same lot all the time. Bit if you travel... hmm your Sim makes kind of a timetravel into the future :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Mine just live in the present. I could easily wish for a Renaissance stuff pack, however...so many gorgeous outfits *drool*

The problem I would have with such a stuff pack is that the devs always go overboard and I can already see that, after installing it, all generated townies would spawn with these outfits. Would be really annoying for those who play in a present setting. They could only make something like this when we can finally blacklist cas items so random townies don't wear them.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    All of my saves I consider to be in the current era, because with cell phones and other technological things you can't disable, it breaks immersion for me when I try to play otherwise.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    I like to imagine that most of my saves are set in the 1990's, I just consider TS4 set in that era as it's an alternative timeline that comes before TS2, what I think is in 2004! I try to keep my household's electronics in a 90's style and have a lot of old deco for that. I also try to avoid using smartphones. x)
  • DoodlebeansDoodlebeans Posts: 75 Member
    I always play in the 21st century except for the exception of my Vane legacy. They're vampire-esque royalty.
    FFRnSKf.png?3

id - simsofbutter
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I strive for a mid-century aesthetic for my sims, but suspension of disbelief is pretty much impossible with the game's reliance on mobile phones for gameplay.

I guess you could pretend that they are time travler's living in that time period. lol
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »

I guess you could pretend that they are time travler's living in that time period. lol

In my mind, it's more of a 'what if …' scenario. Instead of playing their lives out all the way to the end, I'm not going to let my sixth great-grandmother pass away as she did. She was all of 33 and had complications with the birth of her tenth child. To top that off they had to rush to the Fort due to an Indian uprising. She passed away at the fort just prior to the attack.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    21st century. I would need a mountain of mods to create convincing gameplay in another era. I wish the option existed within the game though. Would love to play different time periods.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I play the present day. I don't want a ton of mods to disable cell phones and so on, if they even excist. I remember fondly the days of TS2 where you actually had to BUY a cell phone to use it. Nothing was "forced" on you, and you could create the game you wanted, in any time period you wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I love TS4, as much as I loved TS1, 2 and 3. I just wish it was OUR game, not the devs, like it used to be. I don't feel like "we rule" as much as we did. They created the frame work, and we painted the picture, as it should be.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've been playing a lot of royal families and I like to play them around the Tudor period or Elizabethan era. So between the late 1400s to early 1600s. I play mostly on the sims 3 though, since it's hard to do in the sims 4 with no cc. The clothing options in the sims 3 are not perfect, and kinda limited, but I don't go for complete accuracy. Plus they have a few options in the store that are pretty good.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'd love to play a historical-themed game but it's just not possible with the way the game is set up.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Most of my saves takes place in today's world aka 2018, but there's one that takes place back in the late 1980s.